NA, Compute Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology @
Glendale Community College
I am a highly motivated and qualified software engineer who has obtained extensive experience while being a project architect, lead application developer, senior web programmer, computer technician, and consultant. All of which demands advanced knowledge of the software development life cycle, object oriented programming, design patterns, multimedia applications, web programming, user interface development, graphic art, and basic
I am a highly motivated and qualified software engineer who has obtained extensive experience while being a project architect, lead application developer, senior web programmer, computer technician, and consultant. All of which demands advanced knowledge of the software development life cycle, object oriented programming, design patterns, multimedia applications, web programming, user interface development, graphic art, and basic knowledge of computer hardware and network systems. However, being savvy in just the technical aspects does not form a great software architect and based on my training in the arts as an actor and producer, I’ve learned what it takes to drive a team as well as work as a member of a team. Clear communication, respect, accountability, a desire to continually learn, and a sense of creativity are key aspects of my personality.
Senior Software Engineer @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Owner and Producer @ Founded Black Drone Media, LLC to produce and create entertaining independent content. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Software Engineering Contractor @ - Design, implement and maintain Knowzz back-end infrastructure
- Support Mobile app development (both iOS & Android)
- Support other operational needs of the company From July 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 1 month) Software Engineer Contractor @ I was originally brought on to handle setup, perform necessary modifications, and perform continuous updates of the legacy key disc system from Deluxe Digital Studios, but was quickly shifted to work on newer projects: the back end customer asset management system for the digital media conversion pipeline; back-end user system responsible for management of user profiles; customer and individual user based media catalogs coupled with UltraViolet; User based digital media rights management coupled with Ultraviolet integration; and digital media metadata management with ingestion transforms.
• Key engineer in management of metadata for digital assets including localized metadata for targeted regions.
• Lead engineer in development of management portal for use in configuration and setup of onboarding new customers into our digital media eco system.
• Lead in providing groundwork for logging system utilizing Log4Net and Splunk.
• Key engineer in the development, deployment, and testing of backend services providing functionality to Starz Play, Encore Play, and Movieplex Play. Functionality consisted of user authentication system utilizing Adobe Pass, account integration system, media playback system utilizing Widevine and Playready DRM Technolgoies, cloud distribution of media content, and media catalog generation and distribution system.
• Key Engineer in Barnes and Noble Nook Video. Development consisted of an expanded user system that accounted for B&N user systems, an on the fly metadata retrieval system consuming various external systems, an always up-to-date user based catalog system which accounted for extensive performance testing using such tools as Stella and JMeter, expanded modifications to catalog system, and integration to the UltraViolet catalog and metadata systems. From March 2011 to March 2014 (3 years 1 month) Senior Software Engineer @ I was hired into the Rich Media Services department of Myspace to provide the newly formed team with insight and architectural patterns in regards to new APIs they were developing. The team is responsible for all video media on Myspace which includes content ingestion, encoding, management, ad synchronization and monetization.
• Assisted in the creation and implementation of a state of the art analytics gathering and presentation system that is able to determine and publish trending information for the Myspace website.
• MySpace Redesign - Worked on multiple aspects of the redesign including but not limited to the front end profiles settings sections, photos section, and API level enhancements.
• Developed an API and Windows service that purged requested content such as images and videos from both the internal Myspace network as well as the multiple content delivery networks.
• Worked with Autitude and FreeWheel to connect our video database to theirs and harness their web services to provide ads to end user as well as manage the monetization of such ads. From April 2010 to January 2011 (10 months) Senior Software Engineer @ During my short tenure at Razorgator I was fortunate to be determined a strong asset to the company and put in charge of many critical time sensitive projects. All projects were efficiently executed and completed on time. Unfortunately the company encountered financial difficulty towards the end of my tenure which forced me to find another position prior to being let go.
• Lead on data center migration project.
o Created migration strategy documentation to follow and ensure all necessary actions were carried out in an orderly and effective manner.
o Migrated CMS applications, Frontend Web Applications, and Scheduled Tasks to new servers.
o Created and assisted in execution of test plans to ensure application functionality was properly running on new Windows 2008 servers.
o Created and assisted in execution of stress/performance tests of the Razorgator and affiliated front end facing websites.
• Created a new source control repository structure and migrated the old failing source control files from Perforce to SVN.
o Instructed the local team and the team in India on how the new source control repository was structured and how it should be used.
o Created methodologies to follow in regards to development branching, check-ins, code revisions, and patches as well as QC and release deployment paths.
o Integrated automated release scripts into development and QA repositories to stream line testing procedures utilizing cruise control.
• Assisted in development and deployment of the Razorgator redesign project. From December 2009 to April 2010 (5 months) Software Architect @ Architected the current platform that the BD-Live system and all future network service based applications will utilize.
o The system is built on SOA principals and utilizes numerous OO patterns.
o Segmented into four major tiers consisting of the Service Communication layer, XML Parser and Generation Layer, Data Access Provider Layer, and the Database Objects Layer.
o Segmented each tier into a robust Library Centric system consisting of multiple DLL files which provides agility when updating different sections of the system.
o Built on the .net 3.5 platform utilizing Microsoft’s LINQ technology for the database object layer.
• The Lead Software Engineer for the Disney BD-Live system which first released on Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition Blu-Ray disc.
• Took on many roles such as the business Analyst by working with and gathering client requirements, as well as Project Manager by helping schedule and orchestrate project efforts.
• A key member in the development and groundwork of the BootLoader for the Blu-Ray disc which is currently in the process of becoming patented.
• Developed the chat relay system that is currently being utilized by Sleeping Beauty, Tinker Bell, Wall•E, The Incredible Hulk, and Hell Boy II discs.
• Architected the Disney Virtual Living Room as well as worked on the implementation. This feature is currently being used on Pinocchio.
• Engineered the Warner Bros. Digital Copy website to support multiple languages which at the time included German, Castialian Spanish, and English.
• Engineered the web services for the MyScenes feature on the Bourne Ultimatum and American Gangster HD-DVD discs. From August 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 6 months) Software Engineer @ I was recruited to the iPayment IT Software team as a .net C# software engineer. Numerous projects had been completed within the first few months of starting there. This allowed the IT department of the company to gain strong recognition within the company. Previously the IT department was frowned upon.
I architected one of the projects which was an enterprise level entry system built on SOA technology. This software gave the ability for any of our internal employees to enter applications into our system as well as any representative or Third Party Company who could connect to us via web services.
Another project which I assisted development in was a large multimillion dollar profiting system which allows merchants, agents, and employees to be connected with vital account and transactional information that was updated daily. From December 2006 to August 2007 (9 months) Application Developer @ Hired by PPI Industrial to help efficiently manage and implement technology into their business that would result in improved customer service, turn-around time, and sales. I architected and developed a robust C# ASP.net web store featuring N-Tier technology and service oriented architecture. A few features of the web store include multi-user accounts with security roles for corporate level purchasing, user defined folders for storing item lists, highly specialized pricing system allowing customer specific pricing and multi level pricing, and a sophisticated navigation system for organization of inventory. To keep it well maintained a sophisticated administration utility was built to organize and manage all of the data displayed on the website.
Day to day activities included: troubleshooting network problems, troubleshooting software problems, setting up workstations, networking computers and devices such as printers or other networking devices together, creating crystal reports for purposes of displaying financial or management information, running back ups on databases, and the main task of the day is to continue development of current application projects. From March 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension