Bachelor of Science (BS) @
University of Tennessee-Knoxville - College of Business Administration
DENIS REILLY is a highly disciplined and effective leader who has built a successful career in logistics and supply chain management. His positive impact on bottom line performance as a senior executive has been felt from both the shipper and provider sides, and he brings a comprehensive understanding of complex, end-to-end supply chain issues across market verticals.
DENIS REILLY is a highly disciplined and effective leader who has built a successful career in logistics and supply chain management. His positive impact on bottom line performance as a senior executive has been felt from both the shipper and provider sides, and he brings a comprehensive understanding of complex, end-to-end supply chain issues across market verticals. Whether charting a course for startups, ushering companies through a period of turnaround or providing strategic vision in order to sustain high growth, he consistently achieves business goals and increases shareholder value. Having successfully orchestrated the sale of his former company, he has set his sights for new challenges at the C-Suite or EVP level in the supply chain and logistics arena.
Denis's situational, values-based leadership style has evolved through his industry acumen, willingness to assume new responsibilities and penchant for navigating companies through complex, challenging situations. His strength is in identifying synergies among people, aligning them with appropriate execution strategy and managing processes to enhance financial and operational performance.
Future-focused and metrics-minded, he has differential experience in all aspects relative to supply chain and logistics and lends a stabilizing influence in turbulent times. His commitment to excellence is reflected in the quality of his deliverables, the caliber of teams he builds and the winning attitude he instills in unifying the corporate culture. Whereas he is best-suited for high growth opportunities in well-defined markets, Denis will prove to be a valued asset to any firm in a startup or turnaround mode seeking strategic vision and experienced senior leadership.
Specialties:CEO | COO | EVP | President |Strategic Planning | Leadership | Supply Chain | Logistics | Procurement | Transportation Management | Brokerage | Contract Logistics | Inventory | Warehouse | Distribution | Dedicated Fleet | Reverse Logistics | Turnarounds | Revenue Acceleration | Startups | EBITDA Improvement | Chief Executive Officer | Operations | CPG | Consumer Products | Industrial | Retail | Food | Healthcare | 3rd Party Logistics | Private Equity | Portfolio Company | Merger & Acquisitions
President and CEO @ From March 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Independent Director @ From December 2012 to Present (2 years 11 months) President and CEO @ Denis was recruited to lead this cross-border truckload carrier out of a complex bankruptcy to a successful sale of the company. He directed the strategic planning process, initiated cost cutting and revenue enhancement strategies, and approved all major financial/cash management initiatives. The U.S.A. and Mexico operations included 3 terminals with 500 tractors and 1850 trailers. Denis was a Member of the Board of Directors. The company was successfully sold in the fall of 2012.
• Extended the company’s cash position 1 year by renegotiating lender terms and reestablishing credit with all vendors that totaled $8.25 million and implemented national supplier pricing producing $1.6 million in savings.
• Created a pricing department and implemented a new decision support tool that increased customer pricing and network efficiencies that drove line haul revenue per mile higher by 11% in the first year.
• Generated non asset based capacity by implementing an owner operator program that produced 80 operators and started a truckload brokerage division that yielded $5 million run rate in 5 months.
• Reorganized the sales team, streamlined new business processes, and started a lead generation program that produced $12 million in new sales in the first year. From 2010 to 2012 (2 years) McAllen, Texas AreaPresident North America Transportation @ Denis was recruited to this growing $1 billion international 3rd Party Logistic provider to develop and expand their North America Transportation service capabilities that would complement their well established contract logistic services. He held P&L accountability across 3 divisions (Transportation Management, Brokerage and Distribution) and support functions such as business development, carrier procurement and logistic engineering.
• Recruited a world-class executive team, rebuilt the operating infrastructure, streamlined processes and implemented state-of-the-art technology, improving EBITDA margin by 300 basis points.
• Formed an aggressive sales team, revamped the service offering, introduced a new mid-market solution, established a quantified value proposition model and created an inside sales organization, significantly improving new sales and the sales pipeline.
• Implemented proactive cost-cutting initiatives during the CY2009 recession, maintaining a minimal 9% decline in total revenues (due to lower existing customer volumes). Engineered an exceptional level of high-margin business growth among new customers and delivered an industry leading 3.5% gain in EBITDA.
• Transitioned the brokerage strategy from a regional operation to a national network which better aligned with the OHL customer base and produced significant new cross-selling revenue from existing clients. From 2006 to 2010 (4 years) Brentwood, TNSenior Vice President of North America Operations @ SVP Operations (MIQ) 2005 to 2006
COO (USF Logistics) 2004 to 2005
President and CEO (USF Processors, subsidiary of USFL) 2002 to 2004
Denis was hired to revitalize a struggling $40 million reverse logistics company (USF Processors). His initial challenge was focused on stopping customer defections, building a proactive management team, reducing operating costs and developing a well-defined strategic direction. Once the company was profitable, USFL successfully sold the company.
After the sale of USF Processors, Denis was promoted to COO for USF Logistics. In 2005, YRC acquired USFL and merged it with their 3PL (MIQ) which created an $800 million top tier 3rd Party Logistic Company. Denis was retained by the new company (MIQ) taking over all P&L responsibility for North American warehousing, cross dock, dedicated fleet, ocean and transportation management business units. Denis managed 80 operating locations that serviced industries such as retail, healthcare, consumer packaged goods, automotive, industrial and technology. From 2002 to 2006 (4 years) President and COO @ President and Chief Operating Officer 2000 to 2001
Senior VP Supply Chain Operations 1999 to 2000
Denis was recruited to this B-to-B startup to establish a streamlined global supply chain for the disposable healthcare physician market. After the DOT Com bubble collapsed, the board promoted Denis from SVP Operations to President and tasked him with transitioning the business from a healthcare distributor model to a viable supply chain software provider in the U.S. and Asia. Denis helped raise $43 million in second-round funding and sat on the Board of Directors. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Vice President Operations @ Denis was recruited to this leading edge 3rd Party Logistic Company to manage half the customer accounts. He held $400 million in P&L responsibilities and led all day-to-day operations for various customers such as Nike, Miller SQA, Coca-Cola and Sears. He directed strategic planning, contract negotiations, and solution development. His customers operated in 18 warehouses throughout North America and Europe.
• Negotiated 4 new major customer accounts within the industrial, consumer packaged goods, music and furniture industries that produced $210 million in additional revenue.
• Produced a 20% average annual profit growth for 2 consecutive years by leveraging efficient supply chain processes with an integrated transportation, order management and warehouse system. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Senior Vice President of Operations @ Senior Vice President of Operations - 1996 to 1997
Vice President of Operations - 1993 to 1996
Director of Operations and Service (Atlanta, GA) - 1990 to 1993
Denis was recruited to assist in starting up this international equipment pooling venture in the USA that grew to $350 million in 7 years. He was promoted rapidly to SVP of Operations and tasked with centralizing all operation functions, identifying and implementing leading edge technology, and streamlining operations to meet future growth expectations. Denis led strategic planning, logistics, warehousing, manufacturing and product development. He managed 260 North American depots with $195 million operating budget and was responsible for $220 million in capital expenditures. From 1990 to 1997 (7 years) Regional Logistics Manager | Transportation Manager @ Denis started his career at Frito Lay where he held numerous positions in shipping, transportation and logistics engineering. He was selected to be part of a major plant startup in California and was responsible for a traffic center turnaround in Indiana. From 1983 to 1990 (7 years)
MBA, Logistics & Marketing @ University of Tennessee-Knoxville - College of Business Administration From 1981 to 1983 Bachelor of Science (BS), Logistics @ University of Tennessee-Knoxville - College of Business Administration From 1977 to 1981 Jesuit Denis Reilly is skilled in: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transportation, Warehousing, 3PL, Start-ups, Business Turnaround, High Growth, Distribution, Mergers, Business Strategy, Business Planning, Budgeting, Supply Chain, Reverse Logistics, Logistics Management, Transportation..., Board, CEOs, Presidency, Private Equity, Business Integration, High Performance Teams, Go-to-market Strategy, P&L Responsibility, Strategic Growth..., Revenue Enhancement, Industrial Markets, Consumer Products, CPG Industry, Retail, Trucking, Freight Brokerage, Cross Dock, Food & Beverage, Electronics, Supply Chain..., Supply Chain Operations, Transportation..., Network Optimization, Dedicated Contract..., Turnaround Experience, Revenue & Profit Growth, International Logistics, Marketing Strategy, Fortune 500, New Business Development, Visionary, Executive Management, Technology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension