Operations Director - Global Major Projects @ Honeywell
Senior Project Manager / Acting Project Director @ Siemens WLL
Commissioning/Resource/Coordination Manager @ Siemens Energy
O-Levels / GCSEs @
My Professional Experience covers the full range of Electrical, ELV, ICT Infrastructure and Relocation Projects, (including but not limitied to - data-centre, desktop, voice and data and production of as built and connected documentation). I also have a good understanding of the ICT, Civil & M&E requirements for new builds or refurbishment projects where I have been
My Professional Experience covers the full range of Electrical, ELV, ICT Infrastructure and Relocation Projects, (including but not limitied to - data-centre, desktop, voice and data and production of as built and connected documentation). I also have a good understanding of the ICT, Civil & M&E requirements for new builds or refurbishment projects where I have been employed as in a variety of project related roles Operations / Contract Manager, Project Manager and Senior Project Manager. This has encompassed the management of small, medium and large teams on assignments with values up to £60 Million +.
I have worked on Major Projects around the world including Data Centre's, Airports, MOD, Healthcare, Financial and Public sector Projects.
I have excellent client and supplier facing skills, and I am used to managing project financials and deliverable responsibility right through to project hand over and final account. I have extensive experience of managing actual and virtual project teams. I have very strong Project Planning skills, including evaluating risk health and safely and client expectations, putting together detailed Project Plans in Excel and MS Project, and deriving work packages with risk assessments, change control and issue reports etc.
My Specialties Include but are not limited to:
Business development, structured cabling,customer relations, documentation, electrical, financial, management, microsoft access, microsoft works, ministry of defence, network engineering, networking, next, pabx, police, presentation skills, progress, promotional materials, radio, reports, sc clearance, scheme, specification, structured methods, supervisory skills, telecommunications, telephone skills, upgrades, voice and data,
Operations Director - Global Major Projects @ Hold Joint responsibility within the GMP Team Leadership for the performance and timely delivery of GMP's operations & Construction Activities. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Senior Project Manager / Acting Project Director @ Worked as Senior Manager on the ELV / ICT Package - circa $150 Million New Hospital Project In Doha - SMRC, the ELV / ICT package including 19 different systems, doing the design, installation / construction, QAQC, T&C and integration, handover From February 2012 to July 2015 (3 years 6 months) Commissioning/Resource/Coordination Manager @ In charge of making sure the correct resource was allocated to the correct projects and all training was up to date - as well as all commissioning activities on various sites. From February 2012 to March 2012 (2 months) London, United KingdomOperations / T&C Manager @ Initially employed to be responsible for the management of all installation and commissioning of the various systems below, Moved into the commissioning of all systems as below, major achievement was to take all the commission documentation for all systems below from a non compliant state to full client / customer approval within a 4 month period, working closely with the clients consultant in an efficient and proactive manner. From July 2011 to November 2011 (5 months) Regional Operations Manager @ Projects: Various:
Wide portfolio of Projects in the Scotland Region, all Operational Projects, Regional Budget, and Business Development as well as Major Projects.
Forth Valley Acute Hospital
BSF Projects: Edinburgh & Perth & Kinross
Data Centres: Project Dart - Barclays From November 2008 to July 2011 (2 years 9 months) Senior Project Manager @ Responsible for managing the design phase of the 3rd installment of the Heathrow T5 Project. I managed the scheme design to a construction design and in the process forming an ITT for the Cabling / ICT Package to be tendered against. From 2008 to 2008 (less than a year) London, United KingdomSenior Project Manager @ • Managing the Scotland Region and re-structuring business to make business more cost effective and to give a better level of service to our clients.
• Managing the CRM process and bringing our clients closer to our business with their needs and requirements. Interfacing with the Business and our clients at all levels.
• Management of a major new PFI hospital build in Manchester, in charge of all Installation, , Commercial and Financial aspects of the project, client facing and all the installation activities as well as the ICT element, Pabx and Network Design. Value: £6 million.
• JPMC – RDC2 Bournemouth: All ICT Infrastructure Design and implementation. Full project control Installation, Commercially, Financial: Value: 4.5 million, Completed August 2007.
• Project Inspire: 2 Projects for the MOD, Network & ICT Infrastructure, Structured cabling, fibre and copper backbone, full design responsibility.
• Bid Management: I have worked with the bid management team managing bids for various multi million pound projects – (Norwich Union Data Centre / Goldman Sacs Data Centre/ RBS Data Centres, to name but a few) and carrying out presentations to prospective clients. From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Project Manager @ in charge of a varied portfolio of projects including, ICT Infrastructure, Telecoms, CCTV security systems, M&E requirements, systems and Computer Based Projects for Signal Boxes in the rail industry, I have worked on major bids helping secure a 65 million pound 5 year framework agreement. This role has a strong client facing element with numerous reporting on a Project and Financial basis as well as board level. From March 2004 to September 2005 (1 year 7 months) ELV / ICT Consultant @ I worked for Dundee University as a IT/ Telecom Network Specialist, I work closely with the Universities consultants and contractors putting together framework agreement's and specification's for all new works that will be being carried out in over next 5 years, as part of the new Net Comms Projects, this includes all the structured cabling, re-design of comms rooms all CCTV and Access Control Campus Wide. From August 2003 to March 2004 (8 months) Dundee, United KingdomProject Manager @ London normally, but also Europe as required, Senior PM role in the Oxford University Campus upgrade, this entails upgrading all their old voice services internally and externally to a new C3 Voice Platform, making all their lines secure from fraud, supplying new phones etc, a very man-management role. From September 2001 to July 2003 (1 year 11 months) Project Manager @ Senior PM From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) Project Manager @ Employed as Contract Operations Manager on the Hong Kong International Airport. My duties included liaisons between the Airport Authority and Airport Maintenance Division Management on behalf of my employer. This included the Defects Liability Period Management where I was responsible for 24-hour standby cover for the Optical Fibre cable Network, managing and utilizing a small team of skilled technicians who form a first line back-up aid to the Airport Maintenance Division. Integral to this role was the management of the Defect Liability budget and monthly financial and progress reporting to the UK based Project Manager. From 1996 to 1999 (3 years) Project Manager @ as Contractors sub Agent on the Hong Kong International Airport. My duties included liaisons between the Airport Authority and Airport Maintenance Division Management on behalf of my employer. This included the Defects Liability Period Management where I was responsible for 24-hour standby cover for the Optical Fibre cable Network, managing and utilizing a small team of skilled technicians who form a first line back-up aid to the Airport Maintenance Division. Integral to this role was the management of the Defect Liability budget and monthly financial and progress reporting to the UK based Project Manager. From February 1997 to September 1998 (1 year 8 months) Hong KongSite Project Manager @ During this period I was employed as an implementation project manager, subsequently gaining promotion to Contract Manager. My duties where to initiate, supervise and manage the installation, termination, testing and commissioning of the Voice and Data backbone & structured cable networks to the Fixed Communication System and Passenger Terminal Building optical fibre network. This network covered a range of systems including: Police Dark Fibre, TSD and ITB Police optical fibre network, CCTV for Fence perimeter security gates and all outfield areas, SITA, Immigration, FIDS, Standby FIDS, Trunk Mobile Radio. From November 1996 to February 1997 (4 months) Site Manager @ Installing a wide range of voice and data communication systems on the Jubilee Line and up-grade. From May 1995 to November 1996 (1 year 7 months) London, United KingdomForman @ Structured Cabling (Voice and Data), and all Electrical Systems. From November 1993 to May 1995 (1 year 7 months) Glasgow, United KingdomTechnician on Cruise Ships @ Technician on Various Cruise Ships - looking after all electronic / electrical systems in the Casinos and Retail Outlets. From September 1991 to November 1993 (2 years 3 months) Electrical Supervisor @ Site Supervisor on major new hospital in Clydebank, In charge of small power and
lighting installation and testing and cable containment. From June 1989 to September 1991 (2 years 4 months)
Scotvec - Electrical Apprenticeship, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Scotvec - Parts 1 & 2 @ Clydebank College From 1985 to 1987 O-Levels / GCSEs, Maths, English, Physics, Modern Studies, Tech Drawing, Metalwork @ Clydebank High From 1981 to 1985 Various, Grade 1 to 7 @ Gavinburn Primary From 1975 to 1982 David MBCS) is skilled in: Structured Cabling Management, MAPM, MBCS, Cabling, Telecommunications, Documentation, Supervisory Skills, Customer Relations, Project Planning, Contract Management, Tenders, Project Execution, MS Project, Project Delivery, Program Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension