Site Finance Manager (Manchester McVities Plant) @ United Biscuits
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
44 year old qualified CIMA accountant who recently joined Bentley Motors after 19 years experience with Ford Motor Company in a number of Finance positions across most business areas including Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales, Product Development, Internal Audit, Profit Analysis and Treasury. I was Finance Manager at Dagenham Stamping And Tooling Operations during the closure of the
44 year old qualified CIMA accountant who recently joined Bentley Motors after 19 years experience with Ford Motor Company in a number of Finance positions across most business areas including Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales, Product Development, Internal Audit, Profit Analysis and Treasury. I was Finance Manager at Dagenham Stamping And Tooling Operations during the closure of the facility in 2013.
I have also provided business and strategic advice to Kuumba Youth Music in my role as Chairman of the Dagenham's Charity Committee and was given two European and one global award for this work in 2012. I also participated in internal and external recruitment activities for Ford.
Outside of work, I manage the official website for Tim Booth, the lead singer of James and I run a music blog called Even The Stars.
Finance Manager - Marketing and Sales @ Finance Manager for Operating and Marketing Expenses for Bentley Motors worldwide From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Owner @ Music blog site featuring new and established artists
Press releases for albums by Dave Fidler and The Slow Readers Club
Compiled tracklisting and additional material for reissue of James' albums for Universal Music - Laid / Wah Wah Super Deluxe and Deluxe editions (released March 2015) From 2014 to Present (1 year) Finance Manager - Engineering @ Short-term contract assignment based at Manchester Airport with responsibility for Airline Engineering costs and Maintenance provisions for the UK airline and developing common reporting processes across four European Group airlines. Matrix report to Finance Director, UK Airline and Finance Director, Group Maintenance.
- Managed month-end and year-end accounting and forecast for maintenance reserves and provisions, aircraft lease costs and depreciation and engineering costs for the UK airline.
- UK lead on development of 2014-2017 Airline Engineering budget
- Implementation of new reporting framework for P+L, Capex, Cash-flow and cost reduction activities for the new General Maintenance Organisation encompassing the engineering functions across Group airlines.
- Ensured all commitments to aircraft and engine lessors were met on a timely basis, liaising with Operational management on timing and with Group and local Treasury to ensure funds were available.
- Finance lead on cross-airline aircraft cabin refurbishment project including business case development, financial analysis and project control.
• Four direct reports. From September 2013 to June 2014 (10 months) Manchester, United KingdomFinance Controller, Dagenham Stamping and Tooling Plant @ Financial management and internal control of a manufacturing facility employing 900 people with an annual labour and overhead budget of £70m. Critical role in planning plant closure in July 2013. Member of Plant Operating Committee with Plant Manager, Production Manager and HR Manager
- Developed and delivered £70m annual budget and delivery of cost reduction tasks across three Operations – Stamping, Tooling and Estate Services. Regular review cadence with Ford of Europe (FoE) Manufacturing Vice-President and Controller.
- Managed month-end accounting and performance reporting for all three Operations.
- Developed and secured approval for and controlled Capital Investment Budget for all three Operations.
- Led all Plant Internal Control activity - including all Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements.
- Developed decommissioning plan, master schedules and budget following plant closure announcement.
- Developed and wrote decommissioning and disposal projects for FoE Board approval.
- Led asset re-use study and disposal approval and control processes following plant closure announcement to maximise revenue from site.
- Delivered new operating metrics and downtime reporting processes for Toolroom involving management, hourly-paid shop floor workers and Trade Unions to focus on KPIs and presented to Global Stamping Manager for roll-out to all Tooling Operations worldwide.
- Chaired Plant Charity Committee – won individual European and Global Diversity awards for work with Kuumba Youth Music Orchestra as well as a team award for the Committee.
- Four direct reports. From March 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 7 months) Variable Marketing Controller, Ford of Britain @ Financial control of a £1.5billion marketing budget of the Ford of Britain National Sales Company (NSC) to support vehicle sales to fleet and retail customers. Direct report to Finance Director, Ford of Britain
- Managed month-end accounting, reporting, forecasting, budget and business plan for variable marketing costs for Ford Britain NSC.
- Led business channel profitability review meetings monthly with FoB Directors.
- Designed and implemented transaction price reporting model to support unit profitability and margin analysis by vehicle, customer, business manager and sales channel to allow focus on higher-margin business.
- Presented fleet and rental segment marketing proposals to FoB Directors and FoE Vice-President Marketing and Sales.
- Led Finance team implementing “Blue Tag” pricing, which reduced list prices and marketing incentives to improve competitiveness within fleet market with respect to P11D vehicle cost including customer communications.
- Developed significant enhancements to costing of marketing programs to support sales incentives in Retail, Fleet, Rental, Motability, Direct and Governmental Sales and Ford Direct used vehicles.
- Designed, developed and implemented matrixes for Fleet Sales Managers to independently assess deal profitability based on changes to volume, product mix and discount levels.
- Created “Rules of the Road” for vehicle residual value forecasting for roll-out across FoE.
- Six direct reports and matrix-managed Fleet Deal Management Team of sixteen agency employees. From November 2008 to March 2011 (2 years 5 months) Audit Manager, Ford of Europe @ Lead on 16 business audits across Marketing and Sales, Manufacturing and Human Resources in eleven countries reporting directly to FoE Audit Director
- Management of complete audits from initial planning phase, information requests, process mapping, identification of key control and risk points, testing and writing and publication of audit report
- Liaison with audit clients from hourly paid employees through to FoE Directors
- Management of departmental audit plan for 16 employees
- Coordination of General Auditor’s Office involvement in corrective actions relating to functional S-Ox self-assessments
- Identified $65m quality of earnings issue in Ford France and supported corrective action follow-up From March 2006 to November 2008 (2 years 9 months) Special Assignment, Craiova Plant, Romania @ Four-month project lead on first due diligence performed by Ford prior to purchase of the ex-Daewoo plant in Craiova from the Romanian government
- Detailed review of business and financial processes relating to Purchasing, Accounting, Fixed Assets, Inventory Control and Health and Safety
- Assessment of the effectiveness and accuracy of Inventory and Fixed Assets valuations and the net cash position of the Daewoo company that formed part of the final purchase price
- Coordination of audit teams from PriceWaterhouse, FoE and Ford US
- Written report of findings delivered to FoE and Ford US senior management which formed key priorities once purchased was completed. Follow-up liaison with local management through 2008. From October 2007 to December 2007 (3 months) Finance Manager, Lion and Puma Diesel Engines @ Lead on all financial aspects relating to Lion and Puma diesel engines, including external sales to Jaguar / Land Rover, Volvo and Peugeot Citreon
- Cost and investment tracking for current and future model programs, including Program Approval and other milestone reporting papers, including scenario planning for diesel launches in N America
- Development of actual cost transfer price process for sales to Peugeot Citroen which started in 2004
- Ford lead on submission of grant application to UK government for expansion of Dagenham Engine Plant to produce an additional ½ million engines per annum From April 2004 to March 2006 (2 years) European Exchange Rate Coordinator @ - Design and development of currency exposure models by legal entity and proposals for minimising exchange risk
- Provision of 24-month forecast hedging requirements to Ford Global Treasury
- Forecast revaluation / devaluation and hedging impacts on FoE profits From December 2002 to April 2004 (1 year 5 months) Service Fee Co-ordinator, Ford of Europe @ - Developed business-driven allocation key process allocating central costs to manufacturing locations
- Generated legal entity profit forecasts from functional forecast inputs
- Coordination of service fee charges between Ford and Jaguar/Land Rover and Visteon
- Provided detailed support to legal counsel in Norway, France and Portugal in tax cases relating to service fees From June 2000 to November 2002 (2 years 6 months) Material Planning and Logistics Process Improvement Coordinator @ - Project leader on development of a Self-Billing invoicing system and freight cost reporting tool across FoE
- Design and implementation new freight cost account structure to increase transparency and accountability
- Management of Total Logistics Cost Workshops with freight carriers and Ford personnel to reduce costs From April 1998 to June 2000 (2 years 3 months) Cash Coordinator, European Treasury @ - Daily cash management and forecasting of nine Ford locations, Jaguar Land Rover and Aston Martin
- Lead in centralisation of cash management function to UK for Ford Norway and Aston Martin From November 1996 to March 1998 (1 year 5 months) Chassis Program Finance Analyst, Ford Focus @ - Lead on finance cost / investment reporting on Chassis parts for original Focus program
- Approval of all engineering changes
- Completion of make/buy studies From July 1995 to November 1996 (1 year 5 months) Cologne Area, GermanyEuropean Pricing Analyst @ - Coordination of all sales company pricing proposals for Scorpio and Escort launches
- Development of a business plan pricing model based on competitive market activity From March 1994 to July 1995 (1 year 5 months) Translator @ - Twelve-month placement in Translation Department working on a variety of projects, including UK and Middle East Sales and Marketing programs, the 1991 Annual Report and the official Volkswagen company history.
- During this placement I produced a 15,000 word dissertation in German on Volkswagen’s investment strategies in Eastern Europe, which achieved the highest grade in the year at University.
- In my final year at University, I also continued to do some additional freelance translation work for Volkswagen. From July 1991 to July 1992 (1 year 1 month) Wolfsburg Area, Germany
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), French and German and Business Studies, 2i @ University of East Anglia From 1989 to 1993 ACMA, First Time Passes in all 16 papers @ The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants From 1995 to 1998 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Auditor, First Time Passes @ Institute of Internal Auditors From 2006 to 2006 Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), IT Audit, First Time Passes @ Information Systems Audit and Control Association From 2007 to 2007
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension