I am an evangelist, story teller and growth hacker. I believe in telling a unique, differentiated story about a product, and delivering that experience to the customer from website, demo to deployment. I believe the real skill for marketers today is creating and growing a brand with next-to-nothing resources, using a combination of creativity and hacking/testing new
I am an evangelist, story teller and growth hacker. I believe in telling a unique, differentiated story about a product, and delivering that experience to the customer from website, demo to deployment. I believe the real skill for marketers today is creating and growing a brand with next-to-nothing resources, using a combination of creativity and hacking/testing new tools/channels/programs.
I am passionate about security and cloud, and write about these topics in my SecurityWeek and RSA columns.
- Security Week (http://www.securityweek.com/authors/danelle-au)
"The Rise of CyberExtortion"
"Strategy: Planning and Recovering From A Data Breach"
"Unlocking the Promise of Cloud"
"Network Security Considerations for SDN"
"Dealing with Mobility and BYOD Challenges? Start with the Network"
"The Weapon of Choice for Scada Protection"
"Getting the CISO A Seat"
"Out of the Shadows: Fear is the Real Cloud Threat"
VP of Strategy and Marketing @ SafeBreach executes the Hackers' Playbook of active breach scenarios and performs continuous breach validation to find holes in your network-- before an attacker does. Just like your very own automated "red" team, our breach validation platform allows you to quantify your attack risks without impact to your environment.
SafeBreach is funded by Sequoia Capital and Shlomo Kramer. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) VP of Marketing @ Responsible for the creation and execution of Adallom’s marketing strategy including brand, messaging/positioning, sales enablement and demand gen. Developed core critical content from customer deck and datasheets to solutions briefs and case studies. Grew global marketing organization. Reported to the CEO with regular presentations to the Board of Directors. Adallom was acquired by Microsoft in September 2015.
• Developed messaging/positioning that differentiated Adallom in a crowded Cloud Access Security Broker market
• Grew demand marketing team that orchestrated unique cloud security campaigns, nurture programs and joint events with partners
• Established credibility with industry analysts - "standing room only" panel sessions at Gartner Security and Risk Summit sessions, mentions in sessions/analyst reports
• Successfully launched product releases, financing milestones and key partnerships (HP, Softbank, FireEye and Check Point) garnering unique press coverage in key publications including Wall Street Journal, eWeek, Network World, CloudWedge, SecurityWeek and TechDay.
• Evangelized and increased share of voice in Cloud Access Security Broker market with press, analysts and customers via blogs, external webinars, external publications and articles in RSA and SecurityWeek
• Established new company website with simplified messaging and content (datasheet, solutions briefs, customer videos, product videos, case studies) From June 2014 to October 2015 (1 year 5 months) Director of Marketing, Security Solutions @ Strategic leadership position focused on driving Palo Alto Networks products and technologies in critical IT initiatives including virtualized/cloud datacenters, mobility, Zero Trust network segmentation and internet gateway.
In this capacity, responsibilities include developing and executing solutions marketing strategy and campaigns to drive aggressive growth, launching next-generation security solutions, articulating company/solution vision and direction to key customers, analyst and press, serving as company evangelist, and orchestrating demand generation and competitive programs.
- Developed critical content for customers, sales teams and partners. Created top 10 downloaded online assets - whitepapers, solution briefs, dummies book.
- Grew datacenter use case bookings to 30% of overall PANW bookings with more than 50% year over year growth
- Successfully launched unique integration with VMware NSX and Citrix to increase penetration in the datacenter, garnering unique press coverage in Network World, SDNCentral, TechDay and more.
- Orchestrated and executed on some of the most successful demand generation and competitive takeout campaigns
- Evangelized Palo Alto Networks products, technologies and solutions with press, analysts and customers, and grew thought leadership in key solutions From January 2012 to June 2014 (2 years 6 months) Santa Clara, CaliforniaSr. Product Line Manager - Security Solutions (TrustSec) @ Strategy and product management for TrustSec solution (identity, policy, access control) with a data center and virtualization focus. The solution comprises the Identity Services Engine (policy manager), Anyconnect client and identity/enforcement features embedded in Cisco’s core wired, wireless, routing and security infrastructure portfolio that deliver network access control for the Borderless Network.
- Responsible for establishing transformational product management practices around TrustSec, Borderless Networks and architecture sales by innovating on business models.
- Led a cross-functional team of Cisco's core infrastructure (switching, wireless and routing) product teams to differentiate key platforms via TrustSec security features/technologies such as 802.1X, security group access and MACSec.
- Defined and drove solution requirements across multiple product lines, created and executed the go-to-market and channel strategy, set strategic pricing and packaging, and defined the appropriate support model for TrustSec architecture sales.
- One of four teams at Cisco selected for strategic whole offer initiative comprising product, services, sales, financing, and comprehensive GTM strategies to drive agility for the business. Validated and presented strategy at the BN board. From February 2010 to January 2012 (2 years) Sr. Product Manager @ Senior Product Manager - Cisco ASA 5500 Security Appliances
Responsible for product management for the Cisco ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances product line with a focus on threat mitigation, identity and application visibility and control.
- Successfully defined the Cisco Global Correlation message and cloud computing security launched at RSA 2009.
- Developed and launched the ASA Botnet Traffic Filter feature, identifying infected endpoints sending phone home traffic to a command and control on the ASA.
- Developed the strategy for a new market opportunity with Unified Communications security focus on the Cisco ASA, including successful insertion of ASA into key Unified Communications architectures. Previously worked on SMB and branch office strategy on the ASA. From September 2006 to March 2010 (3 years 7 months) Product Manager @ Product management of Cisco 2800/3800 Integrated Services Routers voice gateway portfolio, including, voice gateways, voice gateway interface modules, DSP portfolio and unified communications security, with P&L responsibilities in the $200M annually. From January 2001 to September 2006 (5 years 9 months) Co-Founder @ From April 2000 to January 2001 (10 months) Senior Analog Design Engineer @ From February 1999 to April 2000 (1 year 3 months)
M.S., Electrical Engineering @ University of California, Berkeley Danelle Au is skilled in: Go-to-market Strategy, Product Management, Cloud Computing, Product Marketing, Security, Marketing Strategy, Virtualization, Telecommunications, Data Center, Strategy, Networking, Embedded Systems, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Cisco Technologies, Wireless
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension