Senior Director, Marketing Services @ Kellogg Company
Independent Consultant @ Oliver Wyman
Senior Digital Marketing and Media Strategist @ Self-employed
Innovative, results-oriented media executive with track record of creating solutions that meet strategic business needs. Expertise in emerging media and diverse background across clients and all media, including digital. A resourceful problem solver with proven ability to articulate complex issues. Skilled in creating and implementing advanced platform models. A strong leader recognized for fostering and developing talent.
Innovative, results-oriented media executive with track record of creating solutions that meet strategic business needs. Expertise in emerging media and diverse background across clients and all media, including digital. A resourceful problem solver with proven ability to articulate complex issues. Skilled in creating and implementing advanced platform models. A strong leader recognized for fostering and developing talent. Thrives in collaborative environment where individual contributions are valued and expected.
Specialties: Digital Marketing, Social Marketing, Data Segmentation, Addressability and Programmatic Advertising, Content Marketing, SEM, Ad Operations, Mobile, Digital Video, Advanced TV initiatives, Integrated online/ offline business solutions.
Associate Director @ - Oversee new model for publisher monetization across Kraft North America CRM assets across web, mobile, email, database, magazine and social channels including direct sales and RTB/ remnant opportunities
- Real time content management and distribution to enable viral opportunities, including sponsored native content across web, email, social and magazine properties.
- Oversee acquisition efforts, including SEM to drive traffic for all channels
- Oversee publisher operations, including DFP and viewability performance benchmarks. From 2012 to Present (3 years) VP/ Media Director @ Directed immediate staff of 10 to provide holistic media strategy across online and offline channels, and oversee digital activation for cheese/ dairy and grocery Kraft business units.
- Drove 100% increase in digital activation across SEM, branded content, video, social, Vivaki agency exchange and native content partnerships. Proved sales lift through MMA models based on digital activation and drove continued performance lifts.
- Oversaw development of 3 Effie award winning Kraft campaigns, including activation for “Real Women of Philadelphia” content/ community platform. Program awarded 2011 Gold Media Effie & Kraft Global Marketing Excellence Award
- Developed custom video principles to optimize programming that drive social conversations across national TV utilizing Blue Fin and social engagement data.
- Executed first Kraft paid media on Twitter, driving lift in social conversation, increased brand followers, and industry recognition (Miracle Whip/ “Imedia Top Social Brands in 2011”)
- Led improved integration of Strategy & Analytics. Ensured measurement plans built into campaigns to prove lifts in offline sales, qualitative brand metrics, and consumer engagement.
- Google AdWords certified From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) Media Director @ - Evaluated, negotiated and managed GM's industry firsts VOD activation & investments. Created market making economic model that increased efficiency and value to client
- Participated in HH addressability trials, and led client/ agency conversations.
- Analyzed, and consulted with leading vendors (ie Google, Navic, Tivo) for emerging audio and tv platform development. Experience working with auction based model. Provided platform overviews and activation recommendations to clients. Actively shared non-competitive insights and analysis across business units.
- Analyzed and explored content VOD opportunities across national and cable broadcast vendors
- Explored and analyzed set top box data solutions across providers From May 2008 to October 2008 (6 months) Media Director @ - Selected to attend SMG High Performance Top Gun Leadership training
- Led analysis, investment and activation for emerging media platforms across local media (VOD)
- Managed pricing projections, market inflation, and benchmarking for local television and radio across all DMAs/ dayparts
- Develop and manage multi market group deals (Olympics, NFL, NCAA, DJ endorsements and leading radio vendor partnerships) From July 2005 to May 2008 (2 years 11 months) Media Director @ - Multiple category experience across blue chip client roster spanning from package goods (Kraft, Philip Morris), automotive (GM), financial (Allstate), entertainment (Disney Theme Parks, E!), and travel (United Airlines)
- Highly diverse experience across media planning, budget management, activation recommendations and negotiation across all forms of media (national TV, local TV and radio, national print, emerging platforms, OOH and online)
- Active participant in numerous successful business pitches (GM planning - 2000, GM buying - 2005, Ballys - 2005)
- Received internal and external client awards (Fuel Awards, Kraft) and made key contributions for account incentive success. From 1995 to October 2005 (10 years)
BS, Business, Marketing @ University of Notre Dame From 1991 to 1995 Dana Shank is skilled in: Integrated Marketing, Digital Marketing, Media Planning, Digital Strategy, Advertising, Digital Media, Marketing, Media Buying, SEM, Digital Video, New Media, Online Advertising, Strategy, Interactive Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Mobile Devices, CRM, Social Media Marketing, Television, Email Marketing, Online Marketing, Broadcast, Google Adwords, Analytics, Marketing Strategy, Social Media, Programmatic Media, SEO, DMP, CPG Industry, Monetization, Ad Operations, Content Marketing, Native media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension