Certified Epic trainer enthusiastic about EHR, with experience in Willow, Beacon, Clinical Documentation (ClinDoc), HOD modules (inpatient/outpatient hospital services) and Stork. Hospital go-live experience. Excellent communicator with presentation skills for small and large groups (from CEO to front line employees). Instructional design experience includes training outlines, lesson plans, training assessments, and tip sheets. Creative problem solver with
Certified Epic trainer enthusiastic about EHR, with experience in Willow, Beacon, Clinical Documentation (ClinDoc), HOD modules (inpatient/outpatient hospital services) and Stork. Hospital go-live experience. Excellent communicator with presentation skills for small and large groups (from CEO to front line employees). Instructional design experience includes training outlines, lesson plans, training assessments, and tip sheets. Creative problem solver with project management skills.
Certified Epic Trainer (ClinDoc/HOD/Willow/Beacon) @ ● Provide strategic and educational expertise in the successful training programs for ClinDoc, HOD, Willow, and Beacon for Sutter Health (including Sutter CPMC, Lakeside Hospital, Sutter Medical Center Santa Rosa and Sac Sierra regions)
● Conduct small and large classroom facilitation for nursing/ancillary/clinical staff
● Ability to jump on training at last minute and pick up classes in a short period of time quickly and successfully for several separate training modules
● Conduct elbow-to-elbow go-live support From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Credentialed Epic Trainer (Inpatient - Stork/ClinDoc) @ • Provided strategic and educational expertise in the successful training programs for Epic's Stork and Clinical Documentation (ClinDoc) inpatient modules/training programs for Washington Hospital's nursing staff and clinical professionals
• Conducted small and large classroom facilitation for nursing/clinical staff
• Designed/developed/wrote facilitator guides, handouts, and job aids for Stork and ClinDoc
• Tested built training environments in partnership with analysts
• Conducted elbow-to-elbow go-live support for nursing staff, clinical staff, ancillary departments and practice management users
• Train-the-trainer for podium and presentation skills From March 2013 to July 2013 (5 months) Training Consultant (Contract) @ Hired for a temporary assignment (via Volt Services) to provide training analysis, development, and delivery for Patelco Credit Union.
• Enhanced, developed, and delivered current new employee orientation to strengthen on-boarding content and better ensure content retention
• Initiated/proposed field training program including certifying training branches to further assist with field/corporate synergy objectives
• Compiled comprehensive audit for training department using Excel and internal systems to ensure files and electronic data were in-sync in preparation of new LMS implementation From February 2012 to February 2013 (1 year 1 month) HR/Training Consultant (PEC) @ Consulted for JIB in the areas of employee relations/recruitment, training/OD, restaurant improvement and health/safety requirements to provide an overall improved product in North Pacific Region (includes Northern CA, OR, WA and ID).
• Provided full HR/training needs analyst business consultations for 50 restaurants to improve employee relations (hiring/terminations, employee relations, sexual harassment, workers compensation), daily operations (scheduling, training/development, rewards/recognition)
• Trained and developed employees in areas of managerial skills (including financial analyst, guest service, employee placement skills) and food safety (ServSafe)
• Successfully managed 10 direct reports for mystery shopping program including full-cycle recruitment, training and scheduling From November 2009 to September 2011 (1 year 11 months) Manager, Training and Organizational Development, Discovery Kingdom @ Responsible for the implementation and execution of all training objectives of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Oversee four direct reports (trainers) to ensure total training excellence.
• Managed/Facilitated theme park’s seasonal and full-time employee training, including new employee recruitment/orientation (for 2,100 employees), park departmental specific training programs and new management training program
• Managed theme park’s quality assurance program that not only improved guest satisfaction, but also assisted with employee satisfaction, retention and better work environment
• Successfully supported human resources in processing employee relations issues (sexual
harassment/training, insubordinate employee cases, disciplinary actions), recruitment and employee benefits program From April 2009 to November 2009 (8 months) HR Manager @ Responsible for all HR employee relations/recruiting needs for company’s 200+ employees. Guided/Coached upper level managers (including CEO) in effective HR decisions and exceeded recruitment goals.
• Developed and managed all HR employee relations practices to ensure company’s HR compliance, including employment relations (talent management, compensation, unemployment/EDD cases, sexual harassment, discrimination cases, terminations), worker’s compensation cases, and HR written/oral communications
• Single handedly project managed benefits administration and annual open enrollment for 200+ employees
• Over exceeded nation-wide full-cycle recruitment goals, including making strategic improvements on overall hiring practices
(sourcing, interviews, salary negotiations, new hire paperwork, new hire orientation, etc.) From July 2007 to February 2009 (1 year 8 months) Recruiter @ Responsible for the identification, qualification, matching, advising and managing of candidates. Directly involved in candidate hiring, discipline and termination decisions.
• Successful placement of candidates in a short period of time, with a GP margin as high as 38%
• Strong sourcing activities that involved successful market research, cold calling, recruitment calls and attending networking events
• Profitable relationship skills with candidates, by delivering exceptional customer service characterized by mutual respect, training, understanding and trust
• Engaging in candidate quality assurance, retention, extension, lead generation and remarketing From February 2007 to April 2007 (3 months) Trainer/Implementation Consultant @ Responsible for implementation/training of Alteer Office (a SaaS/electronic medical records program) at medical practices nationwide. Project Managed implementation training from discovery to post implementation support.
• Trained all medical staff in optimizing practice operations to ensure the ROI guarantee, equivocating to increased revenue
• Scheduled/implemented/trained all practice’s employees with multiple levels of knowledge and computer skills
• Exceeded client expectations by maintaining relationship during/following implementations (pre/post go-live)
• Exemplary absorption of the Alteer Office in a very short time, resulting in a “Train-The-Trainer” roll for new Alteer employees three months after hire date From May 2006 to November 2006 (7 months) Customer Service Specialist/Trainer @ Selected to provide stellar customer service for outside insurance agents, policy owners and internal clients; later promoted to train on internal and external operation systems. Series 6 licensed through PIMCO.
• Trained new customer service employees on operations systems and customer service skills in call center environment
• Educated and trained two of top five regional life marketing offices to ensure proper delivery and exceed sales goals
• Provided internal and external customers with clear explanations and information related to Pacific Life products From October 2003 to May 2006 (2 years 8 months) HR Coordinator @ Recruited by large HMO to work with the patient care recruitment team.
• Full-cycle recruitment duties from sourcing to on-boarding for patient care positions
• Conducted preliminary recruitment interviews and organized secondary clinical/hospital management interviews
• Successful team intermediary between union representatives and management during labor disputes
• Communicated and trained hospital/clinical management for successful job requisitions From October 2002 to October 2003 (1 year 1 month) JET Program/Assistant Language Teacher @ Selected for competitive Japanese government program to teach English and American Culture.
• Lesson development for classes in Japanese junior high, elementary and kindergarten schools
• Planned and carried out town’s adult conversational English course
• English speaking liaisons and planner assistant for Minamikata’s annual foreign exchange program From July 2001 to July 2002 (1 year 1 month) Guest Relations Host/Trainer @ Recruited for high profile position for superior customer service and communication skills; later head trainer for entire Guest Relations department From 1997 to 2001 (4 years) Hotel Reception Host @ Selected for competitive work experience/ambassador program for strong communications skills and to exemplify the “Disney Way”. From April 1998 to April 1999 (1 year 1 month)
BA, Communications/Public Relations @ California State University-Fullerton From 1998 to 2001 Curtiss Castonguay is skilled in: Employee Relations, Employee Benefits, HR Policies, Benefits Administration, Onboarding, Human Resources, EMR, Recruiting, Employee Training, Process Improvement, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Epic Systems, Epic Stork, Epic ClinDoc
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension