Bachelor of Arts (BA) @
Ivey Business School at Western University
I am a student in my final year completing a dual degree with Electrical Engineering and Business with the Richard Ivey School of Business, graduating in April 2016. I am a business student by education, an engineer at heart, and a developer by experience. I strive to be continually challenged and constantly learning. I am looking for
I am a student in my final year completing a dual degree with Electrical Engineering and Business with the Richard Ivey School of Business, graduating in April 2016. I am a business student by education, an engineer at heart, and a developer by experience. I strive to be continually challenged and constantly learning. I am looking for opportunities where I can combine my business background with my technical skills to work on cool projects.
I am currently looking for full time openings as a Software Developer, Product Manager, or other opportunities where I can combine technical skills with a business background to create exciting new products.
Software Infrastructure - Software Developer Intern @ • Improved utilization of Bloomberg’s compute clusters by building a service in C++ that executes and schedules jobs with Apache Mesos and ZooKeeper.
• Built a flexible load simulator in OCaml to research latency impacts of different routing decisions and scheduling policies.
• Used SciPy to create tooling for analyzing simulation results, allowing developers to customize load distribution strategies. From May 2015 to August 2015 (4 months) Trading Solutions - Software Developer Intern @ • Designed and built an application in C++ to collect real-time data on the 100 000+ daily trades flowing through Bloomberg’s trading platform to allow users to monitor the health and volume of their trades
• Worked collaboratively with Project Managers and Technical Leads to design the infrastructure and functionality of the application to better meet user needs From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Junior Developer (Co-op) @ • Created new features for a Retail Management System application suite that is currently being used by multi-billion dollar corporations
• Optimized Point Of Sale (POS) and Reports application to reduce latency, allowing for quicker processing of transactions and report generation
• Identified opportunity to improve software testing methods and led the design and implementation of an automated routine leading to faster test results and a more efficient use of resources From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Web Developer (Co-op) @ • Fully responsible for the design and development of a new corporate website increasing average page view times and decreasing bounce rates
• Developed full back end of the website with PHP and MySQL allowing for automation of several administration tasks
• Facilitated weekly meetings with the executive team to discuss progress and features of the website, allowing for collaboration and efficient execution of the development process From June 2012 to August 2012 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension