Top ranked sales professional with extensive experience in medical devices, medical implants, diagnostics, management and pharmaceutical sales. Exceptional record of successful sales results and awards. Well respected for outstanding communication skills and building authentic relationships with customers. Intuitive leader who anticipates physician and patient needs and provides expedient solutions. Thrives and adapts to an ever-changing and competitive
Top ranked sales professional with extensive experience in medical devices, medical implants, diagnostics, management and pharmaceutical sales. Exceptional record of successful sales results and awards. Well respected for outstanding communication skills and building authentic relationships with customers. Intuitive leader who anticipates physician and patient needs and provides expedient solutions. Thrives and adapts to an ever-changing and competitive marketplace.
Sr. Trauma and Extremities Territory Manager @ Managed a $1.5 million dollar territory including 7 major hospitals, 3 surgery centers, and 18 multi-specialty Orthopedic Surgeons. Responsible for selling orthopedic trauma implants for both upper and lower extremities, biological implants, and nerve repair products. Worked closely with surgeons, OR staff, material managers, purchasing, sterile processing, surgeon’s scheduling department, and surgeon’s clinic. Trained and managed five direct and indirect trauma and total joint associates on all trauma related products and procedures. On call 24 hours a day, consistently prompt and prepared for all cases.
• 2012 Senior Quota Achiever Award.
• 2012 President’s Dinner Award winner.
• 2013 Senior Quota Achiever Award.
• 2013 President’s Dinner Award winner.
• Grew territory from $400,000 to $1.5 million in two years.
• Converted two major hospitals and 8 surgeons to Stryker trauma equating to over $800,000 in new business annually.
• 2013 1 of 3 Senior Representatives invited to attend Gallup Management Training.
• 2014 Numerous record breaking sales months for trauma in the Central Valley.
• 2014-2015 Sustained consistent growth of over 10%.
• Successfully negotiated and secured hospital contracts, including sole source nerve repair agreements with Kaiser Fresno and Kern Medical Bakersfield; biologic bone-graph products with Fresno Surgery Hospital and Summit Surgery Center.
• Branch Leader for products launched, including clavicle and distal radius plates. From May 2011 to August 2015 (4 years 4 months) Central Valley, CADiagnostic and Therapeutic Territory Manager @ Built a territory of 125 gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons, along with 20 laboratories throughout Central California and the South Bay; including hospitals, surgery centers, and multiple Kaiser Permanente facilities. Responsible for the promotion and education of multiple genetic and serological GI diagnostic tests and medication. Consulted with physicians to interpret diagnostic results and offer current therapeutic treatments based on the latest studies and journal reviews.
• Consistent performance over goal, finishing in the top 25%.
• During tenure produced $4 million in new territory growth.
• 2005 Western Region IBD Diagnostic Technical Sales Specialist Performance Award.
• 2008 Part of the elite Sales and Marketing Action Committee Team Advisory Board; responsible for creating marketing materials for the launch of our IBS-Diagnostic System, Celiac Plus Diagnostic System, and Lotronex.
• 2008 1 of 5 Territory Managers nominated to attend/complete a three day IBS continuing education training course at the University of North Carolina.
• 2008 Trainer for the New Hire Phase II training class.
• 2009 Received Management and National Account Management training.
• 2009 Negotiated and attained a Laboratory Pricing Contract with Hunter Laboratories resulting in over $100,000 of new business annually.
• 2010 Received five years of Outstanding Sales and Leadership Award.
• Established Draw Fee Agreements with multiple laboratories, resulting in over $100,000 annually of new IBD tests.
• Successfully launched five new diagnostic and therapeutic products with immediate impact.
• Successfully completed annual company Physician Focused sales training courses. From February 2005 to May 2011 (6 years 4 months) Central Valley, CAProfessional Sales Representative, Pain Division @ Managed a territory of 130 Physicians consisting of Primary Care, Anesthesiologists, Neurologists, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rheumatologists, Oncologists, Hematologists, and Orthopedic Surgeons.
• 2003 Received the President’s Trophy Award for outstanding sales results.
• 2003 Received the Field Sales Director Award for outstanding sales results.
• 2005 Ranked 12th in the Nation out of 360.
• Gained market leadership with first line product in September of 2004.
• Entered territory March 2002 ranked nationally in the lower 10% of the sales force and finished 2003 Ranked 11th in the Nation out of 340.
• Primary product share growth of 4.89% with PCP/Pain Specialists ranking 17th in the Nation, and 7.22% with Oncology and Hematology ranking 29th in the Nation.
• Overall second product share growth of 2.46%.
• Placed two of my biggest prescribers in key speaking roles for Janssen Pharmaceutica.
• 2004 Avinza and Siebel Coordinator, 2003 Aciphex Coordinator, and 2002-2003 Safe Fleet Coordinator.
• Worked closely with local Strategic Account Managers and counterparts to pull through product initiatives with MediCal and Blue Cross.
• Conducted workshops and presentations with local Skilled Nursing Facilities and Rehabilitation Hospitals.
• Received annual advanced selling skills training.
• Gained proficiency in analyzing all company data reports and clinical studies. From March 2002 to February 2005 (3 years) National Sales and Marketing Manager @ Responsible for all in house sales representatives and over 33 dealers throughout the U.S. Coordinated sales literature, pricing, delivery, and training. Provided strategic direction for the design and content of all marketing materials.
• Lead the company in personal sales for three years running.
• Personally responsible for over 50% of total sales each year.
• Instrumental in increasing company’s yearly sales growth of over 30% annually.
• Negotiated and finalized large contracts with professional sports organizations, world recognized events, universities, school districts, and various municipalities.
• Utilized analytical and marketing skills in a fast paced, competitive, corporate culture.
• Gained proficiency with company’s data systems From June 1997 to March 2002 (4 years 10 months) Santa Barbara, CA
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Law and Society @ University of California, Santa Barbara Chuck Guentz is skilled in: Contract Negotiation, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical Industry, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Key Account Management, Product Launch, Sales Operations, Sales Presentations, Selling, Urology, Capital Equipment, Account Management, Healthcare, Management, Sales Effectiveness, Gastroenterology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension