certificates in accordance with STCW II/4 & III/4, Ship Mechanic – Deck and Engine Room Service @
Christian Bindel has been active in the field of photovoltaic system engineering since 1999 in a variety of engineering and management positions. He worked for Phoenix Solar in Germany from 2003 to 2007 gaining extensive experience in the planning and construction of PV power plants in the megawatt scale and is a specialist in performance optimised system
Christian Bindel has been active in the field of photovoltaic system engineering since 1999 in a variety of engineering and management positions. He worked for Phoenix Solar in Germany from 2003 to 2007 gaining extensive experience in the planning and construction of PV power plants in the megawatt scale and is a specialist in performance optimised system configuration. Christian moved to Australia in January 2007 where he worked as a leader in the development of a utility scale solar implementation strategy first as Managing Director of Phoenix Solar’s Australian subsidiary followed by positions with Origin Energy, First Solar and Mark Group. In January 2014 Christian joined Yingli Green Energy Australia as Technical Manager for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
Specialties: Lagre scale photovoltaic (solar electric) system design, project management and technical consulting.
Technical Manager - Utility Scale Solar @ With more than 10 years experience in solar implementation and solar technologies, growing our investment and capabilities in solar is one of our key priorities. Origin has flagged that it is considering the potential development of utility scale solar, and my responsibility is to manage all technical aspects of development, design and execution of these projects. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Sydney, AustraliaPrincipal @ Consulting in all technical aspects of photovoltaic projects including early feasibility, detailed technology understanding, technical planning, site layout, grid connection, review of concept planning, project and construction management, technical reports and tender submissions. From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Technical Manager @ Yingli Green Energy (NYSE : YGE) is a leading solar energy company and one of the worlds first full vertical integrated photovoltaic manufacturers.
Yingli's vertically integrated business model covers the entire PV value chain, from the refinement and production of fine silicon to the automated assembly of modules. Yingli offers some of the highest levels of manufacturing quality assurance; thus ensuring the highest quality is presented to market.
As Technical Manager I had responsibility for managing all aspects of Yingli’s technical product support, warranty, product maintenance and engineering standards in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands as well as contributing to global product development and innovation. From January 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 7 months) Sydney, AustraliaLead Solar Engineer @ Mark Group is one of the largest energy efficiency and renewable energy companies in the world with operations in the UK, Australia, USA and New Zealand. Christian held the position as Lead Solar Engineer with Mark Group Australia on a 6 months contract to consult on strategies to expand their operations into large commercial projects. From March 2013 to September 2013 (7 months) Sydney, AustraliaProject Manager - EPC @ First Solar’s EPC team is delivering the currently world’s largest PV power plants in the USA and is AGL’s partner for the construction of the 150 MWac Solar Flagship Project funded by the Australian Federal Government. From September 2012 to March 2013 (7 months) Sydney, AustraliaDevelopment Assessment Executive @ Developed a large scale solar implementation strategy in line with Origin’s electricity retail and generation portfolio.
Carried out a detailed network analysis for technically and economically optimised large scale PV integration in the NEM (Australian National Electricity Market). From January 2011 to March 2012 (1 year 3 months) Managing Director @ - Desert Knowledge Australia Solar Centre; Planning, supply and installation of Australia’s first CdTe PV installation
- German International School Sydney; Planning, supply and construction management of roof mounted PV system
- Tender submission for Horizon Power 500 kWp PV installation for Solar-Diesel Power supply
- Lead technical consultant to shortlisted consortium in the Australian Federal Government 150MWp Solar Flagship Program.
- EOI shortlisted and tender submission for Horizon Power 150 kWp PV installation for Solar-Diesel Power supply for remote communities in WA From July 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 7 months) Business Development Manager @ - Market entry Spain; research of local technical and regulatory requirements. Liaison with local subcontractors for the installation of large scale PV generators
- Market Entry Australia; Preparation of Phoenix Solar’s market entry in Australia. Submission of Business Plan. Preparation for establishment of Company office in Adelaide, South Australia From March 2006 to June 2008 (2 years 4 months) Chief Construction Manager @ - Solarpark Miegersbach, 5.3 MWp ground mounted PV system; At the time largest PV installation of the Phoenix Solar Group
- Solarpark Buchheim, MWp scale ground mounted PV system; First application of Cadmium Telluride (CdTe) modules
- Solarpark Reussenköge, MWp scale ground mounted PV system; Installation in coastal area From January 2005 to January 2006 (1 year 1 month) Project Manager @ - Project Waltenhofen, 400 kWp ground based PV system; Design and planning of first ground based PV system installed by Phoenix Solar
- Project Buttenwiesen, 1 MWp ground based PV system; Design, planning and construction management of world’s first Megawatt PV system using thin film modules
- Project Schwaab, 260 kWp roof mounted; Design of mounting structure, planning of PV System, coordination of 11 kV grid connection From January 2004 to December 2004 (1 year) Project Engineer @ - Quality Management of 1 MWp roof top installation on Munich Trade Fare
- Design adaption of a roof integrated PV mounting system into the product range
- Development of a ground based PV mounting structure to compete within the newly uprising market of large scale PV power plants From January 2003 to December 2003 (1 year) Ulm Area, Germany
Dipl. Ing. (FH), Electrical Engineering @ Fachhochschule Esslingen - Hochschule für Technik From 1997 to 2002 certificates in accordance with STCW II/4 & III/4, Ship Mechanic – Deck and Engine Room Service @ Schleswig-Holsteinische Seemannsschule From 1994 to 1997 Christian Bindel is skilled in: Photovoltaics, Solar, Renewable Energy, Project Engineering, Project Implementation, Project Execution, International Project Management, Technical Management, Technical Consultation, Product Innovation, Electrical Engineering, Solar Energy, Energy Management, Project Management, Power Generation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension