Independent, results-oriented software quality assurance professional with experience testing desktop and web based end user applications. Responsible for setting up, maintaining, and executing automated testing frameworks. Demonstrated ability to establish quality assurance processes throughout the software development life cycle while preserving the customer experience. Proactive problem solver, able to set priorities and multi-task both alone and as
Independent, results-oriented software quality assurance professional with experience testing desktop and web based end user applications. Responsible for setting up, maintaining, and executing automated testing frameworks. Demonstrated ability to establish quality assurance processes throughout the software development life cycle while preserving the customer experience. Proactive problem solver, able to set priorities and multi-task both alone and as part of a group. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
Specialties: Automated testing, Manual testing, Black Box testing, GUI testing, Usability testing, Destructive testing, Functional testing, Ad Hoc testing, Establishing QA processes, Setting up automation frameworks, Providing QA during the entire software development life cycle, Being an advocate for the customer experience
Software Test Engineer @ • Currently part of a group responsible for the conversion of our warehouse, shipping, & sourcing infrastructure from our own warehouse to 2 third party owned warehouses.
• Performed Black Box functional and integration testing on new front end features and bug fixes for the primary checkout workflow used by 5 different product lines. Responsible for smoke test automation stability on 4 development environments as part of the check in and release process.
• Created and maintained a suite of automated front end test cases using the in house Cucumber/Gherkin based framework. Increasing the number of smoke tests by a factor of 6 and adding 46 new full regression test cases.
• Converted smoke tests to use existing backend API and database code to execute non-group specific functionality. Reducing the number of test failures due to changes in outside functionality and decreasing the run time by an average of 40 seconds.
• Established a library containing Cucumber bindings for common front end functionality that could be utilized by any QA group writing front end automation. Reducing code duplication and increasing the speed of test case development. From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Senior Test Engineer @ - First full time QA position hired by manager.
- First dedicated QA resource on 5 separate product teams. (Bar, Ads, Bookmarklet, Mobile, & Interest Graph).
- Initiated integration of QA processes multiple into cross-functional product teams
- Developed and maintained both manual & Selenium/Python based test cases.
- Led bug triage meetings for Interest Graph products to prioritize bugs for current release.
- Worked with development team to test & release mobile products on iPhone, Android, & Blackberry devices. From May 2010 to June 2012 (2 years 2 months) Software Engineer - QA @ Ning is the social platform for the world’s interests and passions online. Offering an easy-to-use service that allows people to join and create Ning Networks to explore and express their interests, discover new passions, and meet new people around shared pursuits.
During my time at FactSet I have done manual testing of new features, set up automated regression testing, developed QA processes, provided QA services throughout the software development life cycle, created a bug tracking/assignment procedure, tracked issues in the company's bug base, collaborated with development & product management on a new release process, & established & managed a group of QA engineers. From March 2003 to February 2010 (7 years) Software Quality Assurance @ Ingenuity Systems is a leading bioinformatics company providing data and tools that allow researchers, biologists, and leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies to model, analyze, and understand complex biological systems.
While at Ingenuity I was responsible for the testing & overall quality of the company's web based bioinformatics search tool. I performed manual testing of new features & bug fixes as well as creating, running, & maintaining an automated regression suite for the application. I was also responsible for running a weekly cross functional bug status meeting designed to triage new bugs & update the status of existing ones.
One of my favorite achievements while at Ingenuity was the addition of usability specific bugs to the bug base which did not exist before I was hired. From September 2000 to August 2002 (2 years) Software Quality Assurance @ WebGain was spun out of Symantec Corporation Internet Tools Division in January of 2000. The products I worked on, the people I worked with, & the work that I did were all identical to when I worked at Symantec. Please see the Symantec portion of my profile for that information. From January 2000 to September 2000 (9 months) Software Quality Assurance @ Developed VisualCafé for Java which allowing developers to create Java based applications through the use of an integrated editor, compiler, debugger, and more. The application’s IDE allowed the user to rapidly develop an application through the use of wizards, drag and drop components, an a variety of editors and viewers.
Primarily responsible for the testing of the VisualCafé Studio product using both manual and automated regressing. While at Symantec I also provided feedback to cross-functional teams on the development of new features, produced demonstration scenarios showcasing various new features of the VisualCafé Studio product, participated in the development of Manuals and Help documentation for new features, & tracked issues related the current release in the company's bugbase. From June 1997 to December 1999 (2 years 7 months)
BS, Computer Science @ University of San Francisco From 1993 to 1997 Chris Mikkelsen is skilled in: Black Box Testing, Test Automation, Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Functional Testing, Ad hoc Testing, Negative Testing, Software Quality Assurance, Regression Testing, Testing, Selenium, Manual Testing, Quality Assurance, Test Cases, Web Applications, SDLC, Usability Testing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension