Skilled Application Support Engineer with 14 years of experience supporting enterprise systems and database along with both public and private cloud environments. Skilled and capable troubleshooter with a hands-on background of engineering and supporting systems comprised of Microsoft Windows 2000 through 2012R2, SQL Server 2000 through 2014, Oracle 10g, Sybase, Unix, Linux, AWS EC2, etc. Possess a
Skilled Application Support Engineer with 14 years of experience supporting enterprise systems and database along with both public and private cloud environments. Skilled and capable troubleshooter with a hands-on background of engineering and supporting systems comprised of Microsoft Windows 2000 through 2012R2, SQL Server 2000 through 2014, Oracle 10g, Sybase, Unix, Linux, AWS EC2, etc. Possess a proven record of Team Leadership (leading as many as 10) in a high pressure, fast paced environment. Proactively seeks to analyze root causes and improve processes through the use of a strong technical analytical background and problem solving skills.
Manager of IT Operations @ • Managed a team of system engineers and DBA’s
• Introduced MDM (Microsoft’s Mobile Device Management) to enhance security.
• Set up Hyper V 2012 failover clustering to increase private cloud up time.
• Set up Site to Site VPN to extend private cloud into the AWS public cloud to increase scalability and improve business continuity.
• Created a cross training program within the IT Operations team to limit bottlenecks on workloads.
• Rolled out One Drive for Business which allowed the repurposing of 2 TB of internal user backup files.
• Simplified internal network architecture to improve ease of management. From November 2014 to Present (1 year) Senior Cloud IT Administrator @ Architecting and building out high availability systems and databases in the AWS environment to host InfoMC's applications. From September 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 2 months) Manager, Operations @ From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Philadelphia, PAManager, Production Operations @ • Managed an operations team that supported 6 applications ranging from OLTP to Buisness Intelligence.
• Created and helped maintain run books, TSG’s, and knowledge bases for all applications.
• Used Sharepoint to host all customer relevant information to make users more self sufficient, allowing operations team to focus on higher level work.
• Significantly lowered average ticket response time through team cross training and having team constantly tweaking knowledge bases.
• Set up monthly meetings with development team to discuss ways to improve our products and lessen the reoccurrence of issues.
• Required a full root cause analysis for all SEV-1 tickets with review from all team members.
• Created a process to encourage greater team communication on all issues to improve collaboration of system engineers and DBAs to speed up issue resolution.
• Moved full application development life cycle to the AWS cloud (EC2).
• Saved the company $1.5 million per year by modifying how cloud computing was used to control costs.
• Performance tuned a “big data” ETL process through the use of indexes, statistics, and partitions to cut processing time down from 29 hrs to less than 6 hrs.
• Led an operations team initiative to automate all data quality checks, saving the QA team 6 hrs per day of manual work.
• Relocated 30 servers from a sister company’s domain to Razorfish domain to take control of an environment and control costs more efficiently.
• Implemented replication in order to move user queries from the database of record to replicant systems in order to improve query performance and protect the source from bad user queries.
• Manage a diverse group of sys admins and DBA's to support full application lifecycle. From October 2012 to April 2013 (7 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaSenior Systems Engineer @ • Moved all production applications into the AWS Cloud (EC2).
• Worked with development lead to implement Continuous Integration code release methodology.
• Implemented Active Directory.
• Defined and implemented cloud based disaster recovery methodology.
• Created a process to provide production duplicates as QA environments that cut down the number of bugs to reach production along with cutting down the time to provide up-to-date data to QA from 18hrs to 2hrs.
• Oversaw three onshore and a few offshore support engineers and DBA (SQL Server, AsterData) From June 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 5 months) Systems Engineer II @ • Set up a SOX compliant release management process.
• Set up a hosted VMWare ESXibased private cloud to increase servers without an increase in budget.
• Moved production servers to a new data center with zero application downtime.
• Defined and implemented disaster recovery plans for all production applications.
• Defined and implemented all operations department policies and procedures.
• Provided all DBA support to development and production (SQL Server, AsterData) From September 2008 to June 2010 (1 year 10 months) Senior Systems Analyst @ From January 2001 to August 2008 (7 years 8 months) Implementation Associate @ From July 1999 to January 2001 (1 year 7 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Marketing and MIS @ La Salle University From 1995 to 1999 Chris Gallagher is skilled in: Amazon Web Services..., Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server, MySQL, Business Analysis, Information Architecture, SQL, PL/SQL, Scrum, Agile Methodologies, Disaster Recovery, Operations Management, EC2, Cloud Computing, Cloud Security, Aster Data, Private Cloud, VMware ESX, Cloud Applications, Team Leadership, Oracle SQL, Cost Planning, Cost Management, Tandem Himalaya, Unix, Linux, Active Directory, Business Intelligence, ETL, Performance Tuning, Amazon EC2, Software Project..., Databases, Troubleshooting, Quality Assurance, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Project Management, Oracle, SDLC, Integration, Software Development, Continuous Integration, Software Design, Web Services, Perl, SOA, Tableau
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension