Chief Technology Officer for Consumer Electronics @ Amazon
Director of Operations Technologies @ Amazon
Director of eBusiness Solutions @ CenturyLink (Formerly Qwest)
Bachelor of Science, Electronics Engineering @
University of Southern Colorado
Results-oriented leader with more than 25 years of experience in the engineering, IT, operations, and customer service arenas. History of success in executive management and principal engineering roles. Compelling qualifications in knowledge management and change management. Highly technical with working knowledge of more than 20 operating systems and 25 programming languages. Proven expert in identifying and exploiting
Results-oriented leader with more than 25 years of experience in the engineering, IT, operations, and customer service arenas. History of success in executive management and principal engineering roles. Compelling qualifications in knowledge management and change management. Highly technical with working knowledge of more than 20 operating systems and 25 programming languages. Proven expert in identifying and exploiting cost-reduction opportunities through automation, remote access, etc. Additional core competencies include:
- People and Project Management
- Technical Strategy and Architecture
- IT Operations / IS Operations
- Software Design and Development
- Product Development Methodologies
- Process Improvement
- Customer Contact Center Operations
- Web-Based Self-Service
- eCommerce and Fulfillment / Distribution
Director of Operations Technologies @ Developed a strategic roadmap and built a large engineering organization to implement technical solutions aimed at putting the right people in the right places at the right times to optimize operation of the world’s largest fulfillment network. Solutions included:
- automated planning and scheduling for hundreds of thousands of associates, avoiding an estimated 135 million dollars annually.
- performance management software to automatically determine strengths and weaknesses and initiate related actions.
- systems to engage and motivate fulfillment associates and managers alike via both intrinsic and extrinsic motivators. From 2013 to Present (2 years) Director of eBusiness Solutions @ Managed a large organization (up to 275 onshore and 250 offshore resources concurrently) in the design, development, and delivery of CenturyLink's ebusiness and self-service programs, including all customer-facing and sales-force portals, and led CenturyLink's efforts to enhance its online presence by:
- providing a global perspective of the ebusiness landscape via technical expertise and a personal network of technology leaders.
- identifying, evaluating, and selecting new and emerging technologies to improve competitiveness and profitability.
- partnering with other CenturyLink leaders to identify and implement ways in which to increase online revenue. From 2010 to 2013 (3 years) President / Chief Executive Officer @ Increased ERI profits tenfold by transforming the company from a technology-driven brokerage to also become a major technology provider in the real-estate industry via:
- automating retrieval of contact information for 1.5 million agents.
- use of the retrieved information to advertise and sell software originally developed only for ERI agents.
- use of the information to create and advertise a fully-automated eflyer web service called MountainBytes and an ecard service called StreamingCards. From 2007 to 2010 (3 years) Executive Consultant @ Served as a consultant for executives at Western Union and Corporate Express, subsequently leading initiatives to:
- develop a strategy for Western Union’s Call Center and IT Operations Division, using ITIL standards and enterprise architecture techniques and appropriately reorganizing the 1500 associated resources to effectively achieve the new strategy.
- identify outsourcing and offshoring opportunities at Western Union and Corporate Express, also selecting appropriate outsourced / offshored resources and managing the transition of work at Corporate Express.
- manage application development teams (consisting of internal, contract, and offshore resources) for the first project at Corporate Express to use a service-oriented architecture and an agile development methodology. From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) President / Chief Executive Officer @ Led ERI from start up to become a successful discount real-estate brokerage (with an annual sales volume in excess of $100 million) by:
- developing an only-pay-for-what-you-get business model for listings.
- preparing a strategy to enable the model and directing its implementation, including development of automation mechanisms and creation of a call center.
- obtaining broker licenses in CA, CO, and MA in order to manage agents implementing the model. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Chief Information / Technology Officer @ Enabled a 20% increase in profitability in six months at Insight America by (among other things):
- reorganizing technical resources into R&D, Product Implementation, IT Operations, and Security and Compliance departments.
- establishing a new RUP-based development methodology, revamping key IT support procedures, and centralizing call centers.
- stabilizing the existing product line (aimed at providing web-based access to public records) to drastically reduce maintenance and support efforts. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Director of Systems Architecture @ Spearheaded the creation, dissemination, evolvement, and enforcement of the technical vision and architecture for Sun software, server, workstation, storage, and service offerings by:
- driving the Sun Systems Architecture Council, a team of 30 Vice Presidents and Directors responsible for making executive-level architectural decisions for the entirety of Sun.
- establishing Architecture Review Committees and managing the activities of eight such groups to ensure architectural reviews by subject-matter experts for all technical projects in given stages of the waterfall-based product life cycle.
- launching Strategic Working Groups and managing the activities of 19 such groups to ensure forward-looking investigation and policy development by subject-matter experts in critical technical areas for Sun. From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Senior Manager of Intranet Engineering @ Led Sun in leveraging the intranet as the primary platform for supporting business processes and knowledge management by establishing and managing a mid-sized department to:
- architect, implement, deploy, maintain, and provide support via a global call center for a business-critical, Livelink-based tool to meet Sun employees' needs for intranet-based document management and collaboration.
- deploy, maintain, and provide global call center support for the web servers and the general web content architecture required for a stable, navigable, and useful intranet for Sun's Services Division. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Chief Engineer for the Services CTO @ Guided the creation of a compelling technical architecture for Sun's Services Division by:
- identifying, investigating, and prototyping cutting-edge, service-related technologies (such as CRM, CTI / ACD, email management, remote access, systems management, and web-based live help technologies).
- architecting, managing, and leading the development of NetConnect, a web-based solution for remote monitoring and management of Sun products that avoided an estimated 50 million dollars in yearly field service costs alone. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Senior Program Manager for Knowledge Management @ Developed and initiated execution of an extensive strategy for knowledge management in the Services Division by:
- launching and leading a team of 40 management, engineering, and customer service employees to identify and analyze the needs for call-center-related knowledge management, then developing prioritized plans to meet such needs.
- architecting and managing / leading the development, deployment, and content teams for a case-based reasoning system that enabled front-line service providers to resolve five percent more issues (saving nearly 23 million dollars annually). From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Faculty Member @ Taught engineering, computer science, and math courses for undergraduate students. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Technical Manager for Services R&D @ Performed management and lead engineering functions simultaneously for a group in the Services R&D Department of Bell Laboratories to architect, develop, deploy, and maintain numerous service-related solutions, including:
- expert systems to monitor customers' voice and data communications systems remotely and, as possible, resolve system problems automatically, thereby reducing Lucent service / call-center costs by an estimated 37 million dollars annually.
- a knowledge management system with integrated case-based reasoning and electronic documentation components to aid service providers in Lucent’s call centers in resolving issues, saving approximately 14 million dollars annually.
- a report generation system that automated the previously-manual retrieval of customers' service-related information and the compilation of related reports, reducing costs by more than three million dollars yearly. From 1995 to 1998 (3 years) Member of the Technical Staff for Software @ Greatly impacted AT&T’s service- and manufacturing-related operations by architecting, developing, and deploying databases, software, etc., including:
- software to create PDF documents (with linked indexes, etc.) from many other document formats with minimal manual effort, thereby reducing the staff size needed for a service-related electronic documentation effort by 95 percent.
- a comprehensive database of recommendations for resolving all known types of failures for voice communications systems, along with a web-based interface to allow AT&T’s service providers to search the database via the intranet.
- a full-featured software package (including a GUI, back-end database, etc.) for managing the inventory of components for Colorado-based manufacturing and many scripts to automate aspects of PROM programming in manufacturing. From 1992 to 1995 (3 years) Senior Technical Associate for Hardware @ Assisted with the design of AT&T communications systems by inspecting new board schematics and developing simulations for circuit packs, as well as installing, configuring, supporting, and providing training on Sun systems, Amdahls, PCs, and software. From 1989 to 1992 (3 years)
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering @ University of Colorado Boulder From 1990 to 1992 Bachelor of Science, Electronics Engineering @ University of Southern Colorado From 1985 to 1989 Central High School Cheryl Bisque is skilled in: IT Operations, Process Improvement, E-commerce, Software Development Methodologies, Cloud Computing, IT Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, SaaS, Integration, Program Management, Enterprise Software, Vendor Management, Disaster Recovery, Data Center, Virtualization
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension