Carlo Savino is an experienced senior eCommerce and marketing executive with a distinguished and proven track record of managing large professional organizations, With a strong results-driven focus, his business-to-consumer experience focuses on online eCommerce, testing & targeting, web analytics and optimization, online advertising, landing page optimization, and lead generation. In addition to a strong business and financial
Carlo Savino is an experienced senior eCommerce and marketing executive with a distinguished and proven track record of managing large professional organizations, With a strong results-driven focus, his business-to-consumer experience focuses on online eCommerce, testing & targeting, web analytics and optimization, online advertising, landing page optimization, and lead generation. In addition to a strong business and financial foundation, he has extensive experience in planning, product marketing, product management, business development and sales, and he has demonstrated the ability to develop and maintain key talent within a highly complex organization.
Director, US CSB & Outlet Merchandising / E-Commerce @ Carlo Savino leads the Dell.com online merchandising team for the $2.2 Billion N. America Consumer, Small Business, Member Purchase Program, and Outlet divisions, with focus on B2C and B2B client products (PCs, Tablets, Services, Electronics & Accessories).
His experience includes responsibility for:
• Dell.com browsing experience for Systems & Electronics and Accessories eCommerce store,
• Dell.com shopping experience including customized configurator, and check-out
• Dell.com advertising
• Dell.com Loyalty Program & related initiatives
• Dell.com testing and analytics, including landing page, pathing/navigation, and conversion optimization initiatives
• Dell.com online operations, primarily focusing on offer development and product launches
• Multi-billion dollar P&L
Carlo has a strong Digital Media/Online Marketing foundation (SEM, E-Mail Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Comparison Engines, Display Advertising).
In 2009, Carlo took over responsibility for the eCommerce team, assuming leadership for Consumer Systems and Online Operations. In 2010 he was asked to assume leadership of the $500M Member Purchase Program eCommerce division. In 2014, he expanded his role to take on Small Business and Outlet responsibilities. During his tenure, Dell.com has re-launched its pathing and merchandising strategy, created significant improvements in navigation and site performance, and launched new revenue streams. His team is 35 people, plus >20 offshore sales operations and marketing analysts. From March 2008 to Present (7 years 10 months) Austin, Texas AreaMarketing Programs Manager @ • Business manager responsible for $100 million in rebate payments annually and $9M in Dell-branded gift cards.
• Implemented online enhancements including dynamic promotions and rebate page redesign, resulting in 30% year over year reduction in inbound Customer Care calls.
• Led cross functional team of marcom, sales, legal, online and IT departments, resulting in the successful transition of both rebate and gift card programs, Rebate transition resulted in 40% reduction in per-submission fees (annual savings of $4M) and an improvement of the overall customer experience. Gift Card transition resulted in $12M in OpInc driven through expansion of footprint, reduction in per card fees, internal management of card funds, and sales throughout Dell.
• Improved Dell Consumer coupon concession process, resulting in 80% fraud reduction and 60% decrease in accruable risk. From March 2005 to March 2008 (3 years 1 month) Austin, Texas AreaTerritory Sales Manager, Dell Direct Stores @ Management of 13 Dell Direct (Retail) Stores in 3 states. Primary responsibilities included:
• Attainment of targeted sales goals and performance through the effective management of the daily
operations of a 50+ member sales force in 13 retail store locations over two time zones.
• Result-driven approach and motivation of sales force to sell products and services through effective management of sales incentives, career development, reporting mechanisms and one-on-one relationship building.
• Control of marketing budget, staffing, and OPEX variables at a territory level.
• Recognized in 9 of 12 quarters for outstanding profitability performance, achieved through strong portfolio management, solution selling, and sales effectiveness. From September 2002 to March 2005 (2 years 7 months) Offline Sales Specialist @ • Sales representative within Consumer phone business, with consistent placement in top 10% of organization, and recognized as best-in-class for all customer satisfaction metrics
• Promoted to Mentor Leader within 6 months, providing oversight and leadership for top 1% of sales reps, and coordinating all sales mentorship programs within the Nashville office From September 2001 to September 2002 (1 year 1 month) Consultant @ • Groundwater analysis and remediation consultant for large, US oil and gas pipeline business
• Improved consulting project fees by $100k through improved CAD analysis of groundwater contamination expansion
• Credited with 19% reduction in analysis turn-around-time, driven through modeling enhancements. From March 2000 to April 2001 (1 year 2 months)
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Zoology/Animal Biology @ The University of Texas at Austin From 1994 to 1998 Bellaire High School From 1990 to 1994 Carlo Savino is skilled in: E-commerce, Analytics, Web Analytics, Demand Generation, Strategy, Multi-channel Marketing, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Product Management, Management, Product Marketing, Direct Sales, P&L Responsibility, People Management, Business Strategy, Online Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension