Operation Manager @ Global Clinical and Viral Laboratory
Marketing Manager Exec @ Makro SA
BSOCSCI, Environmental Management @
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Calvin Chetty has 10 years solid experience in the FMCG sector, dedicated towards Marketing, sales, operations, HR, strategy and general management. Calvin has vast experience at an executive level of management coupled with extensive academic qualifications including a MBA. He has a proven track record at Makro SA. Calvin currently strives towards improving efficiency's in an organisation
Calvin Chetty has 10 years solid experience in the FMCG sector, dedicated towards Marketing, sales, operations, HR, strategy and general management. Calvin has vast experience at an executive level of management coupled with extensive academic qualifications including a MBA. He has a proven track record at Makro SA. Calvin currently strives towards improving efficiency's in an organisation by developing sound strategies in achieving the organisations objectives.
Calvin's traits include but not limited to:
Proven sales and account Management experience
executive management experience
vast academic knowledge
Desirable experience in selling B2B
financial acumen in all business plans
Good command of English
Sells and negotiates skillfully
Delivers impactful presentations
Comfortable dealing with and presenting to senior executives and CEO's
Facilitates meetings with potential clients
Results oriented, with a drive to meet and exceed targets under pressure
Ability to work independently as well as with team members in other countries
Positive attitude, motivated and a self-starter
Ability to be flexible in a fast-moving, results-orientated environment
Entrepreneurial attitude; views the sales role in a creative fashion and is willing to take calculated risks to pursue things independently.
Bright, ambitious, self-driven, hard-working and flexible
Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires zero base thinking and innovation
Attention to detail
General Manager @ From September 2015 to Present (1 month) General Manager @ From September 2015 to Present (1 month) Operation Manager @ • Overall daily operations including:
• Marketing management and strategies
• Prepare Marketing and communication strategies
• Procurement operations and strategies
• Manage suppliers
• Implemented new software’s and programmes for automation
• Financial strategies and planning- including billing, debtors and creditors
• Employment Equity manager- EE, BEE and SD facilitator and planner
• Hr- draw up new policies and contacts- represent Co at CCMA
• Support the Board of Directors in ensuring compliance with the various statutory regulations including the Labor Relations Act, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act)
• Set up new pension fund and med aid
• Facilitate training and development
• Implementation of the operations strategy, goals and objectives
• Lead the operations function through demonstration of strong leadership behaviours
• Implement budget savings, improved efficiencies and waste reduction measures
• Manage change management
• Corporate governance
Consultation services offered to 12 clients:
• Management services
• HR management
• Recruitment strategies and policies
• Skills Development
• Employment Equity
• Industrial Relations
• CCMA representation and preparations
• Documents and Policies
• Financial management
• Sales and marketing strategies
• Company start ups
• Procurement strategies and policies
• Operational requirements From December 2012 to August 2015 (2 years 9 months) Durban Area, South AfricaMarketing Manager Exec @ • Sales and marketing manager
• Horizontal promotion new store, full duties listed below
• New market development and opening of brand new store
• Responsible for recruitment of staff and customers
• Complete store strategy on capturing market share
• Recruitment and sales strategy
• Biggest sales day for a brand new market
• Highest levels of retail customer recruits for a store opening- 25 000
• Highest levels of commercial customer recruits – 2500
• Below and above the line marketing
• Operational activities on sales floor, deliveries, order processes and sales implementation
• Directly responsible for inbound and outbound call centre, return and reception, sales rep and marketing teams
• Effective management strategy of sales, expenses and GP
• Commissioning major continuous research programmes
• Approving and supervising compilation of the total department's annual brand marketing plans
• Evaluating and approving annual brand marketing plans
• Providing marketing input to the Company's 5 year strategic plan
• Conducting Total Department Mid Year Review and Budgeting programme
• Responsible for volume sales, retail value sales, expenditure and profitability
• Reviewing and approving advertising briefs and creative briefs
• Evaluating and either approving or rejecting departmental media strategy / schedules, by assessing individual product needs and strategies, seasonality consumer demographics and awareness levels
• Implementation of social media
• Production - Examining and approving finished material
• Recommending and agreeing from knowledge of the market place and perceived consumer needs, the development of specific new products
• Reviewing and authorising final plan for presentation to top management prior to launch to the trade
• To complying with CSI and good governance initiatives/requirements
• Recruitment in line with EE plan
• Full list of duties are listed below in the Crown Mines appointment and per resume From May 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 8 months) Nelspruit Area, South AfricaMarketing Manager- exec @ • A thorough knowledge and understanding of SA Retail and Wholesale FMCG business
• Manage a staff compliment of 42, including 3 managers, sales budget turnover in excess of over a Billion Rands
• SAP and CRM Super-user
• Social media interaction
• Develop a business strategy for new client bases and monitor performance and profitability of existing clients on an ongoing basis
• Identify opportunities for new business and develop and grow existing customer base and market share
• In conjunction with trade marketing sales management and marketing, plans and co-ordinates the division’s business strategy in retail sector.
• Directly manages the activities of the CRO/account managers, sales force on a regional basis to ensure that objectives are achieved. This entails working with CRO sales representative/channel managers at least once a fortnight and ensuring that our sales / merchandising strategies are fully implemented.
• Regularly conduct training of Agents Sales Managers and Sales Reps and follow up with on-the-job training in the field.
• Manage and controls pricing and discounts, including promotional grid and promotional activity agreed at Head Office level with trade marketing management.
• Conducting regular meetings and business reviews with major customers on an ongoing basis, including the listing of new products.
• Ensure that point of sale material is kept in a good and presentable condition and that instore displays are put in place on the required date. Also follow up on P.O.S. delivery to CRO and ensure that CRO is fully briefed on promotional mechanics.
• Ensures that damaged goods and saleable stock returns are kept to a minimum by engaging the agent’s representative in acceptable and good merchandising practices (e.g. rotating stock according to expiry dates) and regularly checking the returns cage in the stores and ensuring that returns are picked up
full duties listed in resume
• From August 2008 to April 2011 (2 years 9 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaBusiness Development Manager @ • Managed 10 sales rep/account managers
• Jointly responsible for the biggest retail day in SA, with a turnover in excess of over R21 million for one day
• Develop business strategy to grow business
• Proactively manage high risk customers and identify corrective measures
• Monitor and review pricing structures on an ongoing basis
• Work closely with Technicians and the Finance divisions to manage customer accounts
• Manage and develop staff
• Responsible for both Retail and bulk categories
• Realigned customer base to meet needs of business
• Realigned Brand and implemented strategy
• Restructured sales teams
• Realigned product mix to drive higher margin business
• Professional communication and execution of customer activities, evenings, shows, Golf days and in-store promotions etc
• Implementing sound delivery processes
• Scheduling deliveries cost effectively
• Analyse reports to provide business partners with strategic information From August 2007 to May 2008 (10 months) Pretoria Area, South AfricaNational Sales Manager @ • Coordinate national Field marketing activities on behalf of Verbatim, Fujitsu-Siemens computers, Siemens Phones and Epson.
• Ensure that sales figures and marketing strategies are at optimum.
• Execute promotional plans at store level
• Manage a team of five employees nationally.
• Monthly reports nationally and give feedback to the clients.
• Provide training to my staff on all the latest technologies and protocols.
• Draw up training manuals and guidelines for my staff to ensure their task is carried out precisely.
• Also ensure retention and acquisition of business clients, with regards to maximum turn over.
• Drew recruitment policies and check marketing policies and strategies.
• Manage these accounts at an executive level From March 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 6 months) JHBEnviromental Officer @ Was responsible for ensuring the company met all its environmental requirements and maintained its environmental standards (with regards to legislation and ISO standards). I had to over see that the waste material was correctly removed. I also conducted safety check on all personnel on site. From January 2004 to February 2006 (2 years 2 months) DBN
Associate's Degree, Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist @ SLMTSA From 2013 to 2015 MBA, Business @ Mancosa From 2011 to 2015 BSOCSCI, Environmental Management @ University of KwaZulu-Natal From 2003 to 2005 Matric @ Havenpark Secondary School From 1997 to 2002 Calvin Chetty is skilled in: Marketing Strategy, Account Management, Marketing, New Business Development, Advertising, Marketing Communications, Sales, Market Research, Social Media Marketing, Direct Marketing, B2B, Strategic Planning, Business Development, Brand Management, Financial Analysis, Strategic Financial..., Financial Reporting, Sales Operations, Sales Presentations, Operations Management, Change Management, Sales Management, Online Marketing, Management, Customer Service, Negotiation, Business Strategy, Strategy, Project Management, Leadership, CRM, Marketing Management, Business Planning, Training, Budgets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension