Co-Owner and CFO @ Wells Design Inc./Wells Abbott Showrooms
Senior Vice President- Energy Capital Markets and Manager- Houston E&P/Midstream @ Amegy Bank
The University of Texas at Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business
Thirty years of oil and gas asset management and financial transaction experience including seventeen years in oil and gas asset and investment management and twelve years as a reserve-base energy lender/manager. Specialized in structuring and leading complex and innovative acquisitions, divestitures and financial transactions and capital raising. Strong leadership skills and reputation for integrity and credibility within
Thirty years of oil and gas asset management and financial transaction experience including seventeen years in oil and gas asset and investment management and twelve years as a reserve-base energy lender/manager. Specialized in structuring and leading complex and innovative acquisitions, divestitures and financial transactions and capital raising. Strong leadership skills and reputation for integrity and credibility within the financial and oil and gas community.
Managing Director @ Energy subject matter expert for Advisory, Turnaround and Restructuring practice. Carl Marks is a 90 year old merchant bank. Carl Marks Advisors provides corporate revitalization and investment banking services to middle-market clients, distinguishing itself with an exceptional degree of business knowledge and experience. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Vice President- Energy Capital Markets and Manager- Houston E&P/Midstream @ • Managed a team of 8 lenders covering the Houston, San Antonio and Louisiana markets. Primary budget and operating responsibility for a department with $2.2B in commitments covering 120 clients with operating income of $40MM.
• Member of Investment committee which evaluated private equity investment opportunities for a small fund of non-regulated bank holding company capital. Developed strong relationships with many private equity sponsors and portfolio companies.
• Member of senior loan committee which meets twice a week to approve loans across all lending areas of the bank.
• Designed and implemented energy stress test to help ascertain/manage capital adequacy and reserve requirements. From January 2011 to June 2015 (4 years 6 months) Executive Vice President @ • Primary responsibility for raising, documenting, managing and deploying $114MM in private equity capital.
• Responsibilities included overseeing investment of $80MM in Bakken Shale project; managing identification, evaluation and offer negotiation efforts for over $200MM in acquisition opportunities; evaluating joint venture relationship opportunities; managing investor and board communications; and maintaining banking relationships.
• Monetized investment with working interest partners through a $1.05B divestiture with net proceeds of $262MM. From March 2007 to January 2011 (3 years 11 months) President @ • Managed oil and gas investments for three family offices. Responsibilities included investor relations, screening prospects, managing banking and insurance relationships. Involved in closing 11 acquisitions, managing investments which included the drilling of over 100 operated and non-operated wells, and coordinating divestiture efforts. Total investments of over $110 million and total divestitures of $320 million.
• Primary responsibility for raising, documenting and managing two investment vehicles. Managed small office with 6 employees including office leasing, build out and startup activities. From January 2004 to January 2011 (7 years 1 month) Vice President Special Projects @ •Managed the structuring and creation of the $180 million IPO of the Torch Energy Royalty Trust (NYSE:TRU). A section 29 tax credit driven vehicle which generated $12 million in fee income and continues to generate over $1 million per year in marketing and other income. Served as president of Torch Energy Royalty Company.
•Leading role in negotiating and structuring the acquisition of an 11.74% interest in the Syncrude tar sands project from the Province of Alberta and the simultaneous $270 million public offering of the Athabasca Oil Sands Trust (TSE:AOS-u), a first of its kind monetization of an interest in the Syncrude project. Transaction increased implied enterprise value of Syncrude partners by $1.3B at closing.
•Created, licensed and acted as designated principal for Torch Capital Corporation (TCC), Torch’s broker-dealer subsidiary. Managed licensing process for two principals and two registered representatives. TCC was originally formed to generate investment-banking and related fees.
•NASD licensed principal. Expired Series 7, 63, and 24 licenses.
•Created, designed and implemented marketing effort for the sale/monetization of Torch’s largest oil and gas asset, a 90 Bcf coal bed methane project with section 29 tax credits. Interest owned was very complex and highly structured. Structured, explained and negotiated purchase and sale agreement, and legal documentation that included whole or partial assignments of eight major contracts and numerous smaller contracts. Resulted in offers ranging from $21 million - $45 million.
•Involved several fund raising initiatives for small private companies ranging in size from $10 million - $35 million.
•Managed a number of M&A mandates and private equity investments for various Torch clients and subsidiaries ranging in size from $5 million to $800 million. From 1992 to 2000 (8 years) Houston, Texas AreaVice President Energy Banking @ From 1987 to 1992 (5 years)
BS, Earth Sciences @ Stanford University From 1979 to 1983 MBA, Accounting and Finance @ The University of Texas at Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business From 1984 to 1986 St John's High School From 1969 to 1979 Brock Hudson is skilled in: Natural Gas, Petroleum, Oil, Gas, Corporate Finance, Valuation, Banking, New Business Development, Excel, Financial Modeling, Fundraising, Mergers, Private Equity, Due Diligence, Energy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension