Technical sales and marketing leader with broad experience in creating, implementing and driving successful B2B strategies across multiple regions, functional teams, business verticals and technologies. Specialization in broadband technologies and trends, with expertise ranging from architectures, to regulatory and economic drivers to business and consumer trends. Spent last ten years developing markets for DOCSIS technologies in North
Technical sales and marketing leader with broad experience in creating, implementing and driving successful B2B strategies across multiple regions, functional teams, business verticals and technologies. Specialization in broadband technologies and trends, with expertise ranging from architectures, to regulatory and economic drivers to business and consumer trends. Spent last ten years developing markets for DOCSIS technologies in North America, EMEA and CALA regions. Vast experience in selling and negotiating multimillion dollar contracts for equipment, software and services, as well as, managing business unit sales and marketing operations. Creative and versatile team player who enjoys technical problem solving, building highly collaborative, winning teams, and driving profitable growth.
VP Account Management @ From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Account Director, Sales @ From April 2014 to April 2015 (1 year 1 month) Greater Philadelphia AreaSenior Manager, Product Line Marketing, CMTS/CCAP @ From May 2013 to April 2014 (1 year) Sr. Marketing Manager, Americas @ • Provided product marketing and go-to-market strategy for $70M per year business across North America and Central and Latin America regions for Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) and related broadband enterprise software and services business.
• Responsible for the development and execution of sales and marketing strategy, and in delivering on business unit goals by solving problems across matrix organization involving product management, engineering, operations, sales, customer service, and finance.
• Deliver business and product line presentations to audiences ranging from C-Level to technicians.
• Business spokesman to outside analyst community and author of numerous product solution oriented white papers. From March 2011 to May 2013 (2 years 3 months) Sr. Marketing Manager @ From July 2007 to April 2013 (5 years 10 months) Senior Marketing Manager @ North American Marketing Manager (2008-2011)
• Provided product marketing and go-to-market strategy for Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) and related broadband enterprise software and services.
EMEA Marketing Manager 2006-2008
Responsible for CMTS and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) business in Europe Mideast and Africa (EMEA) and lead for product marketing strategy development.
• Business unit point of contact for all commercial and price negotiations for in regional organization.
• Extensive travel throughout region discussing customer needs and presenting technical solutions and business vision.
Product Marketing Manager (2001–2006)
• Responsible for marketing cable products such as optical transmission, fiber optics nodes, RF amplifiers and CPE to key service providers and distributors in North America.
• Responsibilities included: developing strategies to improve account penetration; working with sales to position new product offerings and improve sales effectiveness; setting customer pricing; analyzing competitive offerings and their financials; analyzing customer strategic initiatives; single point of contact between business unit and sales account teams. From March 2001 to January 2011 (9 years 11 months) Business Unit Manager @ • Responsible for sales and marketing functions including forecasting, marketing, pricing, contract negotiation, product development, customer relationships, hiring and employee performance.
• Direct report to the COO and managed a diverse team comprised of sales people, marketers, engineers and technicians. Increased sales force productivity by automating quotation process and implementing CRM software.
• Transformed business focus from equipment manufacturer to control systems and software integrator creating significant top and bottom line growth and a stronger future trajectory for the company. From January 1998 to February 2001 (3 years 2 months) Technical Sales Specialist @ • Consultant to potential customers by performing due diligence, developing conceptual designs, equipment specifications and budget estimates.
• Initiated the formation of an industry trade association called the Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Association, Inc. (EOSA). From July 1996 to January 1998 (1 year 7 months) Engineer @ • Designed custom, industrial sterilization systems for pharmaceutical and medical device industries using CAD software, ASME standards, and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams. From January 1995 to July 1996 (1 year 7 months)
MBA, Finance @ La Salle University From 2002 to 2005 BS ME, Engineering @ The College of New Jersey From 1990 to 1994 Brian O'Neill is skilled in: Solution Selling, Mobile Devices, Product Management, Sales Operations, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Product Marketing, Wireless, Strategic Partnerships, VoIP, Six Sigma, RF, IP, Telecommunications, Team Leadership, Product Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension