Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Information Management & Technology @
I have a decade of knowledge and experience in the design, development and implementation of mission-critical information systems with focus areas in both public and private industry ranging from high-availability system support to sensitive criminal intelligence information systems. My experience has displayed a concrete foundation of knowledge in data management and design expertise. As a former employee
I have a decade of knowledge and experience in the design, development and implementation of mission-critical information systems with focus areas in both public and private industry ranging from high-availability system support to sensitive criminal intelligence information systems. My experience has displayed a concrete foundation of knowledge in data management and design expertise. As a former employee of a New York State public safety organization, my knowledge and management of sensitive data under precise deadlines has helped me develop an understanding of governmental agency development lifecycles that have been a proven asset in the successful mitigation of project risks and closeout.
Project Lead @ Edgewater Ranzal is a full-service Oracle Platinum Consulting Partner with expertise in delivering Business Analytics solutions that include Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Business Intelligence (BI). From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Greater Boston AreaPrincipal Consultant @ - Design and develop unique extract, transform, and load processes to manage data from many disparate data sources for ingestion into Oracle Endeca Information Discovery applications.
- Create development task plans for delegation to a team of Technical Consultants to incorporate into a project plan with the ability to manage extensive task lists using Jira throughout a complete project lifecycle.
- Scope a level of effort (LOE) plan for estimation of project roles, timelines and roadmap.
- Demonstrate the value and functionality of several state-of-the-art technologies to VP & C-level executives.
- Provide customized training seminars for end users to better understand the functionality and usability of new applications. From January 2013 to January 2015 (2 years 1 month) Database Administrator @ - Design, administer and support multiple versions of Oracle databases running on both UNIX and Windows Server operating systems for a wide range of applications and their corresponding environments (dev, test, staging, prod).
- Create and performance tune custom views, procedures, packages and reports in PL/SQL to support client requests and application needs.
- Constantly review and analyze database performance, setup policies, and maintain security rules using Oracle GRID Control 11g and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Support enterprise search (Endeca) team with assistance on data acquisition and preparation for Endeca enterprise search applications.
- Immediately act on error alerts received from all production processes to ensure successful and highly available databases. Compare running processes against e-mail notifications, logs, and the Process Execution Calendar, a custom developed application, in order to identify omissions.
- Enable auditing procedures for each NYSP instance to implement standard and fine grain auditing with the addition of examining audit logs for anomalies.
- Coordinate with staff supervisors to manage user permissions, security levels, roles and profiles for access to customized views, procedures and highly sensitive data.
- Provide trend analyses and predictions for future Oracle hardware usage and load as well as additional recommendations for hardware scaling and acquisition.
- Monitor and research file system space usage history in order to properly assess usage, detect anomalies, and expand tablespaces whenever necessary in accordance with available space and application standards.
- Proactively monitor database health using Oracle Enterprise Manager and Integrity Check reports to discover corruption and logical inconsistencies, taking preventive or corrective action as required. From April 2008 to December 2012 (4 years 9 months) Albany, New York AreaSystems Developer @ - Designed, developed, implemented and supported the Traffic and Criminal Software (TraCS) application.
- Designed and developed the first-in-the-nation DWI form package that is used statewide by NYS Troopers through TraCS.
- Provided support and training for local agencies and State Police in TraCS and License Plate Reader (LPR) software on a daily basis.
- Administrator for BusinessObjects Enterprise XI where I developed Trooper Activity reports to be used by Investigators and superior officers within the NYSP. From May 2006 to April 2008 (2 years) Albany, New York AreaWeb Developer @ - Designed and Developed company website using HTML and CSS.
- Installed Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition on company and installed a Barracuda Spam Firewall 200 to reduce company-wide spam emails by over 90%.
- Managed company-wide computer systems upgrade project including existing system analysis, risk analysis of new equipment and software compatibility, budgeting for purchase of new computers, system implementation, and review with company president. From May 2004 to May 2006 (2 years 1 month)
Master of Science (M.S.), Information Management @ Syracuse University From 2002 to 2004 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Information Management & Technology @ Syracuse University From 1998 to 2002 Brian Kelsey is skilled in: Cloudera, Hadoop, Endeca, Splunk, Oracle, Databases, Database Design, Database Administration, Analysis, Architecture, Linux, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, Microsoft SQL Server
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension