Business Development Manager Federal Civilian @ Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Account Executive Federal Sales @ Docker, Inc
Territory Account Manager @ VMware
East Lansing High School, East Lansing, Michigan
Territory Account Manager @ Responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products, and services within specific set of Federal Civilian agencies. A position that required me to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle, while solidifying existing customer accounts and elevating VMware to a more strategic position within accounts. Managed complex enterprise sales campaigns while managing
Territory Account Manager @ Responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products, and services within specific set of Federal Civilian agencies. A position that required me to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle, while solidifying existing customer accounts and elevating VMware to a more strategic position within accounts. Managed complex enterprise sales campaigns while managing a diverse set of partners. From January 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) FEDERAL SALES MANAGER @ Create and implement operating plans to achieve strategic sales initiatives and segment goals. Lead and manage sales team to succeed in their individual business portfolios effectively and profitably. Establish manufacture partnerships to encourage growth in new product categories and solution sets.
• Recognized in 2009 with the company’s most prestigious sales award, “Crystal Award Winner” for the top sales manager in Public Sector.
• Astounding growth in 2009 achieving $191 million in revenue, attaining 62% year over year growth. Breaking previous year’s record for largest single month of revenue with $70 million in September 2009.
• Thriving sales in 2008 with 31% growth obtaining $118 million in revenue. Set record for largest single month of revenue in September 2008 of $29 million.
• Recognized in 2007 with the company’s most prestigious sales award, “Crystal Award Winner” for the top sales manager in Public Sector.
• Recognized in 2007 with the President’s Club Achievement for tremendous growth of 45% to $90M. Established a large presence within the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice.
• Recognized in 2006 with the President’s Club Achievement for outstanding growth of 15% to $62 million. Also acquired responsibility of Field Account Executives growing the team to sixteen coworkers
• Acquired a team of six inside Account Managers in April of 2004, and was instrumental in complete turnaround of under-performing accounts. This resulted in 59% growth with sales reaching $54 million in 2005 up from $34 million in 2004. From January 2004 to January 2012 (8 years 1 month) FIELD ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE @ Developed partnerships with vendor field sales representatives while building solid business relationships. Consulted with various decision makers and influencers at all levels in each target account. Provided in depth customer technology roadmaps and collaboratively worked with inside account managers to uncover new sales opportunities.
• Collaborated with the integration of Microwarehouse, Inc. acquired in 2003 by CDW. Assisted management with sales operations of over 60 new coworkers, working with executive leadership in training and developing business and operational skill sets.
• Increased sales by over $22 million in 18 months to National Institutes of Health, U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate.
• Became the first inside account manager in company history to be promoted to Field Account Executive. From January 2002 to January 2004 (2 years 1 month) Account Manager @ Consistently provided a superior customer experience by proactively managing and understanding customers’ business requirements. Effectively engaged value added resources and proactively built relationships with key manufacture partners. Stayed informed of new technologies and identified incremental opportunities to achieve profitable growth.
• Recognized in 2001 with the President’s Club Achievement. Also received awards for $One Million Dollar Sales Club in September, as well as $100K profit club for September and October.
• During 2001 anthrax attack on Capitol Hill, personally placed, delivered and collected on all orders for members of Congress and their respective offices due to standard carrier delivery had been suspended for over ten weeks.
• Created and established new growth territory for CDWG in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. Took the accounts from $30K in revenue to over $6 million in first 18 months. From June 2000 to January 2002 (1 year 8 months)
B.A, Business Marketing @ Michigan State University From 1996 to 2000 Bachelor of Science, Business Marketing @ Michigan State University, East Lansing From 1996 to 2000 Brian Burns is skilled in: Solution Selling, Channel, Cloud Computing, Channel Partners, Direct Sales, Salesforce.com, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Account Management, Resellers, Sales Process, Storage, Cold Calling, Professional Services, Managed Services, Virtualization, Sales Operations, Sales, Data Center, Lead Generation, Leadership, Sales Enablement, Management, Strategy, Business Alliances, Partner Management, Strategic Partnerships
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension