Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Philosophy @
The University of Western Ontario
I am a software developer working in the distributed systems space. After finishing my B.A. in philosophy, I discovered I had a deep interest in CS, and since then I've strived to learn as much as I can about problem solving and programming, as well as keep abreast of future-facing technologies. My goals are to keep on
I am a software developer working in the distributed systems space. After finishing my B.A. in philosophy, I discovered I had a deep interest in CS, and since then I've strived to learn as much as I can about problem solving and programming, as well as keep abreast of future-facing technologies. My goals are to keep on learning, building, and problem solving for the rest of my life.
Software Engineer @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) FrederictonSoftware Developer @ REST API Framework Development (Java)
• Select Contribution: Wrote specifications for and implemented universal endpoint pagination for a REST API framework. This made paging available to all API endpoints by default, no code changes necessary.
REST API Endpoint Design and Development (Java)
• Wrote specifications for and implemented multiple REST endpoints meant to expose product's functionality to a REST API that before was only accessible through the UI.
• Developed endpoints to incorporate robust validation, and to return JSON/XML responses that adhered to very strict internal standards.
Functional Test Framework Development (Python, pytest)
• Developed a test framework for running functional tests for API endpoints.
• Testing framework was incorporated into an automated test suite run on test boxes post-install as part of our build cycle.
• Designed and implemented endpoint tests.
• Wrote developer guide for writing endpoint tests for internal knowledge base.
Unix-style Command-Line TooI Development (Python, bash)
• Developed a unix-style client for users and scripts to interact with product's REST API. From January 2014 to September 2014 (9 months) FrederictonTutor @ Tutor for First-year Students
• Intro to Programming (Java, OOP)
• Information Systems (SQL, Relational Algebra)
• Discrete Math From September 2013 to January 2014 (5 months) FrederictonProgrammer (Co-op) @ Full-Stack Developer
• Design/Development of Task Time-tracking app. (WPF, VB, SQL)
• Developed front-end and controllers for MVVM enterprise apps. (WPF, VB, SQL)
• Designed and Deployed SQL reports (SQL, Crystal).
• Agile Development Cycle From April 2013 to September 2013 (6 months) Fredericton
Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS), Computer Science, 4.3 @ University of New Brunswick From 2012 to 2015 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Philosophy, 3.9 @ The University of Western Ontario From 2007 to 2012 Brenden Doyle is skilled in: Clojure, Distributed Systems, Concurrent Programming, REST, Functional Programming, Functional Testing, Docker, Web Development, Java, Emacs, Python, Linux, SQL, RDBMS, Vim, Git, C, Report Writing, Analytic Thinking
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension