Software Development Engineer @ - Use machine learning and data analytics to improve the quality of Amazon's massive product catalog From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Software Engineer @ - Help design and write core functionality of a new large-scale peer-scoring project(https://cloudscore.pearson.com/#/) to
Software Development Engineer @ - Use machine learning and data analytics to improve the quality of Amazon's massive product catalog From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Software Engineer @ - Help design and write core functionality of a new large-scale peer-scoring project(https://cloudscore.pearson.com/#/) to be used for massive online courses built using Play! Framework - Scala, Angular.js, Redis, MySQL(sharded) and Amazon S3.
- Increased development productivity and reduced bugs by designing a prototyping tool to generate code for project using data-model.
- Part of a large team of engineers and testers developing EPEN2, a Java-based web application for high-throughput grading of open-ended/free-text exam responses
- Designed and implemented data-driven ETL process service used for near real-time AWS Cloud to Pearson data warehouse data-export
- Wrote core services which interact with technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, MySQL
- Implemented front-end components with Backbone.js, d3.js, jQuery, require.js, underscore.js, Twitter Bootstrap, and Java Server Faces From November 2012 to September 2013 (11 months) Software Developer @ - Developed project presented at the 2011 VIVO Conference using Semantic Web technologies such as RDF, OWL, Jena and Pellet to transform relational data into VIVO aligned RDF triples
- Primary developer of web-based public version of genetic research tool published in Nucleic Acids Research (NAR) Journal
- Introduced contemporary NLP tools and Semantic Web technologies to help the Institute make better use of the large collection of multi-domain disparate data sources
- Built initial prototype for NLP information extraction of de-identified electronic medical record (EMR) free text using Deid tool, UIMA Framework, and cTAKES
- Creator of Nebula, a flexible Java-based web-form building tool, that increased developer and staff productivity by giving the staff the ability to manage web-form content in a variety of projects
- Responsible for developing several high-visibility projects. These projects are applied to areas including: organization administration, medical research, genetics research, and informatics research From September 2009 to November 2012 (3 years 3 months) Iowa City, Iowa Area
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension