I have over 9 years of full-time work experience as an engineer for Aviza Technology, Inc., Xilinx, Fairchild Imaging, Capella Photonics and EIQ Energy, Accel BioTech and Agilent. I have knowledge and experience in Firmware Design, FPGA Design, Microprocessor Design, Computer Architecture, FPGA verification, the Verilog HDL and GUI design. I graduated from San Jose State University
I have over 9 years of full-time work experience as an engineer for Aviza Technology, Inc., Xilinx, Fairchild Imaging, Capella Photonics and EIQ Energy, Accel BioTech and Agilent. I have knowledge and experience in Firmware Design, FPGA Design, Microprocessor Design, Computer Architecture, FPGA verification, the Verilog HDL and GUI design. I graduated from San Jose State University with a Masters Degree in Computer Engineering and a minor in Mathematics. I have also completed a variety of courses in C and C++, such as Data Structures, File Structures, Operating System Design, Compiler Design, Embedded Systems and Assembly language programing. My skills also encompass some knowledge of Python, C# and Autoit.
Firmware Engineer @ Firmware design in C and c++. RTOS From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Contract Engineer @ • Software and Firmware design for Medical Imaging System.
• FPGA design in Verilog and Xilinx tools
• C# software development in visual studios .NET
• C++ Embedded development in Analog Devises VisualDSP. From January 2014 to January 2015 (1 year 1 month) Software Engineer @ • Software Design for Accel Biotech medical robots using Python , C# and C++.
• Lead Software developer on HTG molecular Edge project, silver award in medical device excellence award (in vitro diagnostics)
• Lead Software for Geneweave Prototype robot.
• Prototype software for sonar micro plate measurement robot
• Prototype software for epoxy dispensing robot
• Object oriented software development using Python, C#, C++ and C.
• Cross discipline team interaction working closely with mechanical and electrical engineers.
• Driver design for robot subsystems.
• Responsibilities from requirements documents to production. From August 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 6 months) Firmware Engineer @ • Firmware design for Hydra solar power integration project.,
• Software and firmware development using C and C++ for TI Piccolo microprocessor.
• Firmware testing and debugging for multiple EIQ projects.
• GUI design in C# for Hyadum Project.
• GUI development for Reach SLCD6 touch screen embedded GUI board. From October 2011 to July 2012 (10 months) Firmware Engineer @ - FPGA Design designing custom modules for fiber optic switches. Designed custom SPI memory controller
- Firmware design and debugging DSP firmware
- Optical switches calibration, and testing, Autoit scripting to automate device calibration procedures From April 2011 to October 2011 (7 months) Firmware Engineer @ - Firmware design developing custom camera interfaces and image processing algorithms such as image statistics, digital gain, re-linearization, Dark noise correction and gain integration. Designed custom digital interfaces such as SPI, UART, JTAG and Camera Link. Designed FPGA-based DSP(digital signal processing) for Image correction and video processing algorithms.
- Developed firmware and verification algorithms for the Fairchild CMOS dental camera project.
- Developed Firmware for multiple Fairchild imaging sensors including 2051, 1023, 2001 and 1021.
- Logic design and verification for FPGA and custom ASICs using Verilog, Utilizing tools such as Modelsim for simulation and Altera, Quartus and Xilinx ISE for synthesis. FPGA design for Fairchild cameras, used for medical, industrial and military applications.
- ASIC and digital verification for CMOS imaging sensors and cameras.
- Trouble shooting and debugging and repairing Fairchild imaging Camera hardware.
- Timing constraints and analysis of FPGA designs in Altera and Xilinx tools. From April 2008 to April 2011 (3 years 1 month) Release Engineer @ Unix shell scripting and automation, Unix and Linux system management and incorporation of business system changes into controlled environments. From October 2007 to March 2008 (6 months) Software Engineer @ embedded systems programming, feature development, and maintenance of
real time operating system for the AVP (Advanced Vertical Processor) silicon furnace.
System software development for AVP in UNIX and Linux operating systems. From August 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 1 month)
Masters Degree, Computer Engineering @ San Jose State University From 2007 to 2011 Masters Degree, Computer Engineering (Embedded Systems Emphases) @ San Jose State University From 2002 to 2011 Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering @ San Jose State University From 2002 to 2006 Boris Khasin is skilled in: ARM, C++, C, Semiconductors, FPGA, Integrated Circuit Design, Debugging, ASIC, Python, Visual C#, Verilog, Digital Signal Processors, Firmware, Software Development, Programming, ModelSim, Embedded Systems, Microprocessors, TCL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension