General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer @ Hayman Capital Management, L.P.
Managing Director @ Total Infrastructure Management Solutions LLC
Chairman & Executive Producer @ Cinco Bear Productions
Master of Business Administration @
Oklahoma City University
Blake is an experienced private equity, corporate and energy generalist responsible for advising senior leadership on equity investments, asset purchases, private financing transactions, electric power project development and compliance. Also, he drafts and negotiates a wide variety of agreements related to private funds, banking and commercial transactions, EPC and construction transactions, supply chain activities, employment and regulatory
Blake is an experienced private equity, corporate and energy generalist responsible for advising senior leadership on equity investments, asset purchases, private financing transactions, electric power project development and compliance. Also, he drafts and negotiates a wide variety of agreements related to private funds, banking and commercial transactions, EPC and construction transactions, supply chain activities, employment and regulatory matters. He developed, installed and manages the SEC compliance program for the Registered Investment Adviser, and is responsible for FERC and CFTC compliance. Blake is currently admitted in to practice in Texas with the ability to waive in to other jurisdictions.
Notable accomplishments include developing financing over $5 billion in natural gas-fueled electric generation facilities with some facilities winning awards such as Merchant Power Deal of the Year from Project Finance Magazine and Project Finance International and Green Deal of the Year from Dallas Business Journal. Blake is a speaker at industry events and is also a past Chair of the Energy Bar Association's Natural Gas Regulation Committee.
Associate General Counsel & Senior Compliance Officer @ Associate General Counsel & Senior Compliance Officer of a private equity firm concentrating on the development, acquisition, construction and operation of natural gas-fueled and solar generation facilities and related infrastructure.
• Investment Adviser's Act, private funds, deals, financing transactions, commercial and construction contracts, supply chain activities, corporate governance, ESG and sustainability and employment agreements
• Federal and State regulatory efforts including CPCN applications, gas and electric transactions and hedge products
• SEC, CFTC, and FERC compliance From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Consultant @ Provide creative solutions to regulatory challenges by delivering governance, regulatory and risk strategies to energy clients.
• Dodd-Frank, CFTC, FERC, and NERC From August 2011 to April 2012 (9 months) Houston, Texas AreaFERC Consultant @ • Develop and deploy a FERC Compliance Manual for Blanket Certificate Automatic Authorizations and §2.55 activities
• Lead cross functional teams to manage process improvement projects from inception to deployment and measurement
• Minimize the risk of non-compliance events by analyzing, documenting and improving processes, controls, and change management
• Lead change by creating stakeholder buy-in and communicating critical areas of process improvement to Directors and VPs From January 2011 to August 2011 (8 months) Houston, Texas AreaAttorney @ From May 2010 to December 2010 (8 months) Attorney @ From August 2009 to May 2010 (10 months) Clerk, Office of the Solicitor & Office of General Counsel @ From May 2008 to August 2008 (4 months) Clerk, Judge Jacqueline Miller and Office of General Counsel @ From August 2007 to December 2007 (5 months)
Juris Doctor, Financial Services & Commercial Law, Electronic Commerce @ Oklahoma City University School of Law From 2006 to 2009 Master of Business Administration @ Oklahoma City University From 2006 to 2008 BBA @ Washburn University From 2002 to 2006 Certificate, Spanish Language and Culture @ Universidad de Cantabria From 2003 to 2003 Blake Jones is skilled in: FERC, NERC, Dodd-Frank Act, CFTC, Energy, Compliance, Utilities, Natural Gas, Renewable Energy, Contract Negotiation, Policy, Environmental, Commodities, Risk Management, Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension