Chief Supply Chain Officer, BU President and SVP @ Sears Holdings Corporation
Vice President of Global Logistics and Fulfillment @ Dell
Vice President of Logistics and Transportation @ Best Buy
BS, Economics and Finance, 3.37 @
Dynamic and innovative senior operations executive offering more than 18 years of experience in cross-industry supply chain strategy design, global operations management, and transformational change. Respected supply chain thought leader with a proven track record of building and leading high performance organizations in the design, implementation, and operation of differentiated supply chain capabilities. Leverages industry-leading technology and
Dynamic and innovative senior operations executive offering more than 18 years of experience in cross-industry supply chain strategy design, global operations management, and transformational change. Respected supply chain thought leader with a proven track record of building and leading high performance organizations in the design, implementation, and operation of differentiated supply chain capabilities. Leverages industry-leading technology and best practices to achieve cross-functional objectives. Orchestrates the coordination of internal and external stakeholders to accelerate growth with creative solutions. Proven track record of results in a variety of industries including retail, electronics and high tech manufacturing, technology, chemicals and natural resources.
Specialties: Cross-industry supply chain design and strategy, global supply chain operations and network design, third party logistics management, outsourcing selection and implementation, union negotiation, fleet management, transportation procurement in all modes, fleet asset management, global supply chain strategy, transportation management software selection and implementation, supply chain procurement, global trade compliance and retail operations.
Chief Supply Chain Officer, BU President and SVP @ - Responsible for the operation, strategy, and transformation of all aspects of the company's supply chain, including distribution, transportation, customs compliance, home delivery and installation, sustainability and global sourcing.
- Manage a global supply chain team of approximately 8,000 associates with an operating budget of approximately $2.5B annually.
- Manage a global sourcing team of 900 associates responsible for the direct import of approximately $3B FOB annually.
- Operational responsibility of 38 DC facilities and 106 cross dock locations. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Greater Chicago AreaVice President of Global Logistics and Fulfillment @ - Oversee all finished goods logistics and fulfillment operations, logistics network design and procurement, reverse logistics, remanufacturing, service parts logistics for Dell Globally.
- Operational budget responsibility for over $1.5 billion in annual freight, remanufacturing and contract logistics spend involving the fulfillment of over 220 million units globally per year and over 2 million square feet of fulfillment and production space.
- Manage procurement and commercial relationships for approximately $2 billion in annual freight, contract logistics, and fulfillment spend with ~ 70 global providers.
- Supervise and lead a global organization of 250-300 Dell team members in 20 countries in North America, South America, Asia, Australia, and Europe From April 2007 to April 2014 (7 years 1 month) Austin, Texas AreaVice President of Logistics and Transportation @ - Managed all aspects of transportation procurement, planning, customs compliance and execution for Best Buy’s 22 DC and DDC locations and approximately 850 stores in the United States (inbound, outbound and import), import logistics and customs compliance for Best Buy Canada, and loss prevention and safety for the Best Buy domestic transportation and distribution network.
- Responsible for managing an annual freight spend in excess of $400 million across all modes of transportation, supporting approximately $35 billion in annual sales. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaVP of Logistics and Transportation @ - Controlled and supervised all aspects of inbound, import and outbound freight management for Rite Aid’s network of 3,382 stores and eight distribution centers supporting over $16 billion in annual sales.
- Managed the strategic planning and daily operations of an outbound fleet of approximately 350 tractors and 1,100 trailers; one of the Transport Topics top 100 private fleets in the US.
- Managed private fleets, outsourced third party and company-owned fleet assets, and dedicated logistics providers. From April 2002 to July 2005 (3 years 4 months) Harrisburg, Pennsylvania AreaSenior Manager, SC Strategy Practice @ Managed projects and worked as a supply chain consultant to multi-billion dollar clients in the Retail, Chemicals, Natural Resources, Electronics and High Tech industries. Skills acquired include network strategy/ design, supply chain technology selection, logistics procurement strategy development and execution, and service parts logistics strategy. Significant experience in logistics procurement optimization software deployment and transportation management software selection. From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) Greater Chicago AreaDirector of Supply Chain @ • Responsible for developing the vision and execution of supply chain solutions for emerging B2B Company focused on mid-tier industrial processors in the plastics, metals, and packaging industries.
• Created and supervised the development of the Commerx eShip and eCollaborate solutions, from partner selection, contracting and development through product rollout and sales support. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Greater Chicago AreaLogistics Analyst - Intern @ From 1995 to 1995 (less than a year)
MBA, Logistics and Marketing, 3.7 @ University of Tennessee-Knoxville - College of Business Administration From 1995 to 1997 BS, Economics and Finance, 3.37 @ Clarkson University From 1989 to 1993 Bill Hutchinson is skilled in: Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Warehouse Management, Process Improvement, Procurement, 3PL, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Optimization, Operations Management, Collective Bargaining, Warehousing, Transportation, Fleet Management