Chief Executive Officer @ Piedmont Medical Care Corporation
Chief Financial Officer @ Piedmont Medical Care Corporation
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Health/Health Care Administration/Management @
Georgia State University
A highly experienced healthcare executive serving the past 7 years as CEO of Piedmont Medical Care Corporation, a 270 member multi-specialty physicians group and subsidiary of Piedmont Healthcare. Skilled in collaboratively working with physician leadership and leading efforts in the areas of strategic plan development, physician compensation plan design, achievement of growth initiatives, and high achievement of
A highly experienced healthcare executive serving the past 7 years as CEO of Piedmont Medical Care Corporation, a 270 member multi-specialty physicians group and subsidiary of Piedmont Healthcare. Skilled in collaboratively working with physician leadership and leading efforts in the areas of strategic plan development, physician compensation plan design, achievement of growth initiatives, and high achievement of operational goals.
Chief Executive Officer @ Promoted from CFO to CEO in 2007. Accomplishments include:
• Grew PMCC to $180M annually in net revenue through aggressive focus on market share, revenue maximization at all levels, aligning physicians to productivity and expansion of advanced practice clinicians.
• Successfully integrated and operationalized strategic acquisitions of numerous medical groups including 2 groups in prior 2 years consisting of 52 physicians.
• Partnered with CIGNA in 2010 to form an accountable care organization in effort to improve patient quality and reduce medical expenditures on a patient population of over 26K.
• Redesigned physician compensation plans towards a value based approach incorporating population based quality and service metrics.
• Redesigned patient access protocols to include:
- A common patient access standard across physician practices;
- Standardized appointment types;
- A minimum number of same day appointment slots for all physicians; and
- Implementation of a cross practice hybrid scheduling process.
• Increased average primary care panel size by 150 panel members in prior year by:
- Implementing new patient access protocols;
- Increasing use of advanced practice clinicians; and
- Introducing compensation incentives for panel size growth.
• Consistently achieved patient, employee and physician satisfaction at the 80th percentile or higher by utilizing Studer Group techniques.
• Consistently achieved gross days in A/R in high 20s for primary care and mid 30s for surgical practices during a period of rapid growth and a software conversion from Nextgen to EPIC.
• Implemented concierge medicine service line for primary care in partnership with MDVIP.
• Developed a physician referral tracking system and a value score card in effort to enhance PMCC’s clinical integration with other healthcare partners. From 2007 to March 2014 (7 years) Greater Atlanta AreaChief Financial Officer @ Responsible for revenue cycle, accounting, audit, in-house payroll, accounts payable, tax reporting, financial reporting and budgeting. Achieved MGMA Better Performing status for revenue cycle management, placing PMCC in the top 10th percentile nationally. From 1994 to 2007 (13 years) Greater Atlanta Area
Master of Health Administration, Health/Health Care Administration/Management @ Georgia State University From 1991 to 1993 Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Health/Health Care Administration/Management @ Georgia State University From 1991 to 1993 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Accounting @ University of Alabama From 1985 to 1989 Berney MHA is skilled in: Healthcare Management, Executive Management, Team Leadership, Strategic Planning, Operations Management, Physician Relations, Acquisitions, Acquisition Integration, Contract Negotiation, Business Development, Customer Service, Revenue Cycle Management, EMR, Hospitals, Epic Systems
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension