Senior Back-End Developer @ From November 2014 to Present (8 months) Software Developer @ Core developer on a framework allowing for rapid development of new opportunities for the business. Working within an Agile environment, lead design and development of a SDK using modern PHP components providing generalised interactions with internal company SOAP and RESTful APIs. Involved in
Senior Back-End Developer @ From November 2014 to Present (8 months) Software Developer @ Core developer on a framework allowing for rapid development of new opportunities for the business. Working within an Agile environment, lead design and development of a SDK using modern PHP components providing generalised interactions with internal company SOAP and RESTful APIs. Involved in technical analysis and architecture of the framework throughout the project. Developed generic framework and customer implementation specific Drupal modules. Worked closely with customer teams to ensure smooth deployment of an implementation of the framework.
• Drove code quality through
o The addition of a software engineering platform (Phabricator) to ease code reviews and enforce coding standards.
o The implementation of continuous integration (Jenkins) to provide automated test runs, metrics and API documentation.
• Quickly became the PHP expert within the developers on the team.
• Trained new developers joining the project.
• Managed multiple releases of the product.
• Creating specifications for work to be carried out by other developers. From September 2012 to November 2014 (2 years 3 months) London, United KingdomComputer Technician @ Working as a Computer Technician gave me skills in both computer hardware and software. The hardware side involved the building of computers to a clients requirements, computer repair, upgrades and maintenance as well as network installation with dedicated server and shared data area. Where as the software side involved security configurations against both virus and network intrusion, software installation, upgrades and pre-configuring machines built for clients with the software and operating system they required.
• Setup of a secure firewalled remote login system for a small business client.
• Developed my work ethic from a young age.
• Having repeat customers request my services by name. From 2002 to 2007 (5 years) Website Developer / Computer Technician @ Working as a Computer Technician assisting the school's network manager with the installation of a large quantity of computers into their environment. This also required a software upgrade to their RM (Research Machines) based network. I also installed digital whiteboards when this technology was new and this was one of the first schools to have them.
I later worked as the school's Website Developer, where I designed both the school intranet and website. This involved planning with teachers and producing various templates before implementing a design and then training teachers how to update content on the intranet and website.
Note: The current school website is not my design.
• Successfully solving undocumented problems relating to digital whiteboard drivers.
• Translating non-technical design ideas from teachers into website templates.
• Learning to work in a team and development of a work ethic at a young age.
• Successfully teaching non-technical staff how to use implemented solutions. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension