Bachelor of Science (BSc), Computer Engineering @
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
An accomplished Release engineer with strong experience in Software Configuration Management, Change Management, Build/Release Management, and Application Packaging. Developed and implemented configuration management programs and processes in distributed teams in agile environment for all phases of software life cycle. Experience in continuous integration in large cloud environments. Strong knowledge of current release engineering tools and
An accomplished Release engineer with strong experience in Software Configuration Management, Change Management, Build/Release Management, and Application Packaging. Developed and implemented configuration management programs and processes in distributed teams in agile environment for all phases of software life cycle. Experience in continuous integration in large cloud environments. Strong knowledge of current release engineering tools and processes on Linux and have familiarity with next generation tools that will replace these.
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
M.Sc. in Computer Science
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering Department
Languages: Perl, Php, Shell, Python,
OS: Linux, Unix, Windows
Version Control System: Subversion, GIT
Build and Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, makefile ( mainwin, nmake, gcc, opus make, open make, QT make)
Packaging Tools: Installshield, rpm
Code quality Tools: SonarQube, Fortify, FishEye, Crucible
Configuration Tools: Chef
Senior Release Engineer @ From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Senior Release Engineer @ • Implement and support best practices for release engineering to ensure reproducibility, consistency and agility in java platform.
• Support continuous delivery and build automation as well as support of the tools and systems utilized to provide CI functionality.
• Administer and manage Code static analysis tool, Sonar Qube and Fortify for all web services.
• Configure and Manage Jenkins, Nexus and Maven services for Web Platform team.
• Research and improve methods of production and processes based on industry standards.
• Experience with automated builds, deployments, troubleshooting to multiple QA environment
• Strong knowledge and experience with various source control tools: SVN, GIT
• Support team in different geographically located location From April 2012 to January 2015 (2 years 10 months) Senior Systems Engineer @ -• Manage the configuration in building Cloud web services. Configure and implement release process for any new services.
• Support weekly Cloud web service releases and deployment. Coordinated with development, QA and NOC teams to ensure weekly release cycles in agile development process.
• Implement rpm packaging and rpm deployment in development environment for all Cloud web services.
• Support and Manage Hudson and Maven services for the Cloud Service group which includes upgrade, migration and adding new slaves.
• Support branching, merging, and tagging in Subversion.
• Work in automating deployment process for Cloud web services with mysql and php. From April 2010 to March 2012 (2 years) Staff SCM Engineer @ • Facilitated the configuration in medical device software with Java, ANT, Cruise Control and Hudson.
• Worked in migration of source code from Visual Source Safe to Subversion.
• Implement SOAP with Source Forge to extract information to create various reports. From January 2010 to March 2010 (3 months) Senior Release Engineer @ • Facilitated the configuration, daily builds and deployment of enterprise software, creating continuous integration tools, packing solutions and ensuring that the software release process is automated and maintained (combination of in-house tools, Perl, shell and VB).
• Coordinated with business, development, testing and project management teams to ensure the build and release cycles are continuous for fairly large software product for FPGA and CPLD devices in three platforms(Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Solaris, and Linux), support one major release, one/two service pack releases, and numerous hotfixes per year for each product. It also includes compiler update and infrastructural changes in installation images.
• Defined smoke testing process and procedures. Participated in automation of build and integration testing that improves quality of build and results less customer issue. Researched, co-developed, and delivered procedures to reduce total build time.
• Customized Dimensions to facilitate the development life-cycle and add new product in the system. Extensive administrative experience in SCM tools.
• Implemented packaging of software through Installshield tools. Enhanced software installation to support third-party tools, customer feedback, and marketing requirements for each release. From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Release Engineer @ From 1999 to 2004 (5 years) Software Engineer @ From 1998 to 1999 (1 year)
Master's degree, Computer Science @ Texas A&M UniversityBachelor of Science (BSc), Computer Engineering @ Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology Basma Shahadat is skilled in: SDLC, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Software Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Agile Methodologies, Scripting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension