As a successful sales and marketing professional; engaging business executive, with over twenty five years of B2B experience, I have dedicated my career to achieving positive and honorable business outcomes in a collaborative and sustainable manner. Following a proven, fact-based, customer-centered approach, I actively engage key stakeholders, from customers and colleagues to senior executives to designing; promoting,
As a successful sales and marketing professional; engaging business executive, with over twenty five years of B2B experience, I have dedicated my career to achieving positive and honorable business outcomes in a collaborative and sustainable manner. Following a proven, fact-based, customer-centered approach, I actively engage key stakeholders, from customers and colleagues to senior executives to designing; promoting, and delivering upon, strategic growth initiatives.
Director of Marketing @ As the Director of Marketing for Simkar, I lead the marketing and inside sales teams in enhancing the brand for our organization. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaDirector of Sales and Marketing @ Direct and lead all sales and marketing functions for the Mobern Lighting and Texas Fluorescent Groups. From November 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 8 months) Director of Marketing @ Director of Marketing for the Crescent/Stonco brands at Philips. From April 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 6 months) Director, National Sales @ In my current role, I am responsible for driving the sales & marketing initiatives my $18MM business Unit. The objectives are to deliver positive sales growth; develop and implement strategic marketing programs; develop and implement strategic product growth; develop, lead, and motivate direct sales and lighting agencies sales to further enhance the their development skills, and personal growth opportunities. I also establish, maintain, and grow relationships with specification markets; distribution; contractor; and end-users. From April 2008 to April 2011 (3 years 1 month) Region Sales Manager @ • Delivered on 8th consecutive year 5% or higher growth.
• Finished 2006 as top RSM in division with 107% growth on finish $26M in sales.
• Successfully managed and delivered on sales of $24.8M.
• Delivered double-digit sales growth in 2005.
• Responsible for sales & marketing forecasting and budgeting initiatives for 8 Sales agencies in Northeast.
• Train Rep Agency personnel on new product innovations from Crescent/Stonco Lighting.
• Manage direct sales team on lighting sales; development skills, and personal growth opportunities.
• Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with distribution; contractor; end-users on throughout multiple managerial layers. From February 2005 to April 2008 (3 years 3 months) Region Sales Leader @ From 1997 to 2005 (8 years)
Bachelor's Business Information Systems @ University of Phoenix From 1998 to 2005 Economics @ Grand Valley State University From 1986 to 1988 Barret Gorman is skilled in: Sales Management, Product Development, Account Management, Product Marketing, New Business Development, B2B, Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Budgets, Business Development, Competitive Analysis, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Direct Sales, Forecasting, Human Resources
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension