B Tech @
Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology
I am a development oriented, self motivated, passionate person who seeks challenge in day to day work. I believe work can be fun if you add learning to it. I also believe working together is as fun as working alone, and irrespective of the mode all should get a chance to grow. Being in the web development
I am a development oriented, self motivated, passionate person who seeks challenge in day to day work. I believe work can be fun if you add learning to it. I also believe working together is as fun as working alone, and irrespective of the mode all should get a chance to grow. Being in the web development domain I love exploring new trends in the same field and data management is what I love the most.
» eSupportSuite, Online social games, Digital Media
» Web Development (Front end and Back end)
» HTML/5, HAML, CSS/3, SASS, Mustache
» PHP (FuelPHP), C#, ASP
» Data Management (MSSQL, MySQL, Memcache)
* As part of integration testing tools/frameworks evaluation, did a detailed analysis on the Karma testing tool, and understood the existing unit testing infrastructure.
* Evaluated Content Management System and selected Drupal, for authoring contents and also used it as REST based service API for frontend application.
* Designed and deployed the entire Drupal stack on AWS using S3 and CloudFront for static contents, RDS with Multi AZ master slave deployment and load balanced EC2 instances serving the requests.
* Designed and developed key modules like Featured module, Content Stream module, Episode list module, photo gallery module etc.
* Did SEO optimization i.e. html meta tags, social tags like og tags, twitter tags etc. and checked the page performance against YSlow grades, Google page speed and fixed issues like setting up CDN, minifying inline JS, using sprites etc.
* Implemented featured carousel using YUI ScrollView with options such as auto scroll, scroll in both direction, navigation using preview tiles etc. and also provided configurable options to control these. Implemented content stream module with infinite scroll with filter options. From October 2013 to July 2014 (10 months) Senior Software Engineer @ * I joined Zynga India Games studio and worked on the flagship MafiaWars product as a Senior Developer working on LAMP technology stack.
* Worked with onsite teams and got the ad integration into the product, such as pencil ads, leader-board ads, and interstitial ads etc.
* Did performance analysis for few of the features using proprietary tool zPerfmon and fixed code base in PHP to improve the page load time.
* Created the dev plan and estimates for many projects and also worked on game features such as DailyFix, Octocraft, Partner Mechanic, Return User Experience etc. to increase player engagement and daily active user (DAU) count.
* Developed admin tools for use by community team and product management team for viewing feature data and reviewing user actions in the game.
* Participated in Zynga India hackathon and won second prize for developing a fight based mobile game prototype using Cocos 2d.
* Participated in Zynga India Mobile hackathon and won second prize for developing jobs module in mobile using jQuery mobile and jQuery UI. From August 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 3 months) Bengaluru Area, IndiaSenior SoftwareEngineer @ * Started working as the lead developer for the chat product, LiveAssist, and became the point of contact for product development and maintenance. Took complete ownership of the product and ensured successful implementation of all features with high quality.
* My day to day activity included low/high level design, effort estimation with task break up for the sprint, development of features/modules, unit/integration testing, mentoring the web development team on product and technologies etc.
* Built a cross-domain browser based client side chat plugin in jQuery, and thus extended the support for browsers other than Internet Explorer.
* Learned other products/solutions offered by our company and created integration points with other products such as Knowledge Management.
* Worked on enhancing user experience by working on features such as contextual search based on keyword highlighting within the chat frame, single click push of solutions to end users, incorporated rich media such as images and videos etc.
* Worked with other stake holders such as Services, Support, and Product Management team, and resolved their queries with regards to the product.
* Delivered training sessions on new features of the product for Support and Services team, and technology related stuffs within the engineering team.
* Presented a paper on NoSQL technologies in the company TechEd event, and got appreciation for one of the best presentations.
* Received SPOT award for excellent work in my new role as product lead/owner. From April 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 5 months) Software Engineer @ * Started working on non-functional aspects of the product such as performance and security and fixed many components in the product.
* Fine tuned one of the heavy duty data summarizing and archiving task, and reduced it's execution time to half of the original value.
* Worked on existing performance test cases and co-ordinated with quality assurance team on doing the performance test for the product.
* Fixed security issues like SQL injection, DoS, XSS etc by implementing features such as input validation, output encoding, query parameterization etc.
* Implemented a prototype to use Memcache for the read operations and using database for persistent data storage to increase the number of concurrent users on the system without loading the database server.
* Evaluated various options for key value storage including Memcached, wrote the component for ASP using Python, and implemented basic get, set, and delete operations.
* Took up database as my area of interest, and developed expertise on the same. Successfully completed MCTS & MCITP certification in SQL Server 2008 development.
* Received SPOT award for my work in improving the performance of the product and ensuring successful releases. From June 2010 to April 2011 (11 months) Software Engineer @ * Started working on web application domain, basically an enterprise based chat application, named LiveAssist.
* Fixed support related customer issues in the existing product including timezone related issues, reporting issues, and issues with the core chat routing algorithm.
* Worked on designing and developing a module that allowed users to connect back to the same analyst in the event of unwanted disconnects, with priority queue.
* Introduced both cookie and email based validation for reconnect users, and developed reporting metrics around it to track feature usage data.
* This feature was used heavily by many customers, and ensured in greater customer trust and retention.
* Got certification of appreciation for excellent contribution towards my current job role, for fixing many critical issues for the customers, including the reconnect feature. From April 2008 to June 2010 (2 years 3 months) Application Developer @ * Joined IBM India Pvt Ltd straight out of college and worked on DataWarehousing competency.
* Worked as a shadow resource for a banking project and got exposure to Abinitio.
* Completed AIX Basic operations and Oracle 9i SQL certification exam. From June 2007 to April 2008 (11 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension