Director, Functional Head (Business Intelligence - Sales MI Technology) @ Royal Bank of Scotland
Global Head & Transformation Leader, Data Services/ Head Business Outcome Analytics on Cloud @ HSBC
BRIDGE 2.0, Copenhagen Denmark - Executive Strategy Programme @
IMD Business School
Arun Mehta is an experienced and certified Enterprise Information Management and Business Intelligence Senior Executive with ~18 Years of rich international experience (Denmark/ USA/ UK/ India/ Singapore) in charting, heading, delivering and architecting complex Big Data, Data Analytic, Data Governance, Business Intelligence, MDM, CRM and Data Warehousing initiatives in the complex Data intensive domains like Shipping &
Arun Mehta is an experienced and certified Enterprise Information Management and Business Intelligence Senior Executive with ~18 Years of rich international experience (Denmark/ USA/ UK/ India/ Singapore) in charting, heading, delivering and architecting complex Big Data, Data Analytic, Data Governance, Business Intelligence, MDM, CRM and Data Warehousing initiatives in the complex Data intensive domains like Shipping & Logistics, Financial and Telecom domains.
He is a technical thought leader on BI, Data Analytic and Big Data topics. He is a renowned and frequent industry speaker on the associated topics in the global forums conducted across South East Asia region (Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong). He possesses a unique blend of financial business and the business intelligence technical domain experience.
He is a certified Prince2 practitioner, Six Sigma Green Belt, certified member of GARP, certified professional on various Microsoft, Oracle, Java, Teradata, and Informatica tools & technologies. He is MBA Finance, Masters in Computer Applications and certified Advance Financial Risk Manager from IIM Bangalore.
Pioneer in collaborating senior business stakeholder in deriving the business case, ROI analysis and generating pragmatic business offerings by exhibiting thought leadership in the BI domain and Data Management Topics (Data Governance, Reporting Strategy, Data Architecture)
His specialism is in defining and executing the Global Delivery Operating Model, setting up offshore captives, BI/ Data Analytic COE and Vendor Management.
Specialties: Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing Architecture, Programme Management, Financial Risk Management, BASEL -2, Regulatory Reporting, Informatica, Ab Initio, BO, MS-BI, Retail and corporate Banking, Insurance, Private Banking, Investment Banking, CRM, MDM, CDI, OLAP, Data Analytic, Data Governance, Data Strategy, Data Architecture, BI COE and Big Data.
Global Head & Director, Master Data Management & Governance (Business Change Management) @ Currently associated with Maersk Line (The fortune 200 company and the biggest shipping line of the world) and globally heading the Master Data Management & Data Governance business transformation initiative to build the Data Governance Framework, Data Management COE, Customer Master data repository & Optimal Data process framework.This aims to bring in the operational efficiencies and would act as the foundation of strategic digital transformation for simplified and enriched customer experience. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) APAC Head of Data Analytics, Strategy & Reporting (Private Banking IT) @ Owning and leading the APAC Private Banking Data Stream and PB Data Services Platform.
* Owner of Data Strategy, leading Data Governance initiative, framing Data Governance guidelines and standards in order to contribute into Architectural Simplification, Improve Time to Market and Optimize platform TCO
* Leading Regulatory Reporting Strategy, Execution & Data Architecture
* Owner of driving Data driven Analytic use cases, Data Science Engagements, BI offerings and business IT contact for framing and leading Big Data Business Use Cases (Dynamic Client Profiling, Segmentation, Portfolio & Investment Insight)
* Lead and defined the APAC Enterprise Content Management platform EOL strategy and execution to optimize the TCO by 40%
* In the past roles also lead the IT Software Engineering and Development group in the Private Banking BI and International Data Warehousing domain. Associated technology platforms in the portfolio were related to BI & DWH applications for Global Performance Reporting (GPR), Client Reporting Portals (CR), Sales Management and Regulatory Reporting Portals for Asia Pac Regulators (HKMA / MAS)
* Developing the BI/ DWH skill base, devising efficient Global Operating Model, Optimizing Global Team Structure and processes within Software Engineering (Development and Architecture) to improve the delivery efficiency and capability to deliver Risk, Finance & Credit portfolio. Driving the business agenda by improving the knowledge base of team on the Financial and Private Banking Products, Process, Risk Metrics (Credit/ Market and Operational) and KPIs for MI and BI offerings. From September 2011 to May 2015 (3 years 9 months) Director, Functional Head (Business Intelligence - Sales MI Technology) @ * Lead the Sales MI technology delivery unit in India and manage the business offerings, solution delivery, associated architectural roadmap and DWH/ BI strategy.
* Lead the innovations in BI Technology related to Investment banking domain
* Built the domain/ technology capability, developed and nurtured the off-shore BI technology program teams
* Worked as a Senior Business Intelligence Manager with Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS) in the Retail and Corporate Banking domain.
* Defined and delivered the CDI/ MDM landscape for Insurance division of RBS and delivered the Single Customer View of Insurance clients
* Defined the architecture and lead the delivery for FSA- Reporting and BASEL2 (Country Risk) integrated reporting portals
* Lead the DWH/ BI capability and capacity building initiatives in the RBS Technology Services - Group Function. Built a team of 100 around BI/ DWH designers, developers and managers form the scratch From December 2005 to September 2011 (5 years 10 months) London, United KingdomSenior Consultant @ Managed the delivery and provided technical leadership in migrating Fixed Income - Broker Quotes Repository ETL platform from Ab Initio to Informatica platform for a leading Investment Banking client in USA (Morgan Stanley). From March 2005 to December 2005 (10 months) Noida Area, IndiaTechnical Lead (Business Intelligence) @ Setup and globally managed the BI/ ETL (Ab Initio) ETL L3 support team for one of the largest credit card company in VA USA (CapitalOne). From July 2003 to March 2005 (1 year 9 months) Richmond, Virginia AreaAssociate Technology @ Technical consultancy provided to Financial and Telecom Fortune 100 clients in the EAI/ RRP (Regulatory Reporting Portals)/ Data Warehousing domain - (Franklin Templeton, Verizon) From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) Sr. Systems Executive @ Comprehensive consulting and technical knowledge delivery on n-tier technologies (Java/ ASP/ VB). From January 1998 to April 2001 (3 years 4 months) New Delhi Area, India
BRIDGE 2.0, Copenhagen Denmark - Executive Strategy Programme, Strategy & Digital Transformation @ IMD Business School From 2015 to 2015 IIMB - AFRM (Advance Financial Risk Management), Financial Risk Management @ Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore From 2012 to 2013 International Certification in Banking Risk and Regulations (ICBRR), Foundation of Banking Risk (FBR), Financial Risk Management, BASEL -II Accord @ GARP - USA From 2011 to 2012 MCA, Masters in Computer Applications @ Department of Electronics, DelhiMBA, Finance @ Symbiosis institute of Management Studies Arun Mehta is skilled in: Investment Banking, Business Intelligence, Informatica, Program Management, Master Data Management, Business Objects, CRM, Data Warehouse Architecture, Insurance, Private Banking, Financial Risk Management, Data Warehousing, Software Project Management, Vendor Management, Global Delivery