Business Technology Renewal & Remanufacturing Operations SAP Development Manager @ Ford Motor Company
Business Intelligence Services Center of Excellence @ Ford Motor Company
Digital Marketing Platform and B2C Program Solution Architect @ Ford Motor Company
BS, Computer Science @
Brigham Young University
Technology strategist with broad industry and enterprise solutions expertise. Talented leader skilled in directing cross-functional teams that promote breakthrough organizational performance through technology. Interested in ensuring that businesses and individuals get the most out of the rapidly evolving technology space, developing team-based progressive solutions to complex issues, and facilitating consensus on solutions for stakeholders resulting in quality
Technology strategist with broad industry and enterprise solutions expertise. Talented leader skilled in directing cross-functional teams that promote breakthrough organizational performance through technology. Interested in ensuring that businesses and individuals get the most out of the rapidly evolving technology space, developing team-based progressive solutions to complex issues, and facilitating consensus on solutions for stakeholders resulting in quality results.
Team Management, Content Management, Digital Asset Management, Software Development
IT Architecture, CRM, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence
B2C Digital Marketing, Search, Social Media, Mobile
Business Technology Renewal & Remanufacturing Operations SAP Development Manager @ Ford Customer Service Division - Parts Supply & Logistics
• SAP ABAP/FRICEW development manager
• SAP Business Intelligence/Tableau development manager manager
• SAP Quality Issue Management Implementation Manager
• Remanufacturing Application Implementation Manager (developed on SAP) supports core recover from and payment to dealers From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Business Intelligence Services Center of Excellence @ The Ford Reporting Services Center of Excellence is responsible for establishing standards & frameworks, sharing knowledge & training stakeholders, consulting to project teams and business functions, and research emerging emerging trends, in order to extend and mature the WebFOCUS, Business Objects and Tableau service offerings. WebFOCUS and Tableau Design Center of Excellence delivery lead responsible for definition and implementation of BI roadmaps. Lead BI capability analysis. Developed common reusable frameworks for BI development community and evangelized BI adoption throughout the enterprise.
IT Roadmap – Responsible for authoring and implementing Security, Mobile, Data Discovery, and Version Control & Automated Build BI Roadmaps. As a result of operationalizing Mobile BI, the WebFOCUS Design Center of Excellence was awarded the Information Builders Customer Award of Distinction for Best Mobile BI Implementation.
BI Capability Assessment – Conducted Data Discovery study, assessed current state capabilities, compared solutions & platforms, identified opportunities, created solution blueprints (governance, architecture, communication), and the target state roadmap.
Technology Plan for Data Discovery - Conducted current state assessment and created solution offering architecture around Tableau.
Technology Plan for Mobile BI - Conducted current state assessment, created solution offering architecture, a future state definition, and laid out a multi-year Mobile BI feature roadmap. From June 2011 to Present (4 years 5 months) Dearborn, MIDigital Marketing Platform and B2C Program Solution Architect @ The Digital Marketing Platform and B2C Program aims to deliver a best in class engaging and uniform customer experience, a new architecture for application delivery, and a leading technology platform. The B2C Program spans accross many web properties (Ford, Lincoln, corporate, owner, parts, social, racing, mobile, Spanish, Quick Lane, etc.) and many core technologies (Endeca Search, FatWire Content Managment, North Plains TeleScope Digital Asset Management, Omniture Web Analytics, Mobile, Social Media, SaaS, RESTful architecture, Cloud Computing, etc.).
• Led B2C projects through Ford Architecture Governance processes. Architected solutions with HA/DR and B2C requirements.
• Advised and lead technical implementations of Content Management, B2C Search, Digital Asset Management, Mobile, Embedded Social Media technologies, and Emerging Technologies within the Digital Marketing space. From June 2008 to June 2011 (3 years 1 month) Delivery & Technical Data Integration Lead @ Consumer Knowledge Services Analytical Teradata data warehouse is the source for complete consumer data to Ford Marketing, CRM analysis / reporting, and marketing campaigns to target the different consumer groups.
• Led implementation of $1.5 MM Data Integration (ETL) project (Mainframe-based to DataStage). Led group of 11 NA tech resources and 7 India offshore developers. Defined project deliverables around Product, People, and Process From January 2007 to July 2008 (1 year 7 months) Consumer Systems Solutions Architect @ Key technical resource responsible for understanding business requirements and objectives, the Solution Architect is responsible for defining technical architecture based solutions for application development projects that align to Ford Motor Company’s Patterns and Standards.
• Lead Solution Architect of $2.2 million project to replace outdated marketing automation solution with Unica's Enterprise Marketing Management and Unica Marketing Resource Management solutions. Led technical analysis of best-of-breed solutions by SAS, Teradata, and Unica technology vendors.
• Project Manager and Lead Solution Architect of SAS Analytic Consumer Scoring application migration project
• Project Manager and Solution Architect of architecture study to outline a future Architecture for Customer Knowledge Services, Ford’s customer data integration point for customers, dealers, and Customer Relationship Centers. The Architecture study served as foundation to the eventual implementation of the IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management solution. From May 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 9 months) Ford College Graduate Program @ The Ford College Graduate Program is a developmental and rotational program. The program’s objective is to strengthen the FCG's business acumen and technical skills through rapid exposure to varied business activities. The several rotational assignments offered also allow the FCG to gain an understanding of Ford culture through exposure to multiple areas within the skill team. Rotations included:
• Portfolio Manager (Canda/Mexico/South America Business IT)
-Regionally launched IT Management System contributing to the management of the Canada, Mexico, & South American IT portfolio of applications, projects/programs and services including cycle planning, prioritization, portfolio monitoring, portfolio funding, and governance.
• Business Analyst/Project Manager (Office of the General Council/Management Systems)
-Led OGC Knowledge Management initiative as business analyst throughout Analysis and Design delivery stages and applied the Zachman Framework in order to derive the project’s Scope, Enterprise Model, and System Model.
• J2EE Framework Developer (Java Center of Excellence)
-Lead developer over the View and Controller portions of the DynamicProperty Framework using Apache Struts.
• Software Developer/System Analyst (Customer Knowledge Services)
-J2EE developer, Siebel CRM integrator, & Web Portal developer From April 2003 to April 2005 (2 years 1 month) Business Intelligence Intern @ Enhanced and maintained financial reports system. From January 2003 to April 2003 (4 months) Provo, Utah AreaJ2EE Software Engineer @ Developed and engineered J2EE intranet volunteer scheduler system. From September 2001 to September 2002 (1 year 1 month) Provo, Utah AreaQuality Assurance Intern, DCAC/MRM @ Developed regression test plans and scripts for Boeing’s lean manufacturing, asset utilization, and quality management system migration from legacy systems. From April 2001 to August 2001 (5 months) Web/Adobe Flash Developer, BYU Center for Instructional Design @ Developed BYU online courseware as a Web and Adobe Flash Action Script developer. From September 2000 to April 2001 (8 months) Provo, Utah Area
MS, Information Systems @ University of Michigan-Dearborn From 2005 to 2007 BS, Computer Science @ Brigham Young University From 1997 to 2003 Juarez Stake Academy From 1990 to 1997 Arturo Ordaz is skilled in: Enterprise Resource..., Supply Chain Management, Business Intelligence, IT Strategy, Agile Methodologies, Enterprise Architecture, Integration, Data Warehousing, CRM, Enterprise Software, Technical Architecture, Digital Marketing, Mobile Devices, Leadership, Social Media, Analytics, Project Management, Strategy, IT Management, Business Process, Management, Data Integration, Security, WebFOCUS, Governance, SOA, SaaS, ETL, Java Enterprise Edition, Solution Architecture, Software Project..., Vendor Management, Architecture, QlikView, SDLC, Requirements Analysis, Self-Service Business..., Mobile Business..., Microsoft BI Suite, Tableau, ERP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension