Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science @
Illinois State University
Senior IT Professional — A versatile IT professional with wide-ranging experience and a proven track record in cyber / information security, IT infrastructure engineering, project management, consulting, network engineering, network operations, and leadership. Led complex projects at large multinational organizations by applying innovative and effective project management techniques across global teams. Skilled at using IT frameworks, including
Senior IT Professional — A versatile IT professional with wide-ranging experience and a proven track record in cyber / information security, IT infrastructure engineering, project management, consulting, network engineering, network operations, and leadership. Led complex projects at large multinational organizations by applying innovative and effective project management techniques across global teams. Skilled at using IT frameworks, including ITIL, NIST and COBIT, to achieve process improvement and to address complex technical and compliance issues, with an eye for the business impact. Master of Science degree in Data and Telecommunications. CISSP, CISM, PRINCE2, ITILv3 Foundation certified.
IT Management, Project & Service Delivery @ • Project manage global data center migration.
• Provide both technical & management support to both internal and external customers.
• Initiated global projects & planning with customers in security & network design.
• Prioritized security functions against the latest Advanced Targeted Threats using Critical Security Controls (CSC).
• Completed project delivery and service management including WAN and DC migration.
• Established and managed cost, schedules, and performance of large, highly complex project.
• Developed, maintained, and communicated project plans and schedules, prioritize requirements.
• Managed escalations, incidents, and problem management.
• Conducted project reviews, internal IT audit, and risk assessments.
• Advised senior managers on the potential risks of a project.
• Led large-scale consolidation of servers and Data Center migration across geographical location. From 2008 to 2015 (7 years) IT Services, Network Management @ • Managed Shell global network operations and managed services.
• Collaborated with customers and ensured network connectivity with agreed SLA.
• Responsible for shift rotation to provide 24/7 operational support.
• Responsible for management of global network and security infrastructure covering all network
• Managed routers, switches, firewalls, Checkpoint,, F5, Websense, Bluecoat, Citrix, and Nortel IPT.
• Ensured existing and newly defined processes, policies, and procedures are rigorously followed by the support team.
• Reviewed and resolved issues affecting Company compliance, legal requirements.
• Directed and managed the daily operations with effectively managing problem escalation, interface with customers and lead the problem resolution team with report and communicate to customers.
• Carried out internal IT audits and risk assessments to minimize exposure to IT security risk.
• Researched vulnerability and causes of security breaches, recommended, and implemented changes to information assurance procedures to protect data from future violations. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Security Engineer @ • Deliver IT security management services to the company network.
• Designed firewall security solutions.
• Implemented Perimeter Security and Firewall engineering.
• Network security design, control, and configurations in LAN/WAN protocols.
• Responsible for Security of Network Device Access.
• Configured SNMP, TCP/IP, DNS, EIGRP, OSPF, IPSEC, TLS/SSL
• Migrated Cisco routers and switches, provided high-level architecture design of routing protocols.
• Managed F5, Content Engine, Firewall(Check Point), VPN(Nortel and Cisco), Websense, and Blue Coat.
• Classified, evaluated, and monitored company’s risk affecting corporate IT network infrastructure.
• Conducted risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks and protection. From 2002 to 2006 (4 years) Greater Chicago AreaNetwork Engineer @ • Provide procedure and training to customers after the installation. From 1998 to 2002 (4 years) Network Engineer @ • Consulted with clients in a fast pace environment to deliver computing solution (Windows, VPN, TCP/IP) to overcome technical challenges and provided solutions using expertise in IT internetworking and operating systems administration with strong focus in customer satisfactions. From 1995 to 1998 (3 years) Network Administrator @ • Managed and supported company network across Evanston. Implemented and supported VPN remote users. From 1994 to 1995 (1 year) Network Technician @ • Implemented and supported new IT solutions with focus on increasing workers’ productivity. From 1993 to 1994 (1 year) Bloomington/Normal, Illinois Area
Master’s Degree, Data and Telecommunication @ DePaul University From 1994 to 1997 Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science @ Illinois State University From 1990 to 1994 High School @ Niles North @ Skokie
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension