Health, Safety, Security and Environment Manager @ Addax Petroleum
Independent HSE and Risk Consultant @ Independent HSE and Risk Consultant
Bachelor’s Degree, Environmental Science @
I am a qualified senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager with over 25 years of international operations and project exposure in the oil and gas industry. I have extensive experience of working on oil and gas assets throughout all phases of the lifecycle from acquisition to decommissioning. The majority of my career has been spent identifying and
I am a qualified senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager with over 25 years of international operations and project exposure in the oil and gas industry. I have extensive experience of working on oil and gas assets throughout all phases of the lifecycle from acquisition to decommissioning. The majority of my career has been spent identifying and mitigating risks associated with environmental, safety, security and community issues. This has entailed working closely with both operations teams and senior management to ensure that effective processes are developed, implemented and maintained.
I have 15 years’ experience of managing risk and insurance issues within the oil and gas industry and for the past 5 years I have been leading the wider business risk management function within Afren, reviewing and evaluating the risks to delivery of the business strategy. I am also responsible for maintaining Afren’s corporate and energy insurance programmes and am familiar with all aspects of the energy insurance market.
Independent HSE and Risk Consultant @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) London, United KingdomHead of EHSS and Risk Management @ • Successfully designed and implemented the EHSS (and Security) framework for Afren plc, which has been applied to all assets in Africa and the Middle East (Kurdistan). This entailed the roll out of the system, training of personnel, and engagement with contractors, monitoring of performance and auditing, both internal and independent. This culminated in the Cote D’Ivoire operations being awarded the British Safety Council Sword of Honour for outstanding safety performance in 2012.
• Responsible for developing and implementing the Corporate Wide EHSS and business risk management systems including the management of the corporate and energy insurance programmes.
• Led audit processes to provide assurance to both Board and senior management that business risks including EHSS risks are being effectively managed throughout Afren’s African and Middle Eastern operations.
• Developed and implemented the Afren Corporate Responsibility strategy following dialogue with key external stakeholders (investors, banks and NGOs) on critical industry issues, such as climate change and business conduct.
• Extensive experience of working in both West Africa (Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire, Nigeria, Cameroon) and East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Madagascar). In each instance, interfacing with the requisite government bodies to assure compliance with local EHSS regulation.
• Responsible for EHSS matters during the development of Afren’s first producing FPSO in the Okoro field, Nigeria, including development of the safety case. Overall responsibility for EHSS matters on the subsequent development of the Ebok field.
• Responsible for recruitment and development of local EHSS personnel to support operating assets and promote local content.
• Working closely with Supply Chain on the evaluation, selection and monitoring of contractors to foster effective high levels of EHSS performance. From October 2006 to July 2015 (8 years 10 months) London, United KingdomSafety, Environment and Social Responsibility Manager @ • Leading the SESR function for the UK offshore oil exploration and production business, in particular in support of the Buzzard Project in the North Sea. Providing the interface between operations and the project team to ensure the effective handover of the project.
• Part of the acquisition and transition team for the Scott/Telford deal, ensuring appropriate due-diligence and transfer of operatorship from Amerada Hess to Nexen. From 2002 to 2006 (4 years) London, United KingdomHSES Manager, International @ • 10 years spent with a leading UK independent oil and gas operator in various positions throughout the business, both in corporate roles and based in the business units.
• Responsible for delivering environment health and safety support to operating assets and project teams across LASMO’s international operations. Major projects included the not-normally-manned gas platform, ST-1 in the North Sea, the Staffa sub-sea project in the North Sea, Kadanwari and Bhit gas field developments in Pakistan and the Cohasset and Panuke offshore Nova Scotia development.
• 1997 - 1998 Non-Operated JV Asset Manager for three of LASMO’s North Sea producing assets; Andrew, McCulloch and Hutton. LASMO representative on all Operating and Technical Committees, responsible for monitoring the operator business plans and ensuring delivery against agreed targets.
• Development, implementation and promotion of an integrated, risk-based, health, safety, environmental and security (HSES) management system for LASMO's extensive worldwide oil exploration and production activities; these included UK, Dutch and Norwegian North Sea, Faeroes, Italy, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Australia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Pakistan, Yemen, Iran, Turkmenistan, Former Soviet Union, Colombia, Venezuela, Falklands (chaired the FOSA environmental workgroup), USA, and Nova Scotia.
• 1993 - 1995 Based in the Netherlands. Management of LASMO Netherlands health, safety and environmental (and security) programme for the Markham gas field straddling the median line between the UK and the Netherlands. Responsible for managing the integration of a new un-manned platform (ST-1) into the safe operations of the field, including, project safety engineering, SIMOPs, development and approval of the safety case and interface with Dutch and UK regulators.
• Involved in merger and acquisition activities including due diligence assessments of assets, eg for the Ultramar acquisition. From 1991 to 2001 (10 years) Power Station Planning Engineer @ • Involved in all aspects of new power station planning, including civil works, cooling water studies, social and environmental impact assessments and planning permission and other permits. Experience of nuclear, coal, gas and renewable generation technologies. From 1986 to 1991 (5 years)
Master’s Degree, Engineering Geology @ Durham University From 1984 to 1985 Bachelor’s Degree, Environmental Science, 2:1 @ Lancaster University From 1981 to 1984 National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health @ National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and HealthDiploma in Management Studies, Diploma in Management Studies @ University of Westminster Andrew Olleveant is skilled in: Oil & Gas Industry, Gas, Risk Management, Petroleum, Health and Safety Management, Environmental Management, Insurance, Crisis Management, Security Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Auditing, Seismic operations, Drilling operations, Production operations, Decommissioning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension