Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of experience in a wide range of aspects of engineering from design to testing. Strong problem solving skills combined with confidence in mechanical engineering fundamentals and the passion for product development at all levels creates the ability to generate a functional result from an idea. Strives on difficult challenges and ability to
Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of experience in a wide range of aspects of engineering from design to testing. Strong problem solving skills combined with confidence in mechanical engineering fundamentals and the passion for product development at all levels creates the ability to generate a functional result from an idea. Strives on difficult challenges and ability to multi-task. Always has the desire to expand skills and knowledge of the mechanical design and project planning of systems and products.
Mechanical Engineer @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Project Leader @ - Planed and organized project objectives based on surgeon inputs for all 6 PEEK interbody fusion devices.
- Managed inter-state surgeon accounts (TX, CO, FL) and received inputs by supporting over 75 surgeries.
- Grew 2 surgeon accounts to a sustainable $1MM+ of annual revenue.
- Trained existing and prospective surgeons on new instruments and procedures in a cadaver-lab setting.
- Collaborated with QA/RA to release 15+ system extensions in accordance to FDA regulations via Design Reviews.
- Review and approve technical drawings, tolerance analyses, and ECOs for accuracy, DFM/DFA, and GD&T.
- Proposed and led effort to release Ti-coated PEEK implants through ASTM testing and 510(k) approval. From June 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 3 months) Mechanical Engineer @ - Designed next generation S-LIFT PEEK interbody by collaborating with surgeons and industrial designers.
- Redesigned S-LIFT lateral inserter to allow use with an expanded line of implants to increase system revenue by 50%.
- Identified need for and led redesign of flagship lateral retractor and accessory instrumentation.
- Designed and tested concept instruments and implants in simulated surgical setting using cadavers before production.
- Wrote and performed Verification and Validation tests to release instrumentation approved for surgical use. From June 2011 to August 2014 (3 years 3 months) Resident Assistant @ - Monitor the safety of college freshmen and upperclassmen dormitories and enforce University Policy. Address issues within the community of residents and resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Work with teams of RAs to develop and facilitate programs and events to enrich students’ education and living communities. From August 2007 to May 2011 (3 years 10 months) Mechanical Design Engineer Co-Op @ - Assisted in design of commercial and military methanol-based fuel cell generator systems.
- Designed various custom silicone injected parts and prototype molds including air flow transitions and electrical connection covers. Redesigned custom manifold blocks for increased reliability and functionality.
- Designed and built prototype concept DeWALT battery connector and methanol cartridge refueling station.
- Created mechanical drawings for creation of parts machining, powder coating, injection molding, and membrane switches.
- Oversaw manufacturing of fuel processor subsystem. Created and managed engineering masters and bill of materials. From January 2010 to July 2010 (7 months) Mechanical Engineering Co-Op @ - Assisted on military-funded RPG Defeat rocket propelled grenade counter-measure program. Assembled test rounds for different configurations to find the most effective solution.
- Worked on DHS funded SAFE (Secure Against Fire and Embers) Quick Cover project. Designed and tested different setups to find optimal folding pattern and launch mechanism combination for quickest release. From January 2009 to June 2009 (6 months) Mechanical Test Engineering Co-Op @ - Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of fuel cell subsystem.
- Responsible for balance of plant research, testing, and data collection and analysis of data and failure. Built numerous unattended life test stations for balance of plant components (incl. Igniters, Fuel Pumps, Solenoid Valves, etc).
- Contributed to fuel processor subsystems redesign as a result of balance of plant testing and results. From January 2008 to August 2008 (8 months)
Bachelor's of Science, Mechanical Engineering @ Northeastern University From 2006 to 2011 Andrew Gawlak is skilled in: Engineering, Solidworks, Product Development, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Devices, Manufacturing, Product Management, Pro Engineer, Design for Manufacturing, PDM, Mechanical Product Design, DFM, DFMEA, Input Management, Resource Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension