Prior to co-founding CirrusMD in 2012, Andrew spent ten years as a financial services professional in investment banking and capital markets. His track record of advising early-stage and high-growth technology companies gives him the market knowledge and experience necessary to lead in the execution of our team’s vision. Most recently, Andrew was a Vice President with Q
Prior to co-founding CirrusMD in 2012, Andrew spent ten years as a financial services professional in investment banking and capital markets. His track record of advising early-stage and high-growth technology companies gives him the market knowledge and experience necessary to lead in the execution of our team’s vision. Most recently, Andrew was a Vice President with Q Advisors, a technology and telecom focused boutique investment bank, where he executed mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, and strategic/management consulting assignments for clients across a variety of technology verticals. Previously, Andrew was with Citigroup Investment Banking in the Private Equity Group, where he assisted in raising capital both for early-stage and growth companies and for private equity funds. He started his career in New York with Goldman Sachs. Andrew received a bachelor’s degree in Finance with honors from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and also spent three years in the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Co-Founder & CEO @ CirrusMD develops “closed loop” virtual care solutions for value-based healthcare organizations. We allow everyone to access convenient, timely medical care with local physicians in the same way that doctors address concerns for their friends and family – through text messaging, phone and video chat. Our HIPAA-compliant platform allows providers to offer secure text, image sharing and video visits to patients via mobile devices and web browsers.
Why We Are Different:
• Experts in Value-Based Care: we focus on value-based care models, not the legacy fee-for-service/pay-per-use structure prevalent in virtual care.
• Closed Loop: we take a “closed loop” approach to data where the local doctors staffing our service have access to the patient’s data and then funnel data from our platform back to the patient’s PCP or care manager.
• Truly Effective Virtual Care: we enable episodes of care that can take place over several days or weeks with doctors managing a patient’s care (versus a one-off interaction with no opportunity for further engagement/follow up).
• Asynchronous Care: we offer a text-first, asynchronous workflow; more than 80% of encounters start with texting between a patient and doctor. Our platform also enables video chat, image transfer and phone conversations when additional information is needed.
• Local Doctors: we partner with cohesive groups of local doctors to staff our implementations; they staff the service on a shift basis with reciprocity and common medical direction for seamless care continuity.
We are engaged in business development opportunities with major health systems, insurance companies, MCOs, ACOs, government payer programs, and corporate health and wellness plans. From May 2012 to Present (3 years 8 months) Vice President, Investment Banking @ Technology Investment Banking From July 2007 to May 2012 (4 years 11 months) Senior Analyst, Investment Banking @ Private Equity Group From May 2004 to June 2007 (3 years 2 months) Analyst @ Credit Derivatives From 2002 to 2004 (2 years)
Finance @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign From 2000 to 2002 Mechanical Engineering @ University of Colorado Boulder From 1997 to 2000 Andrew Altorfer is skilled in: Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corporate Development, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Startup Consulting, Software Industry, Social Media, Social Commerce, E-commerce, Payments, Mobile Technology, Internet, Digital Media, Online Gaming
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension