CEO @ Valio Competitive Intelligence Ibero-America
COO @ Umoe BioEnergy
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @
FGV - Fundação Getulio Vargas
MBA from FGV, Agronomist Engineer Specialist in Management and Technology from ESALQ / USP. Large experience of in sugarcane business management (18 years) and in agribusiness consultancy. Served as Director of Operations in Umoe Bioenergy and as Agricultural Director in Abengoa Bioenergy achieving significant gains in operational performance, reducing costs, huge advances in safety and standardization of
MBA from FGV, Agronomist Engineer Specialist in Management and Technology from ESALQ / USP. Large experience of in sugarcane business management (18 years) and in agribusiness consultancy. Served as Director of Operations in Umoe Bioenergy and as Agricultural Director in Abengoa Bioenergy achieving significant gains in operational performance, reducing costs, huge advances in safety and standardization of processes. Managed budgets of nearly 200MUSD and commanded up to 4K employees between agricultural and industrial operations with strong leadership and focus on results. Responsible for startup greenfield projects and also collaborated and led projects for the expansion of plants already operating successfully.
Specialties: Ethanol, Sugar, Electricity Generation, Biomass Production, Biofuels, Business Strategy, Supply Chain Management. Strategic Planning, Efficient Production and Cost Management. Industrial Projects, Engineering Projects. Research & Development & Innovation. Quality Management, Environmental Management and Labor Safety and Health. Human Resources. Staffing and Recruiting. Brazilian market. Sustainability projects. Corporative Governance. Multicultural experience, Industrial processes, Production planning, renewable energy, food production.
Member of Board of Directors @ - Agribusiness management;
- Strategic counseling;
- Soft commodities SD modeling;
- Development of integrated supply chain management;
- Process management focused in high results;
- Market intelligence focused in agricultural crops (sugarcane, grains; citrus and coffee).
The range of management tools contained in Valio's portfolio for their projects are many different ranging from the use of high technology, such as remote sensing by satellites and robotics applied to precision agriculture as also more traditional models and recommendations in the search for cost reduction, prevention of losses and agricultural advisement. From February 2012 to Present (3 years 11 months) São Paulo Area, BrazilProfessor @ Teaching about Process Management (SCM), Operations Planning, Cost Analysis and Budget Planning. From August 2008 to May 2014 (5 years 10 months) Operations Director @ Complete management of agricultural productive process (planting and treating (implanting biological assets and its maintenance), harvesting and delivering to the mill, including automotive maintenance of whole own fleet. Industrial management including installation of important upgrades (anhydrous ethanol facility and complete cogeneration system) and executive level leadership of factory operations. From March 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 6 months) Presidente Prudente Area, BrazilExecutive Director @ Weekly Reports for citrus and sugarcane businesses (Climate Impacts, Global Supply & Demand, Renewable Energy Forecasts, Crop Survey and Market Intelligence). Consulting for commodities trading companies.
Development of integrated supply chain management. Strategic Planning Consulting.
Process management focussed in high results. Development of marketing plans for citrus growers (with annual revenues exceeding US$500K). Advice for large companies of this sector, with gross revenues exceeding annual US$300M.
Construction of networking with over 4800 business contacts. From August 2004 to February 2012 (7 years 7 months) São Paulo Area, BrazilAgri-Industrial Organization Director @ Management of six important divisions of the company:
1) Industrial Engineering
2) Logistics and Material Management
3) Agri-Industrial Planning
4) Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Management (QEHS)
5) Research & Development + Innovation (R&D+I)
6) Information Technology (IT) - Applications Management From January 2011 to December 2011 (1 year) Agricultural Director @ Complete management of agricultural productive process (planting and treating (implanting biological assets and its maintenance), harvesting and delivering to four plants based on a shared resources logistic model, including automotive maintenance of whole own fleet. Management of a plant with capacity of 400K bags of grain seed used to process soybeans produced in renovation sugarcane areas or in contracted suppliers. Management of 2 fluid fertilizers facilities. Complete management of Irrigation Director Plan, Executive Project of Irrigation and their commissioning in the São João mill. From July 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 7 months) Pirassununga Area, BrazilCompetitive Intelligence Advisor @ Main responsibilities:
- Strategic support to board decisions with a focus on competitive intelligence and excellence of KPI;
- Strategic planning support (Capex analysis and definitions, production mix, raw material origination);
- New projects studies (greenfield, innovation, upgrades, M&A opportunities);
- Crop estimates and survey;
- Tactical harvest planning;
- Internal and external benchmarking of agri-industrial processes. From November 2004 to July 2008 (3 years 9 months) Catanduva Area, BrazilMarket Intelligence Coordinator @ Support for the strategy of fruit procurement.
Compilation and analysis of management reporting, coordination of team for information gathering and data mining.
Geomarketing development, GIS implantation, datawarehouse building, business intelligence and competitive intelligence reports.
Evaluation of new agricultural technologies. Development of logistical planning for the fruit supply and studies on optimization models. From January 2003 to December 2004 (2 years) Agricultural Management & Agri-Industrial Planning and Control @ Sugarcane and Orange Fruit production. Agri-Industrial Planning. Agricultural and Automotive Opex Management. From October 2000 to February 2003 (2 years 5 months) São Carlos Area, BrazilAgricultural Engineer @ Agricultural Service Providers Management, Agricultural Planning and Control. Agricultural KPI monitoring. Project development for sugarcane expansion. Implementation of new agricultural technologies (Drip Irrigation and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)). From January 2000 to October 2000 (10 months) Iturama Area, BrazilAgricultural Control @ Technical analysis for investments. Modeling for Planning. Crop Survey. Opex controlling. From January 1999 to January 2000 (1 year 1 month) Campinas Area, Brazil
Master Candidate, Professional Master in Agribusiness @ EESP-FGV From 2012 to 2013 MBA, Administration, MBA @ Fundação Getulio Vargas From 2001 to 2003 Specialist, Management and technology applied to sugarcane business @ Universidade de São Paulo From 2001 to 2003 Specialist, Agricultural and Technology Management @ UniUdop From 2000 to 2003 Graduation, Economics @ Universidade Estadual Paulista Júlio de Mesquita Filho From 2002 to 2002 Specialist, Mechanical Engineering, Postgraduation @ Universidade Estadual de Campinas From 2001 to 2001 Engineer, Agricultural Engineering, Engineering @ Escola Superior de Agricultura "Luiz de Queiroz" From 1995 to 1999 BS, Live Sciences @ Universidade Estadual de Campinas From 1992 to 1994 High School, High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates @ Colégio Notre Dame de Campinas From 1989 to 1991 Fundamental studies, Basic Education @ Sinharinha Camarinha From 1981 to 1988 Andre Valio is skilled in: Biofuels, Business Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Renewable Energy, Biomass, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Strategy, Project Planning, Sugar, Ethanol, Management, Strategic Planning, Supply Chain, Cleantech