Director Global Commercial Transformation @
Sr. Director Oncology- Europe @ Eli Lilly
Global Director Oncology - HQ @ Eli Lilly and Company
Bachelor, Economics @
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Senior Executive with 19 years of diverse management experience. Last 11 years spent in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech sectors (specifically oncology) focused on Marketing, managing numerous product launches and growth of mature brands in challenging markets, as well as Project Management and Business Transformation areas with an extensive domestic and broad international work experience. IE MBA, Lean
Senior Executive with 19 years of diverse management experience. Last 11 years spent in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech sectors (specifically oncology) focused on Marketing, managing numerous product launches and growth of mature brands in challenging markets, as well as Project Management and Business Transformation areas with an extensive domestic and broad international work experience. IE MBA, Lean Six- Sigma Black-Belt.
Cross-Functional Leadership led into roles of increased responsibility at local, regional and global levels.
Core competencies : Strategic and Tactical Marketing Plans, Marketing Strategy, Brand Management, Launch Excellence and Go-to-Market Plans, Commercialization Strategy, Strategic Planning and tactical execution, Innovation Management, Operational efficiency , Value based selling, Commercial Excellence, Customer engagement, Organizational Transformation models as well as all forms of Project Management (Lean Six Sigma).
Director Global Commercial Transformation @ Headquarters based, generated the best possible multi- stakeholders strategies by ensuring the implementation of Multi-Functional Brand Teams at a country, regional and global Level.
• Ensured the development of Global Brand Strategies and Launch Plans that addressed the present and future needs of all stakeholders, including, but not limited to, patients, payers, governments, institutions and distribution channels.
• Oversaw the Regional Plans (Western Europe & Canada, LATAM, Eastern Europe & Middle East, US, Asia- Pacific) and effective implementation of the product marketing plans through the Marketing teams in line with corporate strategy defined.
• Designed optimal Go-To-Market Model and input to Business Development strategy, assessed pricing and market access strategies including development of differentiation and value proposition beyond price.
• Built Best-in-Class capabilities in all functional Departments in order to address the needs of stakeholders and to fully contribute to the development and execution of Brand Strategies.
• Drove and managed the substantial cultural change needed within the new company (Abbvie Vs Abbott) to enhance the collaboration across divisions and departments, at a country, region and global level (HQ).
• Installed global new processes to make the organization more efficient in what it does. Implemented "working in matrix" and “Future Fit” programs worldwide adapting the organization to the new healthcare environment.
• Increased the understanding of current treatment approaches for the management of the key portfolios and the unmet needs for improved patient outcomes.
• Developed and implemented successful innovation programs, digital strategy and led continuous improvement projects to drive performance.
• Led Global (5) year plan working in collaboration with all other Commercial Operations functions. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) Greater Chicago AreaSr. Director Oncology- Europe @ • Led area (Europe) Commercial Operations Projects using Six Sigma methodology as a Black Belt. Responsible for accomplishing challenging improvements across Europe, providing EU Management advice and developing a high performance team.
• Developed Region (Europe) marketing/ brand strategies to launch product oncology candidates, developing and executing strategic and tactical marketing plans. Led the commercialization strategy, drive branding, value proposition development, competitive strategy and messaging and communication platform.
• Responsible for the effective leadership, management and couching of the franchise Marketing Team.
• Determined the appropriate metrics and established corrective action plans with the goal of Continuous Improvement for the European Affiliates with close collaboration with key countries. From April 2011 to May 2012 (1 year 2 months) Madrid Area, SpainGlobal Director Oncology - HQ @ • Reported to VP Global Oncology led from Eli Lilly´s Headquarters Global Key Projects applying Six Sigma concepts as a black-Belt to overhaul the selling model, restructure internal operations and drive fundamental change for the Oncology Business Unit.
• Ensured cross-functional alignment on global launch strategies, global strategy and brand plan, long range plan and pricing and access strategy across geographies.
• Developed global marketing/ brand strategies to launch oncology product candidates (Erbitux, Enzastaurin, Cyramza), a Launch Excellence Plan and ensured the optimum Global Oncology strategic and tactical marketing plan for the existing brands (Gemzar $2.9B product, Alimta $2.5B product): segmentation, digital strategy, positioning, branding, messages and programs coordinating across regions and affiliates.
• Led the development and update of the Global Onccology Strategic plan in partnership with regions and affiliates input. Developed strong strategic relationships with all cross functional partners, including medical and government affairs, HEOR, market access, business intelligence, affiliate marketing and sales.
• Co-Led the integration Lilly- Imclone acquisition, established the new Global Oncology organizational structure, unifying, reorganizing and optimizing processes. Award: Eli Lilly Best Project of the year. From May 2009 to May 2011 (2 years 1 month) Oncology Director @ • Led the launch of Lilly Oncology Unit Key Products (Alimta + Different Indications).
• Adapted global/ Region marketing plan of established products (Gemzar) to the Spanish affiliate to boost sales and achieve plan.
• Designed and implemented local marketing plan conducting research to identify unmet needs, adapt positioning and define critical brand objectives and programs to implement accordingly.
• Responsible for sales analysis, forecasting, segmentation and competitor analysis. Developed the “new” Patient Journey and Brand Story and reactive strategy development. Built strong relationships with key customers and industry thought leaders.
• Delivered Plan Vs Patent expirations and generics.
• Responsible for the P&L of the Oncology Business Unit. Achieved double digit annual growth in sales and increased profits 24+%.
• Promoted Innovative Marketing campaigns: Partnered with SONY corporation creating the largest campaign for lung cancer in the country with huge media impact winning different awards internally and externally. From March 2005 to May 2009 (4 years 3 months) Madrid Area, SpainInternational Brand Manager @ • Brand Management: Developed the marketing campaigns (consumer Marketing) for all product lines available at the stores (i.e. Coke, L’Oreal Cosmetics, Orbit…) in +260 stores located between Spain and Portugal. Opened Portuguese Market Increasing +32 % sales in Spain and Portugal.
• Team Manager: Coordination of sales and marketing teams. From March 2003 to March 2005 (2 years 1 month) Madrid Area, SpainMedia Marketing Manager @ • Developed the optimum media/ Channel and marketing mix for key accounts (i.e. Coke) within their Marketing Plans. From October 1998 to March 2003 (4 years 6 months) Madrid Area, SpainAdvertising Sales Representative @ From August 1997 to October 1998 (1 year 3 months) Madrid Area, Spain
MBA, Business @ IE Business School From 2001 to 2002 Bachelor, Economics @ Universidad Autónoma de Madrid From 1995 to 2000 Six-Sigma BlackBelt @ Eli Lilly Ana Belen Rodriguez Saiz is skilled in: Strategy, Competitive Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Pharmaceutical Industry, Pharmaceutical Sales, Business Development, Market Planning, Therapeutic Areas, Management, Brand Management, Business Planning, Forecasting, Product Development, Leadership, Product Launch, Oncology, Marketing, Global Marketing
Looking for a different
Ana Belen Rodriguez Saiz?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension