Armed with a technical as well as a business degree, I try to implement the best of both worlds in my work profile on a daily basis. The techie in me would prevent me from making decisions that would that be "technically" impossible to execute while the B-school ingrained qualities will not let me be blinded sided
Armed with a technical as well as a business degree, I try to implement the best of both worlds in my work profile on a daily basis. The techie in me would prevent me from making decisions that would that be "technically" impossible to execute while the B-school ingrained qualities will not let me be blinded sided by a singular vision of the problem in hand but would rather look at the bigger picture and as a result understand repercussions to the entire project.
That being said my objective has "always been dynamically the same"!
Continually reduce the time it takes to deliver new functions and features that are of high quality and align to the goals and objectives of the business.
Test Engineer @ * Projects: Migrate Off Master Tax, Same FEIN, Recurring Payroll Services, Client to Client
• Testing data flow in various applications and user interfaces in Agile project life cycle in a cross functional team situated in various geographic locations
• Daily activities involving analyzing requirements, planning test scenarios, test scripting and execution of the same. Log defects in ALM/RTC and track them.
• Review business and UX requirements in RRC
• Regularly run merge and builds using Eclipse, Kdiff3 & Enterprise Build Automation Release Candidate
• Deploy latest code into the test environment and ensure environment stability and connectivity after every deploy/release using Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
• Create Incidents and track issues using JIRA
• SME of one test environment and Sanity tester for one other environments
• Provide intensive test support to the Production team by testing APRs and high priority regression testing though RTC and ServiceNow
• Strategize the automation of regression test suite and sanity tests.
• Work closely with the Product owners and Clients during UAT and V&V
• Experience in various levels of testing - Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Sanity Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Backend Database Testing, Mobile Testing, Web Service Testing
• Translating Functional/non-functional requirements to system requirements
• Familiar with Kanban and Scrum focus of releasing software
• Coordinate with Release Management and communicate developments with larger audience
• Creation of user-manuals and tutorials for new soft-wares, testing platforms introduced in the organization and access requirements needed in the project
• Mentor new recruits and introduce them to the project framework while handling multiple testing tasks From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Rochester, New York AreaIntern @ Attend Dev-Test meetings to discuss test scenarios with Developers
Write test scripts and execute the same
Log defects, research the same and re-test them once fixed
Write APRs post release and test the same once the code is fixed
Regression and sanity testing From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Rochester, New York AreaResearch Assistant @ * Researched primary data on “Herding Behavior”, an Application of the Bass Model and performed data analysis and regression.
* Actively involved in developing an interactive Simulation Program that will be used to teach Commercialization and International Finance courses. From October 2012 to May 2013 (8 months) Associate Software Engineer @ * Integral part of a cross-functional team for an enterprise-wide application, Fidelity Cost and Profitability which dealt with database warehousing in the Financial Domain.
* Addressed partner requirements through detail-oriented approach to ensure quality assurance of projects like iExpenses (Oracle) & AccessCentral.
* Conducted sessions on business implications and interoperability of these projects using problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Managed strategic knowledge transfer sessions across Boston, Bangalore and Dublin.
* Mentored new recruits and introduced them to the project framework.
* Worked on regression test cases that helped increase reusability and productivity.
* Primary duties: Test case preparation & execution; Documentation; Reporting bugs/errors.
* Won numerous accolades like “On the Spot Award”, “You Have Earned It”, Winner of “Tech- Spectrum” for providing innovative solutions to persisting problems. From August 2010 to June 2012 (1 year 11 months) Marketing and Product Development Assistant @ * Proficient assistant in product development and marketing sector of “Singaara”, an establishment for designer clothing and accessories.
* Slashed administration costs by 20% by negotiation pricing while ensuring continuation and enhancement of product delivery and quality. From February 2006 to June 2010 (4 years 5 months) Bengaluru Area, IndiaIntern @ Worked on “Design and Testing of Doppler Weather Radar” in the C-D&E/Power Amplifier Department.
The major focus of this project is designing 4 modules namely the Low Noise Amplifier, Low Pass Filter, Directional Coupler and Power Splitter such that it meets the given specifications. From December 2009 to February 2010 (3 months) Intern @ Worked in the Marketing and Sales division over looking whole-sale retail.
Also assisted in business development strategy for product management. From July 2008 to September 2008 (3 months)
Master's degree, Management, 3.67 @ Rochester Institute of Technology From 2012 to 2013 Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Electronics and Communication Engineering @ NMIT From 2006 to 2010 Ambika Shetty is skilled in: Data Analysis, Oracle, SQL, Quality Assurance, C++, Product Management, Strategy, Unix, Microsoft Excel, HTML, C, Project Management, Microsoft Office, Matlab, Requirements Gathering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension