STRATEGIC THINKER, ENGAGING LEADER, INNOVATIVE & TRUSTED PARTNER
I am a proven leader who embraces change, thrives under pressure and welcomes the opportunities born from ambiguity. I believe empowerment, strong communication and partnership are key for any team to reach their full potential. I approach each project with passion and enthusiasm in an effort to inspire and
STRATEGIC THINKER, ENGAGING LEADER, INNOVATIVE & TRUSTED PARTNER
I am a proven leader who embraces change, thrives under pressure and welcomes the opportunities born from ambiguity. I believe empowerment, strong communication and partnership are key for any team to reach their full potential. I approach each project with passion and enthusiasm in an effort to inspire and motivate others.
I am a driver who paves the road for strategic thinking and innovation to take flight. I have proven success in strategic + creative planning, project management and laying the ground work for innovation, resulting in brand loyalty growth, increased market share and profitability.
I am a self motivated planner, with true passion and drive that is infectious for others. I radiate a positive approach and have over five years experience in developing strong leaders who flourished in reaching their highest potential.
Management Supervisor @ From April 2015 to Present (7 months) Minneapolis, MNPlanning Manager, In Store Marketing @ • Defined and led in store innovations and strategies for the Apparel & Accessories businesses that enhanced and cultivated the shopping experience, resulting in brand loyalty growth, increased market share and profitability.
• Led the strategy and implementation of the Apparel & Accessories Guest Experience, testing and rolling out mannequins to 70% of stores by Fall 2014, creating a $90MM sales opportunity.
• Led the ideation, strategy and high level concept for the Home Innovation project. Partnered with broad cross functional group to implement the goals of each Home category and created a guest focused environment with digital and mobile solutions to elevate the holistic experience.
• Managed 10 direct reports within Home and Apparel & Accessories team of In Store Marketing into center of excellence, embracing change and supporting training to instill confidence in team and key partners.
• Co-led the high level strategy and concept development for In Store Marketing’s initiative for Home and Apparel & Accessories. This innovation brought to life the expression of what these areas of the store should be as a speciality retailer, bringing interactive marketing and mobile marketing channels to life. From February 2014 to March 2015 (1 year 2 months) Minneapolis, MNManager, In-Store Marketing Operations @ • Managed and developed 10 direct reports within Home and Apparel & Accessories divisions who
implemented in store strategies through flawless execution, cross team collaboration and strong
communication with creative agencies, internal teams and the store teams.
• Led the strategy and execution of the Baby 360 Innovation store experience, driving timing & action and managing a cross functional team to bring to life a digital and service integrated 'baby shop' experience for new and seasoned moms, resulting in 30% sales increase for key categories and a 200+ store expansion.
• Led the In Store Marketing City Target team through July 2012 grand openings, providing broad scope of workflow, facilitating best practices and ensuring success of the unique formats for October 2012 and all 2013 grand openings.
• Managed ISM strategy and execution for the C9 Apparel Shop in San Francisco City Target. Leading a large cross functional team to successfully launch a unique in store experience for the active guest, on time and within budget.
• Created and implemented project plan to integrate the US and Canada In Store Marketing Operations teams. Developed communication, training and integration plan, sculpting organizational team layout, setting up all teams for success. From September 2011 to February 2014 (2 years 6 months) Minneapolis, MNSenior Specialist, In-Store Marketing Operations @ • Led the rollout of the Home Reinvention signing package from concept through store implementation, creating a cohesive and simplified shopping experience for the guest, reducing spend of $5MM/annually.
◦ ◦ ◦ Received VP Results Leadership award for driving efficiencies and strong communication to field.
• Managed five direct reports, touching all departments of Home, driving streamlined best practices and implemented efficient ways of working, improving overall timelines and productivity for my team by 30%.
• Created and implemented a formal budget planning & forecast process to manage the $22MM Home budget, ensuring accurate forecast and budget actuals provided to assist overall budget management.
• Received 2011 Best Team Award for ownership in driving the innovative Coordinated Store Environment initiative, a storewide $18MM project that led to year over year savings of $10MM+. From May 2010 to September 2011 (1 year 5 months) Minneapolis, MNMarketing Producer, In Store Marketing & Campaigns @ • Drove the execution and implementation of strategic priorities for the Mens business, including management of $7MM budget, coordinating all creative assets and photos shoots from strategy to market.
• Led the in store launch of Converse One Star brand, managing the strategy, creative concept and
implementation of printed materials for all store locations.
• Managed a cross functional Marketing team to implement two tests for Intimate Apparel Reinvention, redefining the way our guest shops those categories; implemented new communication vehicles for successful execution of each test, resulting in 6-9% sales increase across division as a whole.
• Co-led the development of the Marketing Pyramid’s Big Idea Think Tank, facilitating a 48 hour
MINDstorming session, leading 20 cross-Marketing team members through the Innovation process to develop two marketable ideas. From April 2008 to May 2010 (2 years 2 months) Project Manager, In Store Marketing @ • Managed all timing and action of in store projects for Apparel & Accessory divisions, ensuring continued support of the department goals and objectives, building brand integrity throughout.
• Drove communication between all internal and external groups for the in store marketing channel including Ad/Design agencies, Creative team, Marketing Planning & Production teams, and expedited workflow and changes creating process improvements throughout Marketing organization. From June 2006 to April 2008 (1 year 11 months) Senior Product Coordinator, Target Sourcing Services (TSS) @ • Strengthened the international vendor relationships and managed their product throughout buying phases of TSS for the Accessories divisions. Defined best practices for product coordinator position, driving efficiencies throughout TSS organization for coordinating positions. From February 2005 to June 2006 (1 year 5 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication @ Winona State University From 1999 to 2003 Amanda Lanik is skilled in: In-store Marketing, Apparel, Retail, Marketing, Merchandising, Advertising, Management, Customer Service, Social Media, Marketing Communications, Strategic Planning, Training, Project Management, Project Planning, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Team Building
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension