Tel - 949.554.4142 or 415.841.2762
Email - [email protected]
Web - about.me/amansingha
TURNS CHALLENGES INTO SHAREHOLDER VALUE
I enjoy a good challenge at every level. I am a hands-on entrepreneurial, strategic and operational leader passionate about driving high-growth and value through execution, strategy, operational management and financial control, resulting in increased shareholder value. Focusing externally as well as
Tel - 949.554.4142 or 415.841.2762
Email - [email protected]
Web - about.me/amansingha
TURNS CHALLENGES INTO SHAREHOLDER VALUE
I enjoy a good challenge at every level. I am a hands-on entrepreneurial, strategic and operational leader passionate about driving high-growth and value through execution, strategy, operational management and financial control, resulting in increased shareholder value. Focusing externally as well as internally, I am a great believer in empowering teams to enable companies to scale for success. Innovation plus execution are important drivers to me.
A BROAD PERSPECTIVE TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY FOR POSITIVE GROWTH
With my industry experience and my combination of legal, operational and financial experience, I am able to bring a broad perspective to any challenge. I excel at identifying strategic opportunities, developing sound business and financial plans, and working with others to execute on leveraging a company’s core competencies and competitive advantages to drive both top and bottomline growth.
I have experience with angel investors, venture capital firms and venture-backed companies and private equity firms working either as management or a consultant and serving on Boards or as an advisor. Including transactions where I served as an attorney, I have a track record of successfully closed transactions valued little over $4 billion.
Open to new opportunities.
CEO | COO | CFO | Operations Management | Corporate Development | Business Development | Revenue & Profit Acceleration | P&L Management | Sales & Marketing | Global Expansion | Legal Affairs | Technology | Consumer Goods | Project Management | Product Development | Strategic M&A | Strategic Planning & Execution | Team Building and Mentoring | Customer and Investor Relationships | Capital Raise | Private Equity | Venture Capital | Turnarounds | Lean Startup | Portfolio Companies
Managing Partner @ Management consulting company providing corporate finance, corporate and business development, strategic planning & analysis, financial modeling and budgeting serving the startup, corporate innovation and venture communities. Focus is primarily on technology and the consumer goods space. Some initiatives include:
• For a transmedia (video games and animation) company, setting up operations in North America and coordinating with other global offices, building financial budgets and projections, building teams and go to market strategy, and working with the production department on the project roadmap and game development (2015 - )
• Implementing operational processes and systems, building financial budgets and projections, rebuilding the sales team, and directing a revised strategic plan to open new revenue sources and a revised product roadmap for an early-stage e-commerce hardware company (2015 - )
• Spearheaded the successful launch of a technology accelerator focused on mobile, web technologies, online marketing, e-commerce, social media, digital media, and others in the B2C and B2B online space. (2014 - )
• Partner with management of an (1) online SaaS supply chain management startup, (2) social media based SaaS CRM startup and, (3) pharma based ad tech content platform and an (4) SaaS based university and executive education platform on their strategy, marketing, product and business development and fund raising initiatives. (2014 - )
• Work closely with CEO/COO of investment management/banking firm developing new procedures and processes and overall operations to increase efficiency for ongoing and future projects. (2012 - 2015)
• Formulated business development and corporate development strategy, held full P&L accountability and budgeting of a Dubai based private equity group sponsored by ALSAA Group focusing on buyouts of companies in the range of $5million EBITDA or less and strategic early stage investments. (2012 - 2014) From November 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Director of Orange County Chapter @ Based in the Bay area, the Founder Institute is a four month program operating in over 75 cities worldwide that trains new and seasoned founders on the current best practices for building the next generation of companies. The program organizes weekly sessions where experienced entrepreneurs help other Founders develop and launch their new businesses. The program offers a founder-friendly startup environment, mentorship from renowned CEOs, fundraising opportunities at fair market value, and shared equity upside among all participants in the companies formed.
Spearheaded the successful launch of the OC Chapter, after having achieved all the milestones set by headquarters.
• Recruited over two dozen C-level leaders primarily from OC to serve as mentors and conducted a successful community outreach marketing program.
• Also raising funds from local sponsors and establishing relationships with local service providers for the companies accepted into the program.
• Successfully launched six technology companies from our first batch and eleven from our second.
• Awarded best new Director for Western Hemisphere for 2014. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Orange County, California AreaMember of Advisory Board @ An organization that fosters coding among school age children. The ultimate goal is to include coding as part of the public school curriculum by partnering with school districts by holding extra-curriculum classes. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Orange County, California AreaMember of Advisory Board @ My Dog Bowl is already changing the way we buy pet food, our subscription service assists pet owners by delivering the essentials in pet food and treats directly to their door via our own van service. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Orange County, California AreaMember of Advisory Board @ Burner Technology intends to satisfy the rapidly growing need for cost-effective and environmentally friendly processing solutions for toxic brine produced by the oil and gas industry with proprietary “Green” technology. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Greater San Diego AreaMember Board of Directors @ Sonim Technologies (www.sonimtech.com) is the provider of the world's most rugged, water-submersible mobile phones designed specifically for workers in demanding and hazardous environments. From April 2010 to November 2012 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaChief Operating Officer @ With offices in Irvine and China, led all US operations and certain international operations of this public company designing, engineering and manufacturing consumer electronic sound products as an OEM and under the Aura brand.
• Transformed corporate culture from a stale environment, to a hi-growth entrepreneurial environment that contributed to a 10-times increase in revenue to $75 million.
• Taken on responsibilities of acting CFO, including instilling new processes, budgeting and forecasting, significant cost cutting and streamlining operations that lead to a reduction of SG&A by 5 times to 5% of revenue and a successful issuance of a $8 million line of credit.
• Reengaged institutional and retail investors with a revived investor relations campaign and presented at various conferences reviving the Aura story.
• Led the R&D and engineering team and delivered products to market under strict timelines of large OEM customers; managed and revamped the internal sales team providing them with a results driven mandate; overhauled logistics chain to create greater efficiency and worked closely with third-party manufacturers overseas.
• Created the corporate development initiative and assessed various potential target acquisitions, including conducting pro forma and valuation analyses for prospective targets; also carried out on General Counsel responsibilities as it related to public filings and other corporate matters. From February 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 9 months) Orange County, California AreaSenior VP & General Counsel @ Private equity/venture capital professional who also successfully executed General Counsel duties for Waveland consummating transactions in the Internet, technology, energy and consumer goods space.
• Mandated with leadership roles and closed several early and late stage venture capital, equity and debt financings, project finance and acquisitions and divestments across a broad spectrum of industries.
• Conducted due diligence and invested with several Silicon Valley venture capital firms in their later stage venture portfolio companies, such as:
Atrica (acquired, NokiaSiemens)
LGC Wireless (acquired, ADC Telecommunications (NASDAQ: ADCT))
Wayport (acquired, AT&T (NYSE: T))
Aperto Networks (acquired, Tranzeo Wireless (TSX: TZT))
Force10 Networks (acquired, Dell (NASDAQ: DELL))
Vesta Medical (acquired, Carefusion Corporation (NYSE: CFN))
Vanguard Services (acquired, Trican Well Services (TSX: TCW))
• Assigned to partner with management of portfolio companies in assisting them with operational and strategic decisions, financial forecasting and budgeting and legal affairs.
Tasked to be involved in the entire spectrum of transactions from sourcing, valuation, transaction structuring and pro forma analyses as well as negotiation, due diligence and advise on integration of operations when appropriate. From October 2004 to April 2010 (5 years 7 months) Orange County, California AreaExecutive Vice President @ Joined this Internet start-up pre-angel financing. During this development phase, provided input into product development, operations and financial matters. Managed the capital raise from various angel investors and was successful in closing the Series A financing led by Draper Fisher. From September 2003 to November 2004 (1 year 3 months) Greater New York City AreaSenior Corporate Associate @ As one of the leaders in the securities practice group, specialized in corporate and securities transactions and corporate governance matters for public and private companies, venture capital and private equity firms, and investment banks. Completed a number of transactions that involved venture capital and public and private equity and debt transactions, as well as mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies. I had worked with established and startup companies in a variety of industries, including software, networking, outsourcing, med-tech, consumer goods, and retail. From September 2003 to October 2004 (1 year 2 months) Greater Denver AreaCorporate Associate @ Specialized in corporate and securities transactions and corporate governance matters for public and private companies, venture capital and private equity firms, and investment banks. Completed a number of transactions that involved venture capital and public and private equity and debt transactions, as well as mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies. I had worked with established and startup companies in a variety of industries, including software, networking, outsourcing, consumer goods, and retail. Energy/project finance practice involved structuring oil & gas and power plant financing projects, divestiture of oil & gas project assets and negotiation and preparation of E&P project agreements. From October 2000 to September 2003 (3 years) Greater New York City AreaAssociate @ Corporate practice involved acting as counsel to acquirers and acquired companies in respect to mergers, acquisitions, and takeovers, including tender offers, leveraged buyouts and management buyouts. Securities practice involved public offerings, private placements, including 144A offerings, venture capital financings and 1933 Securities Act and 1934 Exchange Act compliance work including periodic and regular reporting requirements. NASD compliance practice involved preparing broker-dealer and investment advisor registration documentation and advising clients as to compliance with regulations. From October 1996 to October 2000 (4 years 1 month) Greater New York City Area
JD, Law @ New York Law School From 1993 to 1996 BA, Political Science @ Simon Fraser University From 1990 to 1993 Aman Singha is skilled in: Mergers & Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Corporate Finance, Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital, New Business Development, Valuation, Private Equity, Team Leadership, Strategic Leadership, International Sales, Contract Negotiation, Investments
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension