Graduate Teaching Assistant @ University of California, San Diego
Bachelor's Degree @
Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology
As a Software / Firmware Engineer with 3+ years of experience in the design and development of embedded systems, I am looking for opportunities which excite me in the broad domains of software and embedded systems - ranging from low-level microcontroller and DSP firmware development to application software development and UI design. I relish the design challenges
As a Software / Firmware Engineer with 3+ years of experience in the design and development of embedded systems, I am looking for opportunities which excite me in the broad domains of software and embedded systems - ranging from low-level microcontroller and DSP firmware development to application software development and UI design. I relish the design challenges offered by harsh and resource-constrained environments and have experience developing optimized low-cost, low-power systems.
I am excited by developments and opportunities in the Internet of Things revolution. My interests and experience span over the fields of robotics, signal and image processing, and underwater instrumentation.
My biggest motivating factor, the reason I work, is the thrill of creating, a design, which solves a real world problem, address a real world need, makes an impact. And I am constantly chasing that thrill.
I am driven by challenges, by questions that nudge me to think outside the box, by problems that seek creative solutions. I believe that human minds, working together, are capable of superhuman feats, and am excited by opportunities that help me be part of, lead or inspire such adventures.
Embedded Software Engineer @ • Lead Firmware Engineer for a new-generation down-hole perforating tool.
• Lead developer for maintenance software for the tool.
• Responsible for the design, architecture and implementation of the firmware for controller at the heart of the tool.
• Responsible for developing the maintenance software to perform, initialization, data acquisition, diagnostics and operation of the tool.
• Designed and developed a bootloader for the TMS320F2811 and the MSP430 processors, which was adopted by multiple projects which were using these processors.
• Embedded Community Newsletter Editor From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Graduate Teaching Assistant @ • Primary Instructor for a writing course on "Academic Argumentation" for college freshmen.
• Responsible for designing course content, preparing and delivering lectures, conducting tests and assignments, evaluation and grading From September 2012 to December 2012 (4 months) Software Engineer Internship @ Feasibility research, prototype design and testing of a real time asset tracking system using RFID and zigbee radio technology. From June 2012 to September 2012 (4 months) Graduate Student Researcher @ • Troubleshooting and development of an autonomous underwater robotic system.
• Power Optimization
• Firmware Development and Testing From January 2012 to June 2012 (6 months) Embedded Systems Engineer Internship @ Software and hardware development of Autonomous Underwater Profiling Drifters, a class of free ranging autonomous robots for oceanographic data sensing. From April 2010 to July 2010 (4 months)
Master's Degree, Electrical and Computer Engineering - Applied Ocean Sciences, 3.89/4.0 @ University of California, San Diego From 2011 to 2013 Bachelor's Degree, Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, 8.53/10.0 @ Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology From 2007 to 2011 Amal Bagulayan is skilled in: Engineering, Management, Embedded Software, Matlab, C++, Digital Image Processing, C, Embedded Systems, Python, Wireless Sensor Networks, ZigBee, Programming, CAN bus, Microcontrollers, LabWindows/CVI
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension