Business Development Manager, Latin America @ SNC-Lavalin
M..Eng, Industrial Engineering @
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Project Manager - ATRIO @ Responsible for the general management of ATRIO, a mixed-use real estate project in Bogota, with total investment above USD 1.1 Billion, designed by Rogers, Stirk Harbour + Partners from England. The project is Colombia's landmark mixed-use project and represents a big change in the country's real estate investment business, by becoming the
Project Manager - ATRIO @ Responsible for the general management of ATRIO, a mixed-use real estate project in Bogota, with total investment above USD 1.1 Billion, designed by Rogers, Stirk Harbour + Partners from England. The project is Colombia's landmark mixed-use project and represents a big change in the country's real estate investment business, by becoming the country's first all-leased large office and services project, with more than 138,000 m2 of leasable space. The project consists of two high-rise towers of 200m and 259m each, with 44 and 59 floors respectively developed in stages. The first stage, the development of the North Tower (200 m tall) began construction in December 2014 and is expected for completion in June 2019. The project includes office, retail, service, commerce, hotel and observatory uses as well as Bogota's most distinctive public realm. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) President @ President, Gómez Cajiao, a multidisciplinary engineering and construction management services firm in the sectors of mining, power and infrastructure.
Charged with the objective of renewing the company after a series of mergers and position it as a leading engineering firm in the Colombian market. Devised a new strategic approach focused on four aspects: a) Implementing efficient and proven Project Management standards and procedures, b) Improving the overall technicale expertise, c) Focusing Business Development activities on private sector development, d) Attracting, retaining and training of personnel, under the goal of achieving excellent customer relations and satisfaction as the key for long-term growth From August 2011 to June 2014 (2 years 11 months) Business Development Manager, Latin America @ Distinguished for designing, developing and implementing SNC-Lavalin’s strategy for the new office in Colombia with the objective of becoming the leading operations center in Latin America for the company for engineering and construction in the mining, oil & gas, power and infrastructure markets
- Establish and implement a marketing plan to position SNC-Lavalin as a top engineering and construction company with local capabilities with private, public and international clients. In January 2011, the company had significant projects in the Mining (Cerrejón), Oil & Gas (Pacific Rubiales, Ecopetrol), and Transport (ISA) sectors, with a 3-year organic backlog
- Organic Growth Development: Create a Business Development team to manage marketing and proposals efforts for engineering and construction projects across all areas of interest for the company. In December 2010, the company's workforce in Colombia exceeded 1,500 employees after 1 1/2 years of operation.
- M&A: Identified, assessed, negotiated and coordinated due diligence efforts in the acquisition of a leading Colombian engineering company (1,000+) by SNC-Lavalin in 2010
- From June 2009 to August 2011 (2 years 3 months) Research Associate - Infrastructure Division @ - Developed proposals for consulting services in transportation infrastructure in Latin America and Africa. Coordinated multi disciplinary teams to prepare project methodologies and financial proposals to potential clients
- Infrastructure specialist for the Tehuantepec Isthmus Interconnection Project for the States of Oaxaca and Veracruz, in Mexico From May 2008 to August 2008 (4 months) Business Development Director @ In charge of developing and executing business development strategies for engineering, construction and concession projects in the infrastructure sector in Colombia and Latin America
Formulated and implemented a business strategic plan, focused on the evolution of the company as an engineering and consulting firm into an integrative services provider for infrastructure development, offering construction, operations and maintenance and concession investment services to Colombian and Latin American clients. Since 2005, construction revenues in Colombia and other countries in Latin America have allowed the firm to increase net sales from USD 15 Million in 2005 to USD 45 Million in 2007, and 289 employees in 2005 to 835 employees in 2007 From January 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 8 months) Business Development Coordinator @ Designed and implemented a strategy to position the company as the top engineering firm in Colombia, based on the creation of a Business Development Division to centralize all commercial efforts and increase contract awards while reducing commercial costs. This strategy allowed the firm to increase net sales from USD 8.5 Million in 2003 to USD 15 Million in 2005, while reducing business development costs by more than 40%, and becoming the leader in the Colombian engineering sector. From August 2003 to June 2005 (1 year 11 months)
MBA @ Georgetown University - The McDonough School of Business From 2007 to 2009 M..Eng, Industrial Engineering @ Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute From 2002 to 2003 B.S., Industrial Engineering @ Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Alvaro Torres is skilled in: Business Development, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension