Look closely. Don’t make assumptions about what’s there. Ask questions, dig deeper. Take a magnifying glass to your customers. Understand what drives them, how they perceive your brand – and your competitors’ brands too. Who do your customers look to for information and inspiration? How? Why? And where exactly do they go? I believe that great sales
Look closely. Don’t make assumptions about what’s there. Ask questions, dig deeper. Take a magnifying glass to your customers. Understand what drives them, how they perceive your brand – and your competitors’ brands too. Who do your customers look to for information and inspiration? How? Why? And where exactly do they go? I believe that great sales and marketing is all about asking the right questions…and responding effectively to the answers. Giving product, sales and marketing professionals the right insights--and the right resources and tools--to be effective.
I HELP COMPANIES:
• Reach senior decision-makers
• Uplevel product messages
• Penetrate strategic named accounts
• Align sales and marketing
• Leverage customers and their stories
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Customer insights: advisory boards, market research, VoC
• Persona development: profiles, use cases
• Solutions: Launches, messaging, content, sales tools, training
• Account-based marketing
• Integrated campaigns – across product and corporate marketing and sales organizations
• Customer marketing: references, loyalty programs, user groups
• 17 years’ experience across the B2B technology marketing spectrum--including solutions, content, sales enablement, customer and field marketing
• Several management roles during 10 years at Hewlett Packard. Pioneered company’s first-ever account-based marketing program, which generated $130 million in incremental revenues.
• Developed messaging and positioning for multiple insight-driven solution offerings at Cisco. Led Cisco’s largest customer advisory board represtning 50 largest customers and $3 billion worth of business.
• Built Informatica's Customer Marketing organization and delivered dozens of compelling customer assets.
• Launched Executive briefing Center which delivered 375 customer meetings in first year of operation and improved close rates by 30%.
MBA from Wharton Business School and BA with Honors from UC Berkeley
Senior Consultant - multiple engagements @ Fastly: Laying the foundation to take the demand generation from its infancy to a more strategic and accountable function at this 200-person Series-D funded startup. Developed key buyer personas, high-level messaging and integrated demand generation campaign strategy.
Docusign: Working with Chief Risk Office on risk metrics, and internal and external messaging/marketing for Digital Transaction Management industry standard. From July 2015 to Present (5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector of Marketing @ Head of Customer Marketing for Informatica, a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader in every market segment in which the company competes.
• Produced all customer content across four product categories. Produced 30+stories and collaborated with PR, social media, event, web and demand generation teams on campaigns which established awareness of Informatica as a major industry player and built sales-ready pipeline.
* Content spotlighted and used to shape CEO and CPO keynote sessions at Informatica World 2014.
• Built from the ground up, and launched world-class executive briefing program. In first two years of operation, EBC delivered over 375 customer executive sessions, touched $92 million of pipeline, and drove a 30% bump in close rates of deals in final stages.
• Managed $750,000 budget and 5-person team, including direct reports, contractors and production agencies. From March 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 1 month) Senior Marketing Manager @ Over the course of the five years that I spent at Cisco, I worked in roles that helped the company become the #2 player as it entered a new category, and meet an aggressive $100 million first-year revenue target for a joint venture.
• Working closely with Sales and Field Marketing, I transformed Cisco’s most-established customer loyalty event, representing 45 top customers and $3 billion of revenues. Strong content focus resulted in highest-ever ratings from customers (4.7 out of 5), and drove significant improvements in perception of Cisco as a partner and trusted advisor.
• I was a Product Marketing leader as Cisco entered the highly competitive server market and launched a joint solution offering with EMC and VMware. Developed key content including Solutions Messaging Briefs and customer stories. Orchestrated complex show presence at SAP user conference. Reached 13,000 physical attendees and 35,000 online participants, generated 15 press mentions and 20 new leads
* Led development and delivery of sales enablement content and tools for Uniifed Workspace solution. Positioned how sales teams could stitch together--and sell--every major Cisco product family as part of a cohesive strategy. From October 2008 to April 2013 (4 years 7 months) Marketing Manager @ Led HP’s first-ever account-based marketing initiative for top 30 accounts, leading staff virtual of five field marketing managers and a six-figure budget. Managed demand generation team of four that implemented cross-sell and upsell campaigns for servers, storage, and services offerings. Managed dozens of demand generation campaigns over 7-year period including campaigns for high-end server products, industry solutions and partners. From May 1998 to October 2008 (10 years 6 months)
MBA, Marketing @ Wharton From 1996 to 1998 BA, Political Science @ University of California, Berkeley From 1986 to 1990
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension