Actively looking for a new opportunity as a Cisco Network/Security Engineer.
Network engineer with 10+ years of experience in Telecom industry specialized in design, implementation and support IP/MPLS/VPLS/VoIP/WLAN networks based on Cisco and Huawei products. I've seen the industry from the different perspectives: as a Customer, as an IT Engineer of mid/large Enterprise, as a small/large scale
Actively looking for a new opportunity as a Cisco Network/Security Engineer.
Network engineer with 10+ years of experience in Telecom industry specialized in design, implementation and support IP/MPLS/VPLS/VoIP/WLAN networks based on Cisco and Huawei products. I've seen the industry from the different perspectives: as a Customer, as an IT Engineer of mid/large Enterprise, as a small/large scale Service Provider, as a System Integrator and finally as a Network Equipment Vendor. So I have a solid basis to growth in any role in networking.
• Cisco Routers: 2500,1600,2600,3600,1700,2600XM,3700,7200(VXR),ISR G1/G2 series routers.
• Cisco Switches: 2900XL,3500XL,2950,3550,2960(-S),3560(G,-E,-X),3750(G,-E,-X),3850,4900 series switches.
• Cisco Firewalls: PIX501,506,515(E),525,535,ASA5500(-X) in routed/transparent/single/multi-context mode.
• VoIP products: Cisco (CUCME, CUBE, CUE, CUCM), Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, YATE, Skype, etc.
• VoIP Protocols: SIP, H.323, SCCP, MGCP.
• Huawei Routers: CX600-X1/X2/X3/X8, NE40E-X3/X8, ME60-X3/X8 routers.
• Huawei Switches: S2300/3300/5300/6300/9300 SI/EI/HI series switches.
• Markup languages: HTML, XML, CSS.
• Operating systems: Linux (rpm or deb-based), FreeBSD, Solaris8/10, HP-UX, Tru64 (Digital UNIX), CNU-OS (Cisco Native Unix), Junos.
• Knowledge of GSM, 2G, 2.5G, 3G, 4G network infrastructure.
• Telecom platforms: GPRS, MMSC, WAP, IVR, VMail, MCA, FMC, DPI.
• Virtualization: VMware products, Microsoft Hyper-V, QEMU, etc.
• Emulation: Cisco (Dynamips, Dynagen, GNS3, IOU), Juniper (Firefly vSRX, Olive), Huawei/H3C/3Com/HP (WVRP v3, v5.1, v5.2a, v5.5 and above, SIMWARE, RouterVisio, eNSP).
• Multipurpose protocols analyzers and network performance testers: RADCOM R1000, Tektronix K15, Spirent SmartBits®, TestCenter, JDSU (Acterna), IXIA IxChariot, Wireshark, etc.
• NMS: HP OpenView, Alcatel OMC, Huawei U2000/M2000, Cacti, Nagios, etc.
Network Engineer @ • As a part of "Network Team" (2 engineers) provided responsibility for enterprise IP network based on Cisco Systems equipment, covered 20+ offices and Data Centers across the USA and England.
• Created technical documentation for existed network and networking services to solve documentation starvation issue.
• Provided Tier II support to internal customers as required.
• Performed occasionally night works (routine operations in Data Center, cutover, integration under production, etc.).
• Managed communications with network equipment vendor (Cisco).
• Provided 24x7 on-call technical support for network related issues. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Rocklin, CA, United StatesNetwork Engineer @ • Participated as skilled network engineer in all kinds of Datacom projects from pre-sale testing of particular device model or network solution in a lab environment to deployment and commissioning of complex networks like Mobile Backhaul (MBH), Metro Ethernet Network (MEN), IPBB, PS Core, etc.
• Designed, tested and implemented of High Level as well as Low Level solutions for several largest networking projects in Russia.
• Interfaced with HQ, R&D and software developers in all aspects of solution development, testing and troubleshooting to ensure the configurations to be valid and of the best engineering practices.
• Provided Tier I,II,III support to customers or subcontractors as required.
• Provided training for customers, subcontractors, service partners and internal employees.
• Performed occasionally night work like SWAP, cutover, integration under production, routine operations. From March 2011 to August 2014 (3 years 6 months) Russian FederationNetwork Engineer @ • Provided responsibility for enterprise IP and VoIP networks mainly based on Cisco Systems equipment, covered more than 15 offices in 10 cities, 5 countries and provided services to 3000+ employees.
• Participated in HLD, fully responsible for LLD preparation, implementation and testing of IP and VoIP networks based on the following protocols and technologies: 802.1d (STP), 802.1q (VLAN), Cisco Inline Power and 802.3af (PoE), CDP/LLDP, VTP, OSPFv2, Cisco IP SLA, SNMPv2c, L2/L3 QoS. For VoIP: Cisco Unified Communication Manager Express (CUCME v4.0 and above), Cisco Unity Express (CUE v7.0.x for VMail, AA, call recording), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Asterisk v1.4/1.6, FreeSWITCH, YATE products and the following protocols, technologies: SCCP (SKINNY), SIP, H.323 (and subsequent), Multicast routing (for MOH).
• Designed, implemented and managed connections to the various ISPs and ITSP using different protocols and signalling: IP (BGP), DSL, VPN, SIP, H.323, Skype, T1/E1 (CAS/CSS PRI/QSIG), etc.
• Performed remote configuration of all network devices: Cisco Systems Multiservice Access Router (MAR), Integrated Services Router (ISR G1), PIX/ASA, L2&L3 Switches, various IP Phones, various ATAs, Polycom audio and video conference stations, D-Link DES/DGS series switches, APC Network Management Card G1&G2, etc.
• Deployed and maintained network performance monitoring solution based on "Cacti" with numerous customized plugins and scripts.
• Provided 24x7 on-call technical support for network related issues - routing&switching, VoIP.
• Performed internal training for network engineers (8 engineers distributed in 5 countries). From October 2008 to March 2011 (2 years 6 months) Lead Engineer of VAS (Value Added Services) Platforms Operations Group @ • Participated in installation, commissioning, software and hardware integration, system acceptance testing and further maintenance of various VAS platforms (GPRS, SMSC, MMSC, WAPGW, Billing, DNS, IVR, VoiceMail, OMC, NMC, USSD, FMC, MCA, RBT, Centralized Backup/Disaster Recovery System) for one of the biggest cellular operator in Russia.
• Provided fully responsibility for GPRS (Alcatel SGSNs + Cisco GGSNs + Alcatel iGGSNs), DNS (GRX), MMSC, WAPGW, OMC, Backup platforms. This included 24x7 on-call/remote/on-site technical support, collaboration with TACs of vendors, performing disaster recovery procedure.
• Tested, configured and supported multi-vendor network equipment on daily basis.
• Proactively monitored network performance, address potential issues, and flag required changes.
• Managed communications with vendors (Cisco, Alcatel, LogicaCMG, Sun, HP, STROM Telecom).
• Performed internal training for shift engineers (OMC group), shared experience with a team (5 engineers). From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Russian FederationShift Engineer @ • Monitored network performance (NMC, SNMP, Syslog).
• Supported LAN/WAN segments of the ISP network: IGP, BGP, RAS (Cisco AS5400), ISG (Cisco 7206 VXR), etc.
• Deployed minor LAN segments using Cisco 2600(XM), 3700, Catalyst 2950, 3550, 3560/3750.
• Participated in a 24x7 on-call rotation. From 2004 to 2004 (less than a year) Samara Region, Russian Federation
Engineer's degree, Radio Communication, Broadcasting and TV (RCBTV) @ Volga State University of Telecommunications and Informatics From 1999 to 2004 Alcatel University (Lannion, France) From 2005 to 2005 LogicaCMG (Nieuwegein, Netherlands) From 2005 to 2005 Informatics Specialist and Economist. @ Volga State University of Telecommunications and Informatics From 2002 to 2006 Alexey Mezhuev is skilled in: Telecommunications, Networking, Unix, Linux, GSM, Switches, Cisco Technologies, Huawei Technologies, XML, RFCs, Routers, MPLS, VPLS, IXIA, Wireshark, VoIP, Cisco VoIP, Asterisk, 2G, 3G, IEEE standards, 3GPP, Cisco IOS, Huawei VRP, Spirent, YATE, Freeswitch, Skype, SCCP, SIP, H.323, TCL, VoiceXML, HTML, CSS, Solaris, HP-UX, FreeBSD, Tru64, CNU-OS, 4G, LTE, GPRS, MMSC, WAP Gateway, VMware, QEMU, NMS, Cacti, pfSense
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension