Senior Principal Engineer @ As a Principal Engineer, my current role puts me to work on the company's most challenging projects that require deep understanding of the overall enterprise architecture. I participate in design and review of major technology projects, work on defining company standards to help guide developers on best practices for using internal and external
Senior Principal Engineer @ As a Principal Engineer, my current role puts me to work on the company's most challenging projects that require deep understanding of the overall enterprise architecture. I participate in design and review of major technology projects, work on defining company standards to help guide developers on best practices for using internal and external frameworks, coding standards, data/domain modeling, distributed service communication, etc. Some of the current projects include refactoring of the company's "Continuous Integration" approach to code development, transition to GLU-based automated application deployment foundation and moving the development organization to Git VCS.
As a Technical Lead, I was responsible for designing, developing and implementing re-architecture of the company's distributed services approach, converting from JINI/RPC based solution to an HTTP/REST based approach using Google Protocol Buffers, Spring, Tomcat. Participated in the design and development of an Erlang OTP-based service discovery and proxy application used to facilitate automated service registry, discovery, request routing and monitoring.
As a Sr. Engineer on the Core Frameworks team, my duties include development and design core libraries and api for enterprise-wide use, as well as establishing and maintaining common design principles and standards used within the company and aid the development teams with design and architecture related issues.
- Development of a web application framework for internal use based on Spring MVC/Spring WebFlow
- Development of a lightweight application container based on Spring Framework and Tomcat
- Participation in a high-level architectural design of white-label web application
- Conversion of distributed service communication architectures, communication protocols and network topologies
- Migration of application clusters from one database server farm to another, while providing 0-downtime SLA to the application layer From March 2004 to Present (11 years 8 months) Greater Chicago AreaWeb Application Architect @ Responsible for design, architecture and partial implementation of the web-based customer and agent management UI system. It is written in Ruby on Rails, interacting with MySql database and communicating with other PHP and C++ based telecom applications. The system is responsible for providing customers and conference administrators to manage the conference settings, uploading call lists, automatic scheduling and provisioning of dialing systems to handle large number of outbound calls (in hundreds of thousands) From December 2003 to Present (11 years 11 months) Greater Chicago AreaCo-founder and Software Architect @ Designed back-end architecture, database modeling and schema design, integration with 3rd-party services. From 2005 to January 2014 (9 years) Software Developer @ Developing Web Services and converting existing web applications written in ASP, Java and Cold Fusion into .Net platform using C# as a development language and MS SQL 2000/IIS 5.0 for Web and Database hosting From April 2003 to March 2004 (1 year) Software Developer (Consulting) @ Built C#/.Net based Web POS and inventory system integrated with mobile scanners and MS SQL Server to provide a complete solution to stores for inventory management and product sales. From January 2001 to April 2001 (4 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension