6 OAS levels at Ontario Scholar level @
Bishop Ridley College
I am a Scottish headhunter based in Taipei with Robert Walters.
After finishing my Masters Degree at the University of St Andrews I decided to come to Asia to live. I instantly fell in love with Taiwan and its people, extending my stay for four years. To further my career I made the difficult decision in 2013
I am a Scottish headhunter based in Taipei with Robert Walters.
After finishing my Masters Degree at the University of St Andrews I decided to come to Asia to live. I instantly fell in love with Taiwan and its people, extending my stay for four years. To further my career I made the difficult decision in 2013 to relocate to Shanghai, a life-choice that ultimately paid off as I joined a fantastic recruitment company that allowed me to develop professionally in the past-paced Chinese economy. After a couple of years in Shanghai I decided to return to Taiwan to live, contacting the Office Manager of Robert Walters to ask about opportunities (after building a career in headhunting I knew how to be proactive in my job search!). I was successfully hired and returned to Taipei at the start of 2015.
I focus on the recruitment of mid to senior level marketing professionals. My scope is cross-industry and pertains to any function within the general Marketing and Branding umbrella. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you are looking to hire or are interested in connecting.
About Robert Walters
Robert Walters plc is an award-winning business and one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment and recruitment outsourcing businesses. The Group specialises in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors, and count FORTUNE 500 companies, investment banks and multinational blue-chip commercial organisations as clients.
Operating at all levels of seniority, we manage the careers of the best professionals in the following disciplines in Taiwan:
• Accounting & finance
• Banking & financial services
• General management
• Sales & marketing
Consultant - Sales & Marketing function @ Robert Walters plc is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies with 53 offices in 24 different countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and were founded in the UK in 1985.
The group specialises in permanent and contract recruitment and count Fortune 500 companies, global investment banks and multinational blue-chip organisations as clients.
In Taiwan our experienced team of professionals offer specialist recruitment services in the following sectors:
- Sales and Marketing
If you are interested in connecting or talking with me, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or phone me in the office at +886 2 8758 0716.
I focus on senior level marketing positions, mostly within Taipei. (I also still replace the water cooler when it runs out) From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Taipei City, TaiwanMarketing and Branding Manager and Consultant for Marketing function @ Working closely with the Business Development Director and HR Director to expand and promote China's premier executive search firm. As we expand our ten offices we aim to cement our reputation as a professional and trustworthy firm. Working in tandem with our InterSearch partners, we also aim to be the first link multinational corporations have to the market in China, helping to staff senior positions in several key industries for our vast and prestigious client base.
I have also began working as a consultant for PR/Marketing & Communications and Government Relations positions. If you are interested in seeking a job in any of these fields or are looking for excellent candidates to join your company please get in touch - www.zwhrconsulting.com
My work within the company is more than simply focusing on our brand, I also aim to provide essential support to all our offices and teams as we work together to build the future of this great organization. From May 2014 to March 2015 (11 months) Shanghai City, ChinaBusiness Assistant @ I began at ZW HR as an executive assistant to the General Manager but as time has gone on my list of opportunities and responsibilities has grown significantly. I can proudly and without exaggeration call myself a "generalist". I now take an active role in the company's branding, marketing and social media, working closely with the HR Director and BD Director to plot our future strategy. I also handle a lot of the senior in-house recruitment for the company as well as taking an active role in our business development, especially with our MNC clientele. Throw in weekly staff training and general English language help for my 180 colleagues and then you have an idea of some of the things I have proudly been able to bring to this great company. Oh, I also replace the water cooler when it runs out.
ZW HR Consulting is the premier local executive recruitment search firm in China, specializing in staffing Mid to Senior level Executive Positions. Since 1998, ZW HR have grown into one of the biggest headhunting recruitment firms in Asia with nine offices in China (Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Ningbo, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Dalian and Tianjin) and one in Singapore.
Our expert HR and industry specialists have completed hundreds of successful search placements within our eight main practice groups (Life Science, IT & T, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Real Estate, Professional Services and General Function).
ZW HR are proud to claim that we are the earliest and most successful Chinese recruitment search firm to break into the global market. After joining Intersearch worldwide as the exclusive China representative in 2012, we cemented this place. From November 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 5 months) Shanghai City, ChinaComposer @ • Headhunted by the third largest organisation in Taiwan to arrange, conduct and provide advice on a musical project
• Conducting several musicians and pieces of music culminating in the delivery of a pivotal performance to several thousand people
• Received recognition for contribution to the resounding success of the performance and the way in which it was received by the audience From 2012 to 2013 (1 year) Taipei, TaiwanSenior Teacher @ • Teaching students over 40 hours a week, formulating a detailed syllabus and course materials
• Working for a prestigious school, recognised for being one of the most renowned and exclusive private schools in Taiwan
• Opportunities arose which allowed progression into a senior teacher position in the first year of appointment
• Acquired a greater scope of responsibility including the training of co-workers and conducting interviews to appoint suitably qualified and experienced staff From 2011 to 2013 (2 years) Taipei, TaiwanActor/Model @ I worked as a model and actor in commercials for a varied amount of brands, being awarded the lead role in several commercials that were broadcast throughout Asia.
This commercial has over one million hits on Youku and Youtube, it is worth watching for the wigs alone!
A Memory to Remember - Kingston (TVC)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjMyNjYyNDIw.html From 2011 to 2013 (2 years) Taipei, TaiwanNative Speaking Teacher @ • Participating in 10 intensive training days prior to the commencement of a teaching position at a cram school in Taichung
• Responsible for the provision of teaching support to children between the ages of 5 and 15, building a strong rapport with students and enabling them to fulfil their academic goals
• Playing a pivotal role in curriculum development, being allowed full responsibility to teach children based on their needs and abilities From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Taichung, TaiwanConcierge @ • Delivering exceptional standards of customer service to guests visiting the hotel, responding to enquiries and taking part in all aspects of hotel work at Edinburgh's finest five-star boutique hotel From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) Edinburgh, United KingdomDigital Marketing and Street Promotion @ • Delivering comprehensive support to the head of digital marketing and promotions, providing a range of administrative and technical support for the promotion of some of the world’s most renowned musicians
• Demonstrating strong networking ability being able to build excellent relationships and acquired the skills to climb up the ladder of a ‘Big Three’ record label. From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) London, United KingdomOffice Manager @ • Managing vendors and coordinating sales for the magazine, successfully securing additional responsibilities within just a month of appointment in recognition of competence and valuable contribution to the organisation
• Received personal recognition through the achievement of a 30% increase in sales, compared with the same period of the previous year
- Was promoted to management after working in the company for just over two weeks From 2006 to 2006 (less than a year) Edinburgh, United KingdomFashion Assistant @ From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Retail Sales Representative @ From 2005 to 2006 (1 year)
Master of Arts (MA) hons, International Relations and Modern History, 2:1 @ University of St. Andrews From 2004 to 2008 6 OAS levels at Ontario Scholar level, Philosophy, History, Politics, World Issues, Music and Drama, Range between 100% and 90% average @ Bishop Ridley College From 2003 to 2004 Advanced Highers and Highers, Mathematics, English, Chemistry, History and Modern Studies, I got 5 As at Higher Level and 2 As at Advanced Higher @ The Royal High School From 1997 to 2003 Alan McIvor is skilled in: Management, Recruiting, Social Media, Networking, International Relations, Sales, Teaching, Strategy, Marketing, Business Development, Market Research, Policy Analysis, Music Production, Cost Benefit, Training, Internal Communications, Leadership, Human Resources, International Sales, International..., Executive Search, Requirements Analysis, Interviews, Promotions, HR Consulting