Business Intelligence Architect @ Holiday Retirement
Sr Business Intelligence/SQL Server Developer, Technical Lead @ Reservations.com
Business Intelligence/SQL Server Developer @ HealthGrid
Business Intelligence Program @
BOTTOM LINE: I help businesses organize their data so they can make better decisions.
Business Intelligence and SQL Server Information Technology Professional. Broad range of experience in industries such as timeshare, hospitality, travel, entertainment, e-commerce, engineering, retail, and real estate, including two Fortune 500 companies. Primary experience in database design, data management, solution architecture, and development life
BOTTOM LINE: I help businesses organize their data so they can make better decisions.
Business Intelligence and SQL Server Information Technology Professional. Broad range of experience in industries such as timeshare, hospitality, travel, entertainment, e-commerce, engineering, retail, and real estate, including two Fortune 500 companies. Primary experience in database design, data management, solution architecture, and development life cycle within waterfall and Agile frameworks. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Specialties: Business Intelligence, SQL Server, SSIS, Database Design, Data Management.
Contractor SQL Server Developer @ - Primary Technologies: SQL Server 2012 and 2014, T-SQL, Visual Studio, TFS
- Maintains and enhances synchronization processes in SQL Server that keep data integrity between a new and a legacy system.
- Works on migrating data structures and data from a legacy system to a new one.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system issues, including working with C# application developers to establish root cause of problems.
- Documented the process of registering new data sync jobs and wrote a T-SQL script that automates and streamlines that process. From March 2015 to May 2015 (3 months) Business Intelligence/SQL Server Developer, Data Management, Sr. Database Engineer @ - Primary Technologies: SQL Server 2008 and 2012, SSIS, T-SQL, Master Data Services (MDS), Visual Studio, BIDS, SVN, TFS, Red Gate Tools.
- Works within Agile Scrum framework and related practices.
- Develops SQL Server databases and objects, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Develops T-SQL code and SSIS Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) packages in support of data management and data quality efforts, as well as emergency fixes and other database or data related projects.
- Determines how data should be organized, focused on the design and development of data models and data integration in support of back-end processes.
- Assists with the administrative maintenance of SQL Server databases including problem diagnosis and performance tuning for development and other non-production environments.
- Consults with other professionals to assess system performance and make modifications as required.
- Performs T-SQL and SSIS code reviews with developers prior to migration to QA environments.
- Project Highlight: Developed a system to continuously bring data from multiple source systems into a staging area for importing into MDS.
- Project Highlight: Implemented SQL Server development and code deployment standards and methods.
- Developed SQL Server databases and objects, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Developed Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes using SSIS and T-SQL.
- Administered SQL Server databases, including security, performance, and backups.
- Project Highlight: Analysis of reservation, revenue, and travel agent data from multiple sources, development of a database repository for this data, and development of ETL processes using SSIS to integrate the data into the repository, validate it, and resolve data quality issues.
- Project Highlight: Development and maintenance of ETL processes that retrieve travel agency revenue data from a finance database and import it into a MS Dynamics CRM database. Work includes SSIS packages that encrypt the data, securely transport it across a firewall to an external server, decrypt it, validate it, and import it.
- Project Highlight: Development and maintenance of ETL processes that retrieve travel agency identifiers from a MS Dynamics CRM database and populates an identifier cross-reference table used for generating reports.
- Project Highlight: Development and maintenance of ETL processes that retrieve travel agency data from a MS Dynamics CRM database and export it via an SFTP (GlobalScape) site to a third-party.
- Project Highlight: Development and maintenance of an MS Access application with a SQL Server back end for the tracking of travel agency information related to the negotiation of reward program contracts.
- Project Highlight: Development and maintenance of the SQL code used as data source for travel revenue reports.
- Implemented a secure file transfer site and usage of PGP encryption to protect travel agency revenue data provided to third parties.
- Implemented an SVN Source Control server used with Red Gate’s SQL Source Control. From June 2009 to October 2012 (3 years 5 months) REO Specialist, Senior Consultant @ - Primary Technologies: SQL Server 2005, MS Access 2003.
- Developed a multi-user database for the management of REO (bank owned) assets and all associated data.
- Developed logical and physical data models using Visio.
- Developed property reports for field use using MS Access.
- Implemented a Flash-based marketing web site that includes content in English and Spanish, instructional videos, and web capture forms that feed a contact management database.
- Created segment (aka “stealth sites”) web sites designed to reach high search engine rankings, attract prospects with light branding, and obtain contact information.
- Architected an e-commerce web site, including offline data modification and publishing to production, as well as applications to manage and publish product descriptions and photos, pricing, and other data to the web site.
- Developed and maintained all database and application logic for the e-commerce site, including catalog database access and presentation to customers, client-side scripting, navigation, shopping cart interfacing, payment processing, order workflow, and publishing of site data.
- Administered MySQL server, developed stored procedures and alerts, monitored and tuned performance, scheduled backups, and implemented all database objects and jobs. From June 2003 to December 2007 (4 years 7 months) Data Architect, Project Manager @ - As Data Architect, worked on the development of conceptual and logical data models for a variety of projects, including the company’s enterprise data model.
- As Project Manager, led a variety of development projects.
- Worked within the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Summit Ascendant Lifecycle Methodology framework.
- Developed budgets, funding requests, and plans for projects with capital valuations over $2M.
- Managed risk through assessment and mitigation planning for the earliest identification of issues.
- Coordinated with business units and vendors in the development of business and technical requirements, managing organizational and technical change, and user acceptance testing.
- Project Highlight: Products and Services (One Source). PM for the analysis and design of a web-based catalog of all products and services offered to the guest, managed through a content management system.
- Project Highlight: Continuous Improvement Database. PM for the development and implementation of a web-based database application that tracks productivity improvement initiatives and their financial impact.
- Project Highlight: Information Security Awareness web site and on-line training. PM for the planning, development, and implementation of an educational information security web site.
- Project Highlight: MS Exchange and Active Directory deployment. PM for the planning, budgeting, and management of MS Exchange upgrade and Active Directory installation on board the Disney Cruise Line’s ships.
- Project Highlight: Implementation of the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Summit Ascendant Lifecycle Methodology. Key player in the implementation IT-wide and the migration of the Data Architecture, Application Architecture, and Information Security groups to the methodology. From February 2001 to June 2003 (2 years 5 months) Chief Systems Engineer @ - Developed logical and physical data models for several projects.
- Developed a data exchange format specification for the industry-wide transfer of paint product and color formula data between HD and its suppliers.
- Developed ETL programs for the import and validation of paint product and color formula data into databases for a point-of-sale application.
- Managed and implemented multiple projects in Visual Basic, MS Access, and C.
- Managed risk through assessment and mitigation planning.
- Designed and implemented development, source control, and globalization architectures.
- Trained and evaluated Associate, System, and Senior System Engineers.
- Project Highlight: Primary application architect and developer of the Home Depot Paint Systems Point-of-Sale application, which consists of several remotely-managed PCs in the Paint Department of Home Depot stores, interfaced with automatic paint dispensers and color-matching equipment and, to this day, supporting millions of dollars in paint sales.
- Project Highlight: Primary developer and implementer of code that allowed for the globalization of Windows and DOS applications for deployment to Canada, Chile, and Argentina. From November 1994 to February 2001 (6 years 4 months) Systems Analyst @ - Data manager and database developer for environmental impact assessment projects.
- Developed import and validation (ETL) logic and managed import, validation, and reporting of thousands of chemical analysis lab results. From March 1992 to November 1994 (2 years 9 months) Airborne Systems Analyst and Maintenance Specialist @ - Maintained mission-critical computer, telecommunications, and special purpose systems on board RC-135 jets, in-flight and on the ground.
- Recipient of the U.S. Air Force Commendation Medal, the Aerial Achievement Medal, and over 10 Air Medals for eight years as aircrew under hazardous conditions. From June 1981 to July 1991 (10 years 2 months)
Masters Business Intelligence, MS Business Intelligence @ SetFocus From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor of Science (BS), Management and Computer Studies, 3.3 @ University of Maryland College Park From 1987 to 1991 Associate, Applied Science @ Community College of the Air Force From 1985 to 1987 Vocational, Airborne Electronic Systems Maintenance @ USAF, Goodfellow AFB From 1981 to 1983 Adolfo Santiago is skilled in: SSRS, SSIS, Business Intelligence, Database Design, Software Development, Project Management, Data Management, Software Design, Databases, Visio, Microsoft Excel, T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, VB.NET, ETL, Data Architecture, Microsoft Access, Solution Architecture
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension