Senior level business manager experienced in programatic tech operation development and deployment. More than 18 years experience exploiting traditionally low-tech business models and creating opportunity through programatic, technology-driven solutions. Started first small business in 1993 in the wood products services and manufacturing sectors. In 1994 began developing online content to drive business opportunities, and Since 2007 focused
Senior level business manager experienced in programatic tech operation development and deployment. More than 18 years experience exploiting traditionally low-tech business models and creating opportunity through programatic, technology-driven solutions. Started first small business in 1993 in the wood products services and manufacturing sectors. In 1994 began developing online content to drive business opportunities, and Since 2007 focused on renewable energy start-up opportunities.
Specialties: Renewable and healthcare opportunities, web and application development, database architecture, new venture program management, general operations management, government relations, critical negotiations.
Founder and COO @ Clēnera funds and manages a portfolio of renewable energy acquisitions all successfully fueled by project-level standardization and vertical integration. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Mesa, AZFounder and CEO @ SymptomMonitor.com is a unique web and mobile application platform designed to monitor key data streams and provide analytical feedback to healthcare providers and others in the patients “circle of care” (i.e doctors, family, relatives, close friends, teachers, and coaches). Information is entered into a simple, disease specific user interface designed for both mobile devise and PCs. The information is then fed into the database-driven Symptom Monitor and automatically provided to the care circle based on their level of information requirement. From April 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Boise, Idaho AreaFounder/Investor @ Investments in renewable and healthcare startup opportunities. Our flagship investment is SymptomMonitor.com. From April 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Boise, Idaho AreaChief Operating Officer @ As COO and co-founder of Sunlight Partners the primary responsibilities were to manage development of sophisticated solutions that increased the conversion rate of projects in a programatic development model including:
•GIS system and team established to quickly identify and select parcels that meet sunlight criteria including: land use, flora and fauna, hydrology, topography, grid connectivity
•Work with utilities to create distribution-level mapping tools to identify opportunities for efficient interconnection opportunities
• Establish effective messaging and land acquisition team focused on lease and purchase opportunities in identified areas
Sunlight Partners became one of the most successful distributed generation developers in North America. From March 2010 to April 2013 (3 years 2 months) Mesa, AzBusiness and Project Development @ Managed solar development opportunities in the Southwest US. From September 2009 to March 2010 (7 months) Mesa, ArizonaGlass Works Division Operations @ Part of start-up team that built the glass manufacturing and operations business for Solfocus in Mesa, AZ.
Worked with management team to vertically integrate critical outsourced processes. Participated in the creation of a scalable, manufacturing model to reduce cost, and protect critical intellectual property.
• Responsible for managing the development of a unique prototype silver plating line for concentrated solar photovoltaic optic lenses.
• Managed the design and construction of the initial 4 Megawatt prototype manufacturing line including: sub-contractor selection, project management, and successfully negotiated to reduce building permitting process. Completed project within budget and on time.
• Researched and acquired the property for SolFocus’ phase I manufacturing facility. Completed three additional phases in building 1, and two phases of construction in building 2 within eighteen months.
• Directly managed HR responsibilities for 3 to 60 employees and then managed an HR Specialist to handle growth from 60 to 140 employees.
• Managed overall program to increase capacity through facility improvements and equipment automation. Worked closely with Engineers and sub-contractors to drive completion of individual facility and equipment automation projects. Expansions increased manufacturing capacity from 4 Megawatts to 38 Megawatts.
• Directed the quality and process documentation including building an ISO 9000 framework.
• Managed program to implement EPS and MES systems.
• Responsible for production planning, purchasing, facility and general manufacturing support. From July 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 3 months) Mesa, ArizonaPresident/CEO @ Founder and CEO.
In 1998 started Cantera Companies a commercial restoration firm servicing large commercial buildings and hotels. Cantera Companies quickly achieved nation-wide reach and completed some of the largest projects in the space.
In 2005 created a division of Cantera Companies to train large wood product manufacturing companies, throughout the US, using technology to increase production and decrease in-plant and field install waste.
Cantera Companies focused on a wide variety of customer-driven web development projects and internally owned and developed storefronts and training sites. Additionally, Cantera Companies maintains the capability to design print material for a cohesive customer experience that blends the online storefront with outside media materials.
• Developed online training web sites that included video production, online testing, and detailed step-by-step guides for wood products manufacturers.
• Sold online training product nationally to large-scale manufactures with annual revenues ranging from 32 million to 4 billion in sales.
• Linked product sales to training modules to increase total sales
• Created first of its kind video podcasting for mobile (on location) training
• Published articles in major trade publications
• Created innovative web sites for industry leaders
• Developed catalog and print material From October 1998 to October 2007 (9 years 1 month) Boise, Idaho AreaPresident @ Wood restoration and construction company. From October 1993 to October 1998 (5 years 1 month) Boise, Idaho Area
MBA, Business Management @ Boise State University From 2006 to 2008 Business, Marketing, Emphasis International Business @ Boise State University From 1993 to 1998 Adam Pishl is skilled in: Operations Management, Solar Energy, Cleantech, Renewable Energy, Photovoltaics, Alternative Energy, Energy, Energy Efficiency, Start-ups, Energy Management, Manufacturing, Construction, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Integration, Marketing, Management, Process Improvement, Program Management, Project Management, R&D, Sales, Solar PV, Venture Capital, Training, Sustainable Energy, Solar Thermal, E-commerce, Strategy, Business Development, Outsourcing, Negotiation, Networking
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension